INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English Library Operation - Interim report

+16
Zedinmexico
CHILLIN
jle
Playaboy
Lady Otter Latté
CheenaGringo
slainte39
Trailrunner
Grizzy
Pedro
David
CanuckBob
Luisa
Mainecoons
gringal
solajijic
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

English Library Operation - Interim report - Page 2 Empty Re: English Library Operation - Interim report

Post by Playaboy Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Pedro wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:WOW........all this animosity, aggravation and frustration from volunteers, members and even non-members of the Lake Chapala Society. What a dysfunctional dinosaur it really seems to be. I personally won't go near it with a 10 foot pole (other than the fact my property borders it.....jajaja) because the type of behavior being demonstrated here has always been my feeling about the place. You people really need to get better things to do with your "retirement years" than moan and piss about something that probably has very little direct bearing on your lives.

Just saying.......
perfect! it's nothing but a geriatric ward garden with a bunch of old farts[esses] bitching at each other and treating potential newcomers like shit.-SNORK!

I have been lakeside for almost a year. When I first arrived I went to check out the LCS. As a potential newcomer, I was treated with no respect, an inconvenience when I asked questions, and like a piece of sh-t.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

English Library Operation - Interim report - Page 2 Empty Re: English Library Operation - Interim report

Post by jle Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:51 pm

I agree with Playaboy, I was a member my first year here and when I stopped in with a question I was totally ignored because the volunteers manning the information desk were too busy arguing with each other. I never went back except once to renew my passport as a non member. There is absolutely no value to me to be a member.

jle

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:52 pm

There is a reason why many of the LCS members do not volunteer.  The tone of this conflict should make it clear why this is so.

Life is too short.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Setting up an English language digital library would be very difficult and/or expensive. The public libraries in the U.S. and Canada are mostly stocked by publishers because the law forces them to. If there was any such law in Mexico, which I doubt, the handful of Mexican publishers would mostly provide in Spanish language. The U.S. publishers have worked with the libraries and a software called "Overdrive". They can buy a title, but only a certain number can be taken out. Sometimes you have to wait, just like in the bricks and mortar world. You don't have to return a digital title. After a certain time - poof - it disappears. To purchase individual kindle titles from Amazon, and then lending them out, is probably as much a copyright violation as stripping the digital protection and uploading them to the internet. So unless the LCS Library wants to distribute DRM stripped titles (which number in the tens of thousands) they would have to negotiate some sort of understanding with Amazon and Overdrive.

A number of public libraries in the U.S. allow out of state memberships for an annual fee. I haven't looked into it for a few months.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:38 pm

CanuckBob wrote:WOW........all this animosity, aggravation and frustration from volunteers, members and even non-members of the Lake Chapala Society. What a dysfunctional dinosaur it really seems to be. I personally won't go near it with a 10 foot pole (other than the fact my property borders it.....jajaja) because the type of behavior being demonstrated here has always been my feeling about the place. You people really need to get better things to do with your "retirement years" than moan and piss about something that probably has very little direct bearing on your lives.

Just saying.......

Thanks for generalizing. Your idea of LCS comes from this board and TOB. The reality is most of us work well and get along well. We work on
our programs and try to help folks. We peons at LCS might be dinos but I doubt if you have the foggiest clue as to how we get along. Do you
think most volunteers support this crap????????? The answer is no.

Hey Just saying

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:04 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:After a sabbatical of many months and numerous snide comments on TOB regarding confrontations on this forum, I would guess we are now seeing just why Mainecoons returned for another visit?

I couldn't agree more...bringing his baggage over here.
At least, on this board, he isn't in a total conflict of interest, as exists for him on TOB.
...oh, I know, he understands the meaning of "recuse"    Rolling Eyes lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:15 pm

Well, there you go again;  THERE IS NO DUE PROCESS REMAINING SINCE THE AAC AND IT'S POLICES AND PROCEDURES WERE ELIMINATED. Even when there was a process neither the Audit Report nor the Board's comments were "entered into the minutes."  Further, since the report WAS entered included in the Board minutes it is now in the public domain.  For a guy who's been breaching the rules of confidentiality for weeks to accuse someone of "violating the rules governing confidentiality" when there are none remaining is beyond the absurd!  Party on!  You really should be  Fox TV. 

Now that both reports are public, the membership, and future donors can see for themselves how the LCS Board and the ED mismanaged, misused, and misappropriated the monies from the Gillespie Fund.    The objective and purpose of the AAC was to report such things to the Membership.  Even though the Board tried mightily to surpress the report is has found its way into the public domain.   MAOAO.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:19 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:

Just saying.......

Thanks for generalizing.  Your idea of LCS comes from this board and TOB. The reality is most of us work well and get along well.  We work on
our programs and try to help folks. We peons at LCS might be dinos but I doubt if you have the foggiest clue as to how we get along. Do you
think most volunteers support this crap?????????   The answer is no.  

Hey Just saying

Z

I rest my case........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:30 pm

Your case being, as I see it....

In every colony there are the "queen bees" and lots of "drones", who are just suppose to work and not get involved in politics.
....or as the Chairman said...."be happy in your work".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:05 pm

Not even close. It seems to me that the LCS members and board have been at odds about one thing or another ever since I first heard about them 8 years ago. They do a poor job of advertising what they can offer prospective members and they don't have a "welcoming feeling" for those who do wander in. Maybe one day things will change.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:21 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:What CanuckBob and Trailrunner said.
Geez, people. Do you have any idea how few years (at most) you have left to spend on this planet? Are you sure this is how you want to spend your precious remaining time?

