INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone want a free b&w printer with extra cartridge?

+2
2mexicos
JayBear
6 posters

Go down

anyone want a free b&w printer with extra cartridge? Empty anyone want a free b&w printer with extra cartridge?

Post by JayBear Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:03 pm

I have an HP Laserjet 4000 that is about 10 years old that I want to give away, along with an extra new cartridge. It has to be fed one sheet of paper at a time, but it does work. If you are interested, post a reply.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

anyone want a free b&w printer with extra cartridge? Empty Re: anyone want a free b&w printer with extra cartridge?

Post by 2mexicos Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:05 am

Dear Jay:
We would love to have the printer. My husband is in the process of putting and our old computer back together for the Hope House
boys - the house in Aqua Escondida, Ixtlahuacan- and a printer would be be a great addition. Our phone number is 762-1628. Ask for
Barry or Christine
Thank you

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

anyone want a free b&w printer with extra cartridge? Empty Re: anyone want a free b&w printer with extra cartridge?

Post by JayBear Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:13 am

You've got it! Will call you later.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:16 am

2mexicos,

How are the boys at Hope House in Ixtlahuacan doing? Maybe a good time for an update and a list of other wants and needs. Tx
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:56 am

I should add for JayBear's sake that the HP laser requires a parallel port at the PC end; it doesn't have a USB port.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:10 pm

Thanks, Helper Guy--I will be sure to discuss this with the people who are interested.--Judy

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:39 am

An update on the boys at hope house-
We do not see them as often as we did- once a week-to pick up one of the boys for the horse riding at paseos- however, that has been discontinued.
Last year Jim W. and his wife<from this board, donated a truck load of xmas decorations, enough for an entire house, The boys wanted to thank
him personally, so we drug him along to see the smiles on their faces. Yea, it was great- and the smile on Jim's face after seeing their excitement was kind of nice too.
This week we are dropping by the house and will get an update on what the latest is and any needs. We usually give soccer balls- enough to last a year, as
a xmas gift but your posts have given me an idea to see if anyone has extra clothes, blankets and toys to wrap and put under their first xmas tree ever.
Before Jim gave them their tree I had always assumed they had one. This was not the case. This is such a wonderful place. I do not know how they do it
but they do , and do it well . The boys are the sweetest and best behaved children / young men I have ever known. I do know the house was burglarized
earlier this year. Someome donated security cameras. Will get back to you on the lastest since we are going by there today.
Helper guy- will have to tell hubby about that port thing you mentioned- I do not read nor understand greek- lol - He will understand it- and can deal with it-
if they can not use the printer that was offered- we do have one that could be given- we had planned to anyway- but it is on it's last leg.
Thank you all very much
Barry and Christine

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:45 am

2mexicos....you are welcome to the computer tower for HOPE House. Also have one security camera....you are welcome to

Call or PM.  Barry can pick it up anytime.

COMPUTER TOWER

PROCESSOR: AMD 1.80 ghz

MEMORY: 512MBDDR1
HARDDISK: 80gb
OPTICAL DRIVE: DVD-RW

WINDOWS XP SP3
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:45 am

THIS IS GREAT! Jim just called and we are on our way to pick up the compyter tower. My son has an
extra monitor in colorado- he said he would donate it also- wowp
thank you Jay and Jim W. They will be soooo happy. The only problem with the monitor is that i can
not bring it back here until Dec. 8th- But that would be in time for xmas,
Jim and Jay- would either of you like to go with us when we deliver the gift at xmas- anytime after Dec 8th -
let us know. The boys have already adopted "uncle Jim" and a Jaybear would be great also!
we live in Agua Escondida, so are in the area , so to speak , all the time.
Thank you soooo much.

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:49 am

Here's a serial port and a parallel port, and then a USB port. Check on the back of your PC to see which ones you have (sizes are not accurate)
Serial:
anyone want a free b&w printer with extra cartridge? Serial_port
Parallel:
anyone want a free b&w printer with extra cartridge? Parallel-Port
USB:
anyone want a free b&w printer with extra cartridge? Usb
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:55 am

Hubby is on his way right now to Jim W.'s house - so will have him check that when he gets it back
here. thank you for the info- hubby will understand it. We have spare things here for a computer but
I just dont understand a darn thing about them- I have trouble just turning them on- one reason I
keep Barry around- lol
We all have our talents- but i am electronically challenged- and then some.
Will ket you know what the back looks like.
Once again Thank you

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:34 am

I am holding onto the b&w printer until we figure out if it is compatible with the computer you are donating. Yes, I would be happy to help with the effort for Hope House. I am glad my post led to more info about their needs.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:37 am

HelperGuy wrote:I should add for JayBear's sake that the HP laser requires a parallel port at the PC end; it doesn't have a USB port.
I've never used one and have no idea how well they work, but you can get a parallel port to USB adapter.
parallel port to USB adapter
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:51 am

Great news. The computer that Jim W. dontated will work . It has the port or whatever it was- hubby just ckecked-
yea! so grateful that jaybear started this thread- never knew where it will lead. lol
the kids are going to love this>
thank you all so very much.
Jim drive safely on the trip- will see you when you get back and jaybear will be waiting for your call.

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:52 am

2mexicos wrote: THIS IS GREAT!  Jim just called and we are on our way to pick up the compyter tower.  My son has an
extra monitor in colorado- he said he would donate it also- wowp
thank you Jay and Jim W.  They will be soooo happy.  The only problem with the monitor is that i can
not bring it back here until Dec. 8th- But that would be in time for xmas,
Jim and Jay- would either of you like to go with us when we deliver the gift at xmas- anytime after Dec 8th -
let us know.   The boys have already adopted "uncle Jim" and a Jaybear would be great also!
we live in Agua Escondida, so are in the area , so to speak , all the time.
Thank you soooo much.
Thank You for the invite 2mexicos, unfortunately Deb and I will be NOB for the next 7 months. It was really great seeing the expression on the boys faces as we unloaded everything for last Christmas. It would be great fun seeing the way the decorations brighten up their home.Surte 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:10 pm

Axixic wrote:
HelperGuy wrote:I should add for JayBear's sake that the HP laser requires a parallel port at the PC end; it doesn't have a USB port.
I've never used one and have no idea how well they work, but you can get a parallel port to USB adapter.
parallel port to USB adapter
Yes, when you can find one. Unfortunately here that means another trip to Guad to check the Steren stores... thus the enticing "I have a spare printer" thing starts to get out of hand...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:38 am

Jay Bear
I sent you a p.m. not sure if i did it correctly.
we will be home all day 762-1628.
Barry and Christine

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:29 am

To Jay Bear and Jim W. a big thank you. Yesterday we picked up JayBears' printer, hooked it to
Jim W's computer and VOILA, we are in business. JayBear was kind enough to give generously
for the paper supply also.(hope you do not get upset that I mentioned this)
We are not going to wait until xmas for that monitor in Colorado. With the generous donations of
the two wonderful people I mentioned, my husband and I will find a monitor here, so this may be
presented to Hope House sooner. I will take photos of the boys and their mentor when it is given
to them. They know Jim w (who can forget him) my only regret is that I did not bring a camera
yesterday to take your photo, JayBear.Once again , thank you from the bottom of my heart for
your kindness.

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down