INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High season turnout

+14
zenwoodle
sm1mex
Zedinmexico
CanuckBob
Pedro
simpsca
slainte39
David
Smartalex
Lady Otter Latté
Jim W
Rosa Venus
otrocanuck
smint
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

High season turnout - Page 2 Empty Re: High season turnout

Post by lunateak Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:18 pm

Jim W wrote:Sadly, based on Intercasa's report requiring higher income levels than the preceding year,  Mexico is becoming a not so affordable retirement destination.   Several acquaintances have decided to search for another Meca, so to speak, as they do not have the required monthly income or cash on hand!    

That's for anyone wanting to remain for more than 6 months at a time. Many snowbirds and even many full-timers go NoB every 4-6 months and don't require anything other than a tourist visa.

Living full-time as a foreigner in most countries, not all!, requires you to prove you're not a drain on society.

lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Will Mexico deny permanent residency to those that own homes here....probably this is for a new thread.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:28 pm

Jim W wrote:Will Mexico deny permanent residency to those that own homes here....probably this is for a new thread.
That's an interesting question.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:32 pm

That is an interesting question... Spencer? Do home owners have different requirements?
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:39 pm

My understanding is home ownership counts NADA towards permanente?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:34 pm

I understood the same thing so the lesson here is to get your Permanente before you blow the wad on a house if you don't qualify otherwise.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:45 pm

I don't think its reasonable to try to figure the winter influx until after the holidays. After is when its evident whether the snowbirds are plentiful or not.

The woman who irons for me said her son and his friends are back from school and they all have vehicles many in Ajijic. Her sister and BIL and their 3 are arriving tomorrow. Her brothers and their wives and children arrived last weekend from up near Juarez.

We had a fellow track us down to see if we would sell him one of our cars for his ranch. He arrived two months ago after an adulthood spent legally in the US but he is native Ajijican. He has retired here. His 2 adult sons with their wives and children arrive this weekend.

So right there 6 new cars in town for the holidays. All from the woman who irons and who does not have a vehicle.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:58 pm

solajijic wrote:I don't think its reasonable to try to figure the winter influx until after the holidays.  After is when its evident whether the snowbirds are plentiful or not.

The woman who irons for me said her son and his friends are back from school and they all have vehicles many in Ajijic.  Her sister and BIL and their 3 are arriving tomorrow.  Her brothers and their wives and children arrived last weekend from up near Juarez.  

We had a fellow track us down to see if we would sell him one of our cars for his ranch.  He arrived two months ago after an adulthood spent legally in the US but he is native Ajijican.  He has retired here.  His 2 adult sons with their wives and children arrive this weekend.

So right there 6 new cars in town for the holidays.  All from the woman who irons and who does not have a vehicle.

U make a good case councillor  Beer 
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2