INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any miricle cures for badly sprained ankle

+10
Lady Otter Latté
otrocanuck
mattoleriver
saege007
Pedro
CHILLIN
hockables
CheenaGringo
zenwoodle
espíritu del lago
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

any miricle cures for badly sprained ankle Empty any miricle cures for badly sprained ankle

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:14 am

ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME

What nsaids suggested?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

any miricle cures for badly sprained ankle Empty Re: any miricle cures for badly sprained ankle

Post by zenwoodle Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:52 am

I always found that Aleve worked best for me.  Beer 
Scotch is also very good. Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

any miricle cures for badly sprained ankle Empty Re: any miricle cures for badly sprained ankle

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:58 am

any miricle cures for badly sprained ankle <a href=any miricle cures for badly sprained ankle 13121110" />

Make sure to wear your helmet and have something to read while your ankle is immersed in ice water!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:15 am

Copias amounts of Alcohol... till ya don't feel a thing.  Beer 
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:38 am

If you looking for a serious answer - R.I.C.E., rest, ice, compression, elevation.

Best nsaid is dicoflenac - been around since the 70's, available OTC in Mexico.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diclofenac
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:45 am

CHILLIN wrote:If you looking for a serious answer - R.I.C.E., rest, ice, compression, elevation.

Best nsaid is dicoflenac - been around since the 70's, available OTC in Mexico.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diclofenac

Lobotomys are down the hall and to your left.  Beer 
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:08 pm

These are good! And I'm laughed!  The lobotomy was hilarious!  That might actually cure pain too bad the side effects last forever.  The RICE is the freeking hardest one. Tell my livestock and animals  I am on RICE and there's no food or water. Thank God one of neighbors is doing that for me. 

You know you never gonna guess how I sprained it.  These outta be good! I would like to here some homeopathic cures also!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:11 pm

O yea the  bronco one was hilarious too. Too rocky down by the river or thats where I stick my foot and ankle. The weather today and tomorrow is outstanding!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:12 pm

what i do is put a tensor on it, lace up my skate real tight until it hurts and then play hockey.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:17 pm

espíritu del lago wrote: You know you never gonna guess how I sprained it.

The usual suspect is dancing with Captain Morgan, he thinks everyone should only have one leg like him.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:42 pm

I'd say make sure it really is sprained. I thought mine was sprained last year and found out it was really broken. That sucked.

But, yeah, R.I.C.E.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:58 am

Yea, instead of swelling going down it has actually swollen larger than the first night. I will have to make an appointment with the Dr. Grrrrrr
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:47 am

I remember this one from way back when I was a very young child.
My grandmother and one of her "old country" friends (neither one a Doctor!) treated a sprained ankle with a urine poultice. I don't recall how that one worked out.
The same grandmother treated my uncle when he stepped on a rusty nail puncturing his foot. She smeared bacon grease on the nail and tossed it out in the woods. My uncle healed well, so, I guess this stuff really works. Very Happy 

George
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by otrocanuck Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:03 pm

I sprained mine on a construction site so bad that the instant it happened I felt immediately nauseous. I found that applying ice for about twenty minutes at a time and staying off it for a few days was what helped me the most. Expect a month or more before feeling any part of normal.
otrocanuck
otrocanuck
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Mississauga, Point Claire, Edmonton, Saltspring Isl., Nakusp,Chapala,

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:13 pm

"Staying off of it" seems to be the part Espiritu is having a problem with.
I think an x-ray may be in order just to be sure it is not broken or fractured.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:08 am

I definitely had  the nausea part and the oh God don't let me pass out. Tomorrow is Dr. Appt. Yeah staying put is the hard part. I see a boot in my future. I appreciate all the advice!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:23 am

Like Sage, I was sure my foot/ankle was sprained once. Iced it, walked on it two weeks before having the sense to go to a doctor. Fifth metatarsal was broken almost all the way through. If I had continued to walk on it there would have been surgery to pin the bone together. So get it checked out.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:18 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME

What nsaids suggested?

!st day is ice, after that, immerse in warm water with Epson Salts (Sal Inglesa)

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:48 am

so, espiritu, que pasa? Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:21 am

Well here's the how it is.  Called for appt Tues got in on Fri. Got new PCM. Was going to sit down, the male nurse spent 20 min reviewing past medical and did weigh in BP ect. Doctor called me in to office 25 min later. A full 30 min consult.

Then off to xrays hobbled right in 10 min done! Santa Claus gave me a bag of candy and wished me a Merry Christmas.  Went to pharmacy got a number wait 1 hour go eat and come back wait 20 min get free meds.

Dr gave referral for orthopedic Dr. Call Monday fo appt. Drove home. I get home am am there maybe 10 minutes and medical supply van drives up now this is after 5pm. I'm like wtf... I was fitted for crutches in my driveway! 

MRI probably Monday. I read my paperwork everything from MRI to brace Said asap. Everybody apologized for the wait as ir was Christmas Party day.

So far all I know is ligament and tendon damage for sure. Total cost $0.00
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:59 am

So it sounds like you are spending your holiday with your foot elevated. Hope you have someone to get you a cup of good cheer beverage!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:25 am

These are the crutches I received http://gettingstronger.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/forearm_crutch.jpg

There are a ton of instruction videos for the original crutches but none I can find for the ones referenced above. Trying to figure out stairs!

Bottom line these freaking things need lessons included! However they make great weapons! Since I am I will do it myself person, The cane I have works and seems to me a better option!. Example, you can only use 1 crutch to get coffee etc!

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:48 pm

Remember, there are no miracle cures for anything.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:45 am

ice helps and staying off it. I badly sprain my food a few years ago and I went to the hospital in Juchitan as it was so painfull even the bed sheet on it hurt. They put my foot in a half cast and told me to stay off it for a month. I did not and it took 6 months to heal and I spained it again. That time I went to Doña Rosa in West Ajijic and se massaged it back to health.. but it took a long time for me not to feel that foot.

I met a Spanish doctor who told me that the pain should be gone after a month but that most people did not stay off and it usually took 3 to 6 months to heal in those cases. You are forwarned.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:53 am

I know, I am sure it is God, karma, and it is life showing you it is time to  slow down. Just got to roll with the flow. It won't last forever.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next