INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mario's cart is ready!!! (Swarm 19 update)

5 posters

Go down

Mario's cart is ready!!!  (Swarm 19 update) Empty Mario's cart is ready!!! (Swarm 19 update)

Post by TrueBrit Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:48 pm

Well, Mario's cart will be ready on Monday - I'm leaving the final shine to the last minute, as every time I turn around there is a new layer of dust on it.  But all the mechanical stuff has been done (except for fastening the new seats back on - hopefully everything aligns).

I was planning on delivering it to Mario at Perry's Fish 'n' Chips.  Mario hasn't seen the cart yet, so my plan is to take him to Perry's, get him lunch and then drive the cart to the restaurant and hand over the key.  And watch him drive off.  So if you can make it to Perry's, I will be there at 1pm next Monday (24th) and hand over the key at about 1:30pm.

I'm sure Perry would appreciate being able to sell a few more lunches and/or beers.  This time at normal prices - no donations needed.  In fact I have collected more than spent, and I said I was going to give the overage to Niños Incapacitados - but I am going to hold on to it for a few months in case anything else is discovered when the cart gets driven around for a while.  There is also someone looking into a solar charger for it.  But if, after three months, there has been no further costs, I will donate to NI.

Hopefully you can make it and see what a difference you've made in this kid's life.  Thanks for all your help and support these past few weeks.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Mario's cart is ready!!!  (Swarm 19 update) Empty Re: Mario's cart is ready!!! (Swarm 19 update)

Post by CanuckBob Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:50 pm

Awesome work Truebrit!!!! Well done indeed.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Mario's cart is ready!!!  (Swarm 19 update) Empty Re: Mario's cart is ready!!! (Swarm 19 update)

Post by zenwoodle Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:25 pm

I will be there to witness the results of your hard work Phil.  Beer Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:28 pm

For those of us who do not go to swarms, for whatever reasons, would one of you like to share just what this heartwarming story is all about????

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:35 pm

JayBear wrote:For those of us who do not go to swarms, for whatever reasons, would one of you like to share just what this heartwarming story is all about????
Here is a link to a website which will explain it all http://prylett.wix.com/help4mario
 Beer Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:22 pm

You guys have done a really really good thing. Congratulations.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:27 pm

UPDATE to the update. Mario will be out of town on Monday visiting family. He will be back at the end of March, so I am going to change the date of the handover to APRIL 1st (no joke) same time (1pm), same place (Perry's).
I am assuming that it is ok to start a new thread so this update appears in a heading? I don't want anyone to not realize nothing is going to happen this Monday.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down