I see that as usual our resident out of country pundit offers little but personal comments.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:24 pm

David wrote:Well, there you go again;  THERE IS NO DUE PROCESS REMAINING SINCE THE AAC AND IT'S POLICES AND PROCEDURES WERE ELIMINATED. Even when there was a process neither the Audit Report nor the Board's comments were "entered into the minutes."  Further, since the report WAS entered included in the Board minutes it is now in the public domain.  For a guy who's been breaching the rules of confidentiality for weeks to accuse someone of "violating the rules governing confidentiality" when there are none remaining is beyond the absurd!  Party on!  You really should be  Fox TV. 

Now that both reports are public, the membership, and future donors can see for themselves how the LCS Board and the ED mismanaged, misused, and misappropriated the monies from the Gillespie Fund.    The objective and purpose of the AAC was to report such things to the Membership.  Even though the Board tried mightily to surpress the report is has found its way into the public domain.   MAOAO.

Incorrect David.  The Board will be responding to the AAC report.  There is still an AC and the process will be followed going forward. What will be entered into the minutes is the report and comments/corrections.

BTW, you are correct that I didn't attend the December 2013 Board meeting.  However, I did get some feedback on your behavior there and the words used to describe it were "angry", "red faced", "threatening" and it was noted that after you delivered your threat to go public, you stomped out of the room.

It is certainly not hard to believe these descriptions when one looks at the obvious anger in your postings on this topic.  Maybe it is a good thing you left Ken high and dry at the AGM, I suspect that had you attended, your behavior would have just been more of same.

Last edited by Mainecoons on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:27 pm

Since everyone involved will soon be dead and none of this nonsense is really important, Laddy Otter makes perfect sense to me.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:48 pm

Me too.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:10 pm

Mainecoons wrote:
Incorrect David.  The Board will be responding to the AAC report.  There is still an AC and the process will be followed going forward.  What will be entered into the minutes is the report and comments/corrections.

BTW, you are correct that I didn't attend the December 2013 Board meeting.  However, I did get some feedback on your behavior there and the words used to describe it were "angry", "red faced", "threatening" and it was noted that after you delivered your threat to go public, you stomped out of the room.

It is certainly not hard to believe these descriptions when one looks at the obvious anger in your postings on this topic.  Maybe it is a good thing you left Ken high and dry at the AGM, I suspect that had you attended, your behavior would have just been more of same.
NO, there's a NEW AC with new rules written by the Board.  NO more independence and no reporting to the membership.  As for the Board meeting you're damned right I was angry.  The Board had been trying to supress their malfeasance (look it up) since August.  BTW, I don't get angry, I get even.  I'm never red-faced or threatening unless you were hearing from one of those who I was willing to expose for their despicable behavior.  I have witnesses that were there that will attest to the fact that I did not "stomp" from the room.  You're a real piece of work.  You made your mind up on this early on and have never let the facts get in your way.  You've never served a day at LCS yet you want everyone to belive you're heavily invested.  None of this matter now, least of all what you think or say.

The truth is out and all future donors can read it and donate at their peril.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:21 pm

Mainecoons: why did you quote me and then refer to me as the resident "out-of-country" pundit?

Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:13 pm

this crap has been flying since i heard of this damned place in 1999 before i even moved here.-SNORK! SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE!!!!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:15 am

YEP!!!!!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:17 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Mainecoons: why did you quote me and then refer to me as the resident "out-of-country" pundit?

A screw up Lady. I was referring to our Albuquerque expert on everything Mexican.

Sorry.  Rolling Eyes 
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:23 am

David wrote:
Mainecoons wrote:
Incorrect David.  The Board will be responding to the AAC report.  There is still an AC and the process will be followed going forward.  What will be entered into the minutes is the report and comments/corrections.

NO, there's a NEW AC with new rules written by the Board.  NO more independence and no reporting to the membership.  As for the Board meeting you're damned right I was angry.  The Board had been trying to supress their malfeasance (look it up) since August.  BTW, I don't get angry, I get even.  I'm never red-faced or threatening unless you were hearing from one of those who I was willing to expose for their despicable behavior.  I have witnesses that were there that will attest to the fact that I did not "stomp" from the room.  You're a real piece of work.  You made your mind up on this early on and have never let the facts get in your way.  You've never served a day at LCS yet you want everyone to belive you're heavily invested.  None of this matter now, least of all what you think or say.

The truth is out and all future donors can read it and donate at their peril.

Your very angry posting here simply validates what several have told me about your behavior at the Board meeting.

Really, David, you are your own cause's worst enemy. I think you should consider seeking help for your anger management issues. Among other things, that uncontrolled anger blinds you to the fact that I have actually concluded that I agree with a goodly portion of your concern.

Rant on, guy. It just helps the other side harden their position.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:27 am

Oh, okay. I was wondering if I had moved and didn´t remember.  Very Happy 
Also: what I said was not intended as a personal attack on anyone.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:21 am

The pathological liar suggests I get help!  I won't bore the other posters with what I've been told about you and your behavior.  What a looney toon you are!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:05 am

Mainecoons wrote:

Really, David, you are your own cause's worst enemy.  

I think that statement could work both ways.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:25 am

Either discuss this topic on its merits or back off. It's unreasonable of you both to get this to public so it can't be discussed. I just hate when a thread moves into one line barbs and then disintegrates.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:32 am

Amen.  This has degenerated beyond the limits of civilized differences of opinion.  How about canning the insults and keeping it on the general readership thread, guys?  In other words, take it outside for the shootout. English Library Operation - Interim report - Page 2 223506 

At this point, it's lose - lose.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:47 am

First rule of Inside Lakeside:
"1) No personal attacks. If you disagree with something, disagree with the thought or statement, not the person. If you have something nasty to say send a PM to the person as the rest of us probably don't want to see it. Posts that turn nasty or offensive outside the Octagon will be deleted and the offender will be removed."
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next