INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mail Box to share?

+4
Pedro
Axixic
slainte39
Grizzy
8 posters

Go down

Mail Box to share? Empty Mail Box to share?

Post by Grizzy Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:50 am

I am looking to share an existing box for envelopes only, no packages. Would prefer a service that does not open mail as some of it is private and personal ( credit and bank statements, birthday and anniversary cards with gift certificates etc). The last place I used opened every envelope and items disappeared.
If anyone is happy with the service they use and wants a second or third person to share PM me please and thanks.
Or, if you know of a place who is trustworthy please advise. Thanks.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Mail Box to share? Empty Re: Mail Box to share?

Post by slainte39 Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:00 am

I believe most of the letter openings occurring at mail services is Aduana checking for financial instruments exceeding the legal limit...as well as other contraband.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:01 am

Grizzy,
I've been using the box service at the Mexican Post Office (kitty corner to Farmacia Guadalara in Ajijic) for a bit now with no problems. I don't get a lot of mail there but none of it has been opened and cost of the service is MX$ 300 per year.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:32 am

have had a box in chapala po for over 7 years. even get new credit and debit cards sent there as well as other important documents and packages. only one letter lost but that sort of thing happens NOB too.
the last package came from my son in abu dhabi. that took 1 1/2 months. probably woulda been the same in canader
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:44 pm

I've also used the Chapala PO without incident, although I believe the cost is actually 300 pesos for 6 months.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:55 pm

Tony_In_Mexico wrote:I've also used the Chapala PO without incident, although I believe the cost is actually 300 pesos for 6 months.

Not in Ajijic - just renewed in January - 300 for the year.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:24 pm

I need a US address for some important papers. None of the envelopes opened were large, manilla, Fed ex boxes,etc. they were clearly sealed one or two page statements or letters. Now I have had all Fedex envelopes opened and searched, one went missing and one was missing important documents for the closure of myhome sale. I have had birthday and xmas cards opened and taped shut and gift cards taken.
All of this while using Sol y Luna, who also managed to lose five or six packages as well. After a fight I was reimbursed for the smallest one.
Having had an identity theft I am super cautious about my personal papers. I tried using a mailbox in Laredo where I pick up mail but that was un sustainable.
I will try a Mexican PO box and have a test fedex and regular envelope sent to both and to my house to see what happens.
Nothing of value but my identity has been compromised so I am super paranoid.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:25 pm

fedex does not deliver to po boxes nor does any courier service. i have had 3 difernt courier services deliver to my house directly with no problems like you mention nor regular and registered mail to my mail box.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:16 am

Sol y Luna just announced rate increases-
No more sharing(they never had boxes, only a file drawer)
of "boxes". Doubles the rate for a year to 2500 pesos

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:00 am

Fed EX and UPS deliver to Handy Mail and Mail Boxes Etc., probably others. They accept deliveries for their clients and call them upon receipt.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:05 am

Jim W wrote:Fed EX and UPS deliver to Handy Mail and Mail Boxes Etc., probably others.  They accept deliveries for their clients and call them upon receipt.
yes. those are physical addresses and not post office boxes which they do not deliver to.
but why bother using a 3rd party when you can have it delivered directly?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:21 am

i have never understood why anyone would pay such exorbitant prices for these us addressed mail services. are you that keen to continue getting junk mail. the mexican postal service is just fine and if you need a courier service you can readily contract them or the person/company sending you something can do so. the money you waste could buy a lot of cervazas,tequila and puros-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:28 am

If you are covered by the VA for your health insurance they want a US address in the state you receive your care. That's just one example. I'm sure there may be other reasons.
So get off your high horse or low moto, me!me!, and try to address the OP's original concern.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:39 am

lunateak wrote:If you are covered by the VA for your health insurance they want a US address in the state you receive your care.   That's just one example.  I'm sure there may be other reasons.  
So get off your high horse or low moto, me!me!, and try to address the OP's original concern.
seems that me and others have been addressing the issue,and you loonytick, have seen an opportunity for one of your passive aggressive little digs is all. i consider the question in my last post quite valid. your answer re:va address makes no sense for a reason to have a 3rd party box in texas if you get treatment in cali for example.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:33 pm

Because you have never understood why anyone would pay such exorbitant prices doesn't mean a reason does not exist.
Berating others for their choice of mail delivery hardly qualifies as offering options already discussed.

FYI-
If one were to choose VA care in California the VA would want a California address not a Texas address.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:20 pm

lunateak wrote:Because you have never understood why anyone would pay such exorbitant prices doesn't mean a reason does not exist.
Berating others for their choice of mail delivery hardly qualifies as offering options already discussed.

FYI-
If one were to choose VA care in California the VA would want a California address not a Texas address.
if you care to read the thread. we have given options[me included].
so someone takes your va mail in california for you and forwards it to you via us and mexican postal service. no need for expensive full time service, in this case 4th party, simply for one entity. we get regular canadian mail in 2-4 weeks[average 3]. overnight courier in 3 business days, which is considerably more expensive but only charged for that item and not for a 12 month service whether you need it or not.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down