INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

La Taverna

+6
gringal
Calgary Native
hockables
David
itsme
simpsca
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

La Taverna - Page 2 Empty Re: La Taverna

Post by David Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:27 pm

Never the less, we're happy you're here!

David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:21 pm

gringal wrote:The location is not ringing a bell. What street?

Gringal, La Taverna is on the soutside of the carretera in Ajijic. On the corner of I forget what street, but it has a big green awning out front. Zoey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:25 pm

Sorry, I messed up. I was telling you where Trattoria is. La Tavera is in Plaza La Huereta on the west side of Ajijic, just across the street from Hacienda steak house. Zoey.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Zoey wrote:Sorry, I messed up. I was telling you where Trattoria is. La Tavera is in Plaza La Huereta on the west side of Ajijic, just across the street from Hacienda steak house. Zoey.

Try again. Gringal was asking where PEPE & AURORA is located.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:54 pm

David wrote:
Zoey wrote:Sorry, I messed up. I was telling you where Trattoria is. La Tavera is in Plaza La Huereta on the west side of Ajijic, just across the street from Hacienda steak house. Zoey.

Try again. Gringal was asking where PEPE & AURORA is located.

Ok, wiseguy, you tell her. I have tried twice and am old and tired and cannot handle the stress. grin. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:08 pm

Alas, "Sometimers" sets in when we least expect it. David is right. I was looking for Pepe and Aurora's place.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:42 pm

gringal wrote:Alas, "Sometimers" sets in when we least expect it. David is right. I was looking for Pepe and Aurora's place.

I hope you are talking about yourself and not me. Thought I turned this responsibility over to David, but as usual, he did not come through. Just sends short blasts of wind and then disappears. grin. Pepe's is on the mountainside of the carretera, about a quarter of a mile west of Villa Nova, in a freestanding building with a large sign in front. Double check your bill. Thanks for your help, David. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Abuelo Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:53 am

gringal wrote:Nice pic, David.
I think it's true of most restaurants when the "helpers" are in the kitchen. That's the trouble with owning a restaurant. If the owner isn't there watching, things can go amok.
I've only been to the place once. Had a disappointing pizza and switched loyalties to La Toscana. Now they've gone downhilll drastically......not the good cheese or toppings they used to have. Where's a good pizza to be had anymore? (not in Italy, for sure).
Ah, the one good thing I remember about Los Angeles........great pizza.

I'm sorry to hear this if true. Alesandro is the son of the owner of La Taverna. It's been awhile since we've eaten at La Toscana. I hope his popularity hasn't gotten away with him.
Abuelo
Abuelo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:57 pm

David wrote:Go past Rancho del Oro and Plaza La Huerta until you come to the Roosevelt School on your left, you'll see Pepe & Aurora's sign on the right. Good place, good lunch and dinner too. A neighbor says they have the "best" Fish & Chips. Open Monday thru Saturday.

The fish and chips are good. One large hunk of sea bass and homemade fries. I also love the fish and chips at Magana. To me, it is a tossup and Magana is less expensive. Always, always, check your bill before paying at Pepe's as they tend to make "mistakes" Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:02 pm

gringal wrote:Didn't sound like John. He'd go on about taking a group there and what, exactly, they all had to eat. And so on, and on.

Also, "itsme" said something about being from New York, and John says he's from Boston.

Give the newbie a break!

Too funny, but true. Definitely, not John I expect soon that he will include how many times everybody burped and farted to show their pleasure at dinner. grin. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:19 pm

hound dog wrote:
itsme wrote:I was there a few weeks ago on a Friday and had the absolutely worst meal of any type in my life! The food was soo salty I could not eat it. All I had was spaghetti and sausages. I took the sausages home for the dogs, (washed them off first) I do have to say neither one of the owners were there. I was born in NYC, I do know italian food well. This was awful. Sorry.

Do not tell me that that "itsme" is "John in Ajijic" AKA Chef BoyArDee, the resident curmudgeon and expert on all things over at Crapola.Com who has decided to grace this board with his extraordinary wisdom.

Concerning La Taverna, we used to go there often and found the family that owns the place amusing but the food was simply too inconsistent. Sometimes very good but more often mediocre to really bad. Too bad since I like the owners and they have shown occasional talent but now there are far more choices in West Ajijic so we lost interest in the gamble.

Hound Dog - You're right "itsme" is not johninajijic from crapola.com where Francisca rules the roost and has booted the best members. Now they have a bunch of newbies who know nothing, with no oldies to answer questions with good info.

So here I am, back on a new Forum, invited by CanuckBob. I'm typing away and comments still roll off my oily Italian back. LOL.

Well I got off track. We ate at La Taverna and gave it 3 chances. NEVER AGAIN. The worst Italian food I've ever had in my life. For good Italian food go to ANGELICAS BISTRO across from Panino. Pedro the owner is a great cook and a nice person.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:39 pm

The pesto crudo on freshly made fettuccine at Angelica's is about my favorite meal and the waitress is a real sweetheart.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum