INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airline carry on question

5 posters

Go down

Airline carry on question Empty Airline carry on question

Post by RoofBob Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:59 am

Flying to Tijuana (San Diego) on Interjet next week and want to take a few small sample size tequila bottles and a few hot sauce. As I will only be taking one carry on piece of luggage my question is, is that allowable? TIA
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Airline carry on question Empty Re: Airline carry on question

Post by juanrey Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:11 am

I believe as long as less than 3 oz you can carry it on, but you'll have to put it in a ziplock.

juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:27 am

Bob:

Not sure exactly what the regs are for domestic flights but this page from AeroMexico does provide a few clues:
http://eu.aeromexico.com/TravelInformation/BeforeYouPurchase/RegulationsAndPolicies/restrictedItems.html
I couldn't find a similar page for Interjet.

Not sure what the policies are at the so-called duty free shops, but they do have both tequila and hot sauces and then deliver them directly to your gate. Maybe that is an option??????

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:13 pm

Thanks for the advise John & Cheena. My question now becomes, If bought at the duty free store can I take it on the plane in my carry on luggage?
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:17 pm

RoofBob wrote:Thanks for the advise John & Cheena. My question now becomes, If bought at the duty free store can I take it on the plane in my carry on luggage?

You don't have an international ticket so I don't think you can buy in duty free store.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:39 pm

If you can buy yes it will go on the plane with you .If the duty free shop is within the gates area if not I am not sure how it works since you cannot have liquids with you when you go through security. Since your flight is not international I would be interested to hear if they let you buy or not. I do not know about the sauces but I would guess you could buy the Teuila in Tijuana,

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:54 pm

Good thought brigitte, I'll buy the tequila in T.J and try to smuggle a few sampler size hot sauces in my bag. The stuff is cheap anyway so no big. Thanks everyone.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:38 pm

RoofBob:

You should be able to determine which terminal your flight originates out of. While Terminal 1 is designated as the International Terminal, I have seen domestic flights flying out of there. Since the Dufry so-called duty free stores are really nothing close to being duty free, I would take a wild guess that if you are flying out of Terminal 1, they will sell to you. The only reason I think this may be a viable option is that they deliver to the gate which allows you to have liquid in the cabin and I do also know they offer hot sauces for purchase.

On the other hand, why not check your bag that you are planning to carry on? Really isn't a big deal as all luggage has to be either "felt up" or x-ray'd depending on airline. We have never had a thing disappear from our luggage and usually the Mexican airlines seem to be far more efficient in unloading luggage and delivering it to the carousel for pick up.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down