INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Renewed INM Card has no Prorroga number?

5 posters

Go down

My Renewed INM Card has no Prorroga number? Empty My Renewed INM Card has no Prorroga number?

Post by sundown Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:05 pm

I applied for renewal on Nov 13, 2013 and received today. The card that was renewed had Prorroga 2.
AND, my new card has no Prorroga.

My question is about my next renewal, which will conclude my fourth year on this series(other cards & books).
Will I be able to change to Permanant ? OR, will the lack of this Prorroga number cause me to have to go to Tourista,(or provide all of the paperwork & income requirements to move to Permanant?

I have a friend that has been here for over 25 yrs and did not have a Prorroga number, and was not able to
auto change to Permanant, and now has to go to the border every six months & reenter as a Tourista.

Anyone experiencing this? May be a question for Spencer, if needs to be corrected!

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

My Renewed INM Card has no Prorroga number? Empty Re: My Renewed INM Card has no Prorroga number?

Post by elehne1 Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:12 pm

We noticed the back of our Temporal renewal card on the bottom shows the correct number 4 at the end on the second row, our names on the third row or bottom row.

elehne1
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

My Renewed INM Card has no Prorroga number? Empty Re: My Renewed INM Card has no Prorroga number?

Post by 00Peso Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:28 pm

my renewal card has the number 8 at the end of the second row, maybe thats not the prorroga number then? This is my 3 year renewal card. my first year temp card has the same number 8 on the end of the second row and also has no number that I can identify as a prorroga number on either card.
00Peso
00Peso

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:02 pm

The back of your card shows Renovacion/Renovation followed by a number.

The numbers at the bottom of the card do not contain the proroga or renovacion number.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by 00Peso Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:15 pm

wish that were the case David, on my 1yr temp and now on my 3 yr temp no such word as Renovacion anywhere to be found.
00Peso
00Peso

Back to top Go down

Post by elehne1 Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:17 pm

Hmm...we asked at immigration when we got the card and the young gal thought maybe that was the number...Hope someone knows..

elehne1
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:22 pm

00Peso wrote:wish that were the case David, on my 1yr temp and now on my 3 yr temp no such word as Renovacion anywhere to be found.

It is the case on my card.  Best to talk to Spencer's office.  Quien sabe?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by 00Peso Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:10 pm

might be a good idea David, lets see if anyone else chimes in?
00Peso
00Peso

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:17 pm

They can check in the system, they recently changed the format of the cards, always a good idea to keep copies of old cards
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:44 am

Thanks to Spencer

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by elehne1 Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:15 am

Intercasa wrote:They can check in the system, they recently changed the format of the cards, always a good idea to keep copies of old cards

Thank you Spencer. Even the head guy looked at the card and seemed to agree but the cards are definitely updated from the one we received for last January.

elehne1
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down