INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English Library Operation - Interim report

+16
Zedinmexico
CHILLIN
jle
Playaboy
Lady Otter Latté
CheenaGringo
slainte39
Trailrunner
Grizzy
Pedro
David
CanuckBob
Luisa
Mainecoons
gringal
solajijic
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

English Library Operation - Interim report - Page 3 Empty Re: English Library Operation - Interim report

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:47 am

First rule of Inside Lakeside:
"1) No personal attacks. If you disagree with something, disagree with the thought or statement, not the person. If you have something nasty to say send a PM to the person as the rest of us probably don't want to see it. Posts that turn nasty or offensive outside the Octagon will be deleted and the offender will be removed."

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

English Library Operation - Interim report - Page 3 Empty Re: English Library Operation - Interim report

Post by islandiver Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:29 pm

English Library Operation - Interim report - Page 3 Double-standards

islandiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:56 pm

CHILLIN wrote:Setting up an English language digital library would be very difficult and/or expensive. The public libraries in the U.S. and Canada are mostly stocked by publishers because the law forces them to. If there was any such law in Mexico, which I doubt, the handful of Mexican publishers would mostly provide in Spanish language. The U.S. publishers have worked with the libraries and a software called "Overdrive". They can buy a title, but only a certain number can be taken out. Sometimes you have to wait, just like in the bricks and mortar world. You don't have to return a digital title. After a certain time - poof - it disappears. To purchase individual kindle titles from Amazon, and then lending them out, is probably as much a copyright violation as stripping the digital protection and uploading them to the internet. So unless the LCS Library wants to distribute DRM stripped titles (which number in the tens of thousands) they would have to negotiate some sort of understanding with Amazon and Overdrive.

A number of public libraries in the U.S. allow out of state memberships for an annual fee. I haven't looked into it for a few months.

I was under the impression that one of the online library services allowed out of country english language libraries (online content). Can't recall if it was Mymediamall or Overdrive. I am not following the issue closely but wonder if LCS has investigated this possibility.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:58 pm

David wrote:The pathological liar suggests I get help!  I won't bore the other posters with what I've been told about you and your behavior.  What a looney toon you are!

Got to second your opinion David.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Well as usual this has degraded to a shit-fest so I'm shutting er down........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3