INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOTHER'S DAY event next Sunday. You can help.

4 posters

Go down

MOTHER'S DAY event next Sunday.  You can help. Empty MOTHER'S DAY event next Sunday. You can help.

Post by TrueBrit Sat May 03, 2014 4:03 pm

How you can help with Ajijic's MOTHER'S DAY CELEBRATION

Next Sunday, May 11th, Ajijc will celebrate Mother's Day with a big event in the Lienzo Charro bullring (on Revolucion, a little ways down from the carretera, just below the football field). The event starts at 5:30pm and all are welcome. It is free!
It is customary to give gifts to your mother on Mother's Day, but this can be a struggle for families with low resources. So the village pitches in with gifting donated items to these women.
So if you have new make-up or gently used shoes, purses, handbags, earrings, jewelry, belts, or any other women's accessories that you would like to donate for this cause, please bring them to either to the delegado's office in Ajijic (Facing the plaza) or to Hector's restaurant, Mannix on Ocampo.
Or I can pick them up if you wish. Give me (Phil) a call at 766-2531 and I can come and get them.
This will make a big difference in a lot of mother's lives, which haven't been as fortunate as ours.

ps The delegado, Hector also said that kitchen stuff would be useful too. And if you haven't time to get out and about, I will always take cash and buy make-up with it.

THANK YOU

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

MOTHER'S DAY event next Sunday.  You can help. Empty Re: MOTHER'S DAY event next Sunday. You can help.

Post by JayBear Sat May 03, 2014 6:42 pm

Thank you for doing this! Last year I donated an assortment of items I picked up at WalMart. I have not been to the festivity but my maid goes along with the females in her family and says it is a lot of fun. (She has no idea that I donate.) So anyway, count me in, it gives me a good excuse to shop without feeling guilty!!! I will drop my stuff off at Mannix if all goes well! I think last year I donated decorative hair ties and clips, makeup, and I cannot remember what else. Ideas would be appreciated! A friend cleaned out her scarf collection, all in excellent condition, and I am sure that was well received. Another friend donated excess costume jewelry. Me, I got rid of my excess stuff years ago.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

MOTHER'S DAY event next Sunday.  You can help. Empty Re: MOTHER'S DAY event next Sunday. You can help.

Post by TrueBrit Sun May 04, 2014 12:16 am

Thank you so much, JayBear. If you hear of any friends in a charitable mood...pass this on! Thanks again.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Mon May 05, 2014 12:48 pm

Mother's day is May 10.  Mother's day is always May 10 in Mexico.

Last edited by Luisa on Mon May 05, 2014 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon May 05, 2014 3:07 pm

While that is certainly true, there is a Mother's Day celebration on May 11th. At least that was what delegado Hector told me. Do you have anything to donate, Luisa?

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon May 05, 2014 11:52 pm

To clear up any remaining confusion..... I have just received a message from Hector...

10 de mayo dia de la madre es el sabado , pero la delegacion y asociacion de charros lo celebra este año , el domingo 11 de mayo en el lienzo charro a las 5 :00 pm

So yes Mother's Day is the 10th, but the celebration is Sunday 11th at 5pm.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue May 06, 2014 7:55 am

We did it last year and will do it again. It is a very nice inexpensive thing that we can do that makes peoples lives a little bit better.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down