INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wreck on Colon, New Year's Eve?

+2
Zedinmexico
hkrause
6 posters

Go down

Wreck on Colon, New Year's Eve? Empty Wreck on Colon, New Year's Eve?

Post by hkrause Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:32 pm

Anybody know what happened with the wreck last night? On Colon, about 1/2 block south of the Plaza? We were eating at Peacock Garden and came out (around 7 pm?) to find a huge mess... lights flashing everywhere and apparently 5 cars involved. Cars against the buildings on both sides of the street and I couldn't even get past them to see if my car (parked just behind one involved in the wreck) was injured. I had to walk all the way around the block and get to my car from the north side. Amazingly, it wasn't even scratched. After getting one of the tow trucks to move, I was able to back out and leave so they could tow the other cars out of their pile-up. Can't imagine how somebody could have been going fast enough to cause all that damage. One car was facing up the street, the wrong direction. Kind of looked like a head-on collision with somebody coming the other way. Wish I'd thought to take photos, but all I could think about was getting to my own car. I'm curious now to know what might have happened.

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Wreck on Colon, New Year's Eve? Empty Re: Wreck on Colon, New Year's Eve?

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:29 am

Friend of mine was in an accident in Guad and even the poor guy who was eating a taco at a taco joint AWAY from his car had to go to jail with the others. It all turned out OK but beware if your car is hit in an accident even if you are not IN THE CAR you can go to jail with the others. That was a little shocking to me.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:39 am

Wow.. yeah! I do keep our insurance info, contact number, and Spencer's contact info in my car at all times, in case anything happens. Did your friend at the taco stand have all his papers in order and available at the scene? Seems strange that they'd take somebody who wasn't even in their vehicle at the time of the accident.   
scratch

hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:31 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:Friend of mine was in an accident in Guad and even the poor guy who was eating a taco at a taco joint AWAY from his car had to go to jail with the others. It all turned out OK but beware if your car is hit in an accident even if you are not IN THE CAR you can go to jail with the others. That was a little shocking to me.
Z

When there is an injury resulting from the accident everyone goes to jail.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:40 pm

hkrause wrote:Wow.. yeah! I do keep our insurance info, contact number, and Spencer's contact info in my car at all times, in case anything happens. Did your friend at the taco stand have all his papers in order and available at the scene? Seems strange that they'd take somebody who wasn't even in their vehicle at the time of the accident.   
scratch

Damaged car was parked and owner was eating a Taco at time of Accident. He went to jail also. Males were put in cell women were handcuffed one to another and last cuff to bars of mens cell. Tellin what happened so folks will be aware. I had no idea.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:45 pm

David wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:Friend of mine was in an accident in Guad and even the poor guy who was eating a taco at a taco joint AWAY from his car had to go to jail with the others. It all turned out OK but beware if your car is hit in an accident even if you are not IN THE CAR you can go to jail with the others. That was a little shocking to me.
Z

When there is an injury resulting from the accident everyone goes to jail.

David this has been addressed in several threads over the past year. Your statement is incorrect, I was in an accident 2 years ago, 3 people went to the Hospital, no one went to jail. We were released by the Federales, after insurance adjuster arrived and completed paperwork. Thankfully no one died! Possibly it may vary by state, but we were not cited....no tickie, and we hit a vehicle with Mexican occupants. cheers 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:22 pm

Jim:

David's statement is correct for the north shore of Lake Chapala at least sometimes while yours is correct sometimes for the area where you had your accident. If I remember your story correctly, you were dealing with either Federal or State Police?

The one true consistency in Mexico is its inconsistency!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:44 pm

People go to jail until payment is figured out, i.e. insurance adjusters arrive and agree to pay. Perhaps in Jim's case the accident was on the toll highway where the toll includes insurance so therefore payment is not an issue as everybody is covered?
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down