INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flight information wanted for flying from Guadalajara to Ecuador

+2
shana
elizabeth63
6 posters

Go down

Flight information wanted for flying from Guadalajara to Ecuador Empty Flight information wanted for flying from Guadalajara to Ecuador

Post by elizabeth63 Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:26 pm

I'm thinking about visiting Ecuador, and am looking for information on the best airlines to get there from Guadalajara...anyone done this trip lately and have some suggestions?  thanks...

elizabeth63

Back to top Go down

Flight information wanted for flying from Guadalajara to Ecuador Empty Re: Flight information wanted for flying from Guadalajara to Ecuador

Post by shana Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:54 pm

We used COPA when I went. We flew into Quito and used busses from there to many parts of the country.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Flight information wanted for flying from Guadalajara to Ecuador Empty Re: Flight information wanted for flying from Guadalajara to Ecuador

Post by Gamina Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Copa with one stop in Panama City then Quito.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:34 am

Likely Copa, but check on kayak.com and look for shortest flight times.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:21 pm

www.expedia.com
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:02 pm

shana wrote:We used COPA when I went.  We flew into Quito and used busses from there to many parts of the country.
Cuenca another highland city (2nd) is a  long hard trip by land, the highway can suffer many closures due to slides. The Air Force operates a small airline and uses a jet Boeing 727 to get you there. The coast and Amazonia are too hot and humid for my liking. The Galapagos are worth braving the heat (dry).
Bring back some Panama hats, as that where they are made.
Ecuador is very nice, and you don't worry about currency conversion!

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by elizabeth63 Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:20 pm

thanks to all for the great info and tips... Thumbs up

elizabeth63

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:43 am

elizabeth63 wrote:thanks to all for the great info and tips... Thumbs up

Cuenca, is a must see! The market of artesanias at Otavalo is an easy bus ride from Quito. The hot springs at Papayacta are great and secure.
Mitad del Mundo (Quito) can't be missed. Stand with one foot in Northern Hemisphere, other in Southern. Watch water go down the drain. Always 12 hours light, 12 hours dark there. Gets dark like very quickly. Sunday is "chancho" or roas pig day. All soft drinks are called "Colas". Cuey is guinea pig. They say it tastes like chicken, but I didn't try it.
Ecuador is nice, but like I say, the low lying areas get hot. I like the highlands, no matter where.
Enjoy!

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down