INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Permanente driving foreign plated vehicle

+4
David
CanuckBob
Ezzie
Jim W
8 posters

Go down

Permanente driving foreign plated vehicle Empty Permanente driving foreign plated vehicle

Post by Jim W Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:13 pm

When we left Mexico in October I could still drive my wife's foreign plated vehicle...she is Temporal.   Has this changed?  What documents should be carried in the glove box?

TIA......Jim W

Probably an Intercasa question.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Permanente driving foreign plated vehicle Empty Re: Permanente driving foreign plated vehicle

Post by Ezzie Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:07 am

Jim,
From what my understanding is, you are fine to drive the car as long as she remains Temporal and the TIP is valid.  You must, however, be able to prove that you are her spouse.  Carry notarized copies of your marriage certificate, the valid TIP document and her Resident Temporal card (both sides). Where it might get messy is if her name on the marriage certificate is different than the name on her passport or Temporal card.

Please correct me if I am wrong on my understanding of this.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Permanente driving foreign plated vehicle Empty Re: Permanente driving foreign plated vehicle

Post by Jim W Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:57 am

Thanks Ezzie, that is my understanding as well, just want to make sure......
Feliz Navidad
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:52 am

The problem will always be trying to communicate the situation to the Policia if they speak little or no English. Best insure all your documents (including the marriage certificate) are in Spanish. I would also include an explanation letter in Spanish.

OR........just buy a $2000 Mexican plated beater for down here. Seem to me having one car was a PIA for you two anyhow.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:20 am

CB, Deb probably won't go permanente as we need to haul more than we can take as luggage on airlines. We will buy another vehicle in GDL, probably in April.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:22 am

Yep, buying a second vehicle to leave down here is your best bet.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:28 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yep, buying a second vehicle to leave down here is your best bet.

CB, I know where to buy the TP, but where do you buy the beads for the rear view mirror?   Want to have the look of a local! Beer Beer and the steering wheel lock bar?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:18 pm

I think the point is moot Jim. You have an OR DL and plates. The transitos are not even allowed to check your immigration status.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:15 pm

I know David, just ribbing CB about the TP, and Rosary in his van......all is good, Happy New Year to You and Anne!

Deb n Jim
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:21 pm

Jim:

You may be able to solve all of your questions if you would just have a "driving t-shirt" with an explanation in both English and Spanish explaining that you are owned by Debbie and that the vehicle is in her name?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Neil, You crack me up as usual....looking forward to our first face to face.....I buy.....CORONA on the rocks! Works for me!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:05 am

Jim W wrote:Neil, You crack me up as usual....looking forward to our first face to face.....I buy.....CORONA on the rocks!   Works for me!
If you are expecting Corona on the rocks at a futbol game... think again  Beer Beer Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:11 am

zenwoodle wrote:
Jim W wrote:Neil, You crack me up as usual....looking forward to our first face to face.....I buy.....CORONA on the rocks!   Works for me!
If you are expecting Corona on the rocks at a futbol game... think again  Beer Beer Beer 

Well, I'm expecting Guinness, but you can leave the rocks at home.   Beer    lol!
I know, people in Hell want ice water.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:46 am

The Transitos are checking imigration papers in Tonala. I have been stopped four times in two months. Every time on Rio Nilo

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down