INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Types of chorizo

+6
martygraw
Zedinmexico
viajero
CanuckBob
hockables
ComputerGuy
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Types of chorizo - Page 2 Empty Re: Types of chorizo

Post by conbtrarian Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks for the tip regarding Spanish chorizo at Walmart.

conbtrarian

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:13 am

Pedro wrote:right on! especially the dry which is very similar to hungarian that i used to have brought down from my fave smoke house in edmonton. no need now,as wally world right here carries 2 brands from spain. one drier than the other. no need to go to costco either. once in a while soriana will have one as well.
In the deli section where the ladies work? How would I recognize the brands... they say "from Spain" perhaps?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conbtrarian Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:26 am

The key word to look for on the packaging is Espana with a squiggly line over the "n," transforming it into the Spanish letter pronounced "enyeh." As in: Es-pan-yah.

conbtrarian

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:38 am

I dig the enyay; just never noticed the brands. I've seen "tipo do espana", but if mftd in Mexico, I've skipped those, because I didn't want Spanish style.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:45 am

it's above the johnsonville and like a proper smoked sausage link, it is folded and has the string and metal clip on each end. i really like the dry just fer snacking at lunch. chomp chomp.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conbtrarian Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:53 am

My wife says she has seen the dry sliced chorizo at Walmart in the deli section, alongside the sliced salami, etc.. But says, like most items, it is more expensive at Walmart than at Costco.

conbtrarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:20 pm

conbtrarian wrote:My wife says she has seen the dry sliced chorizo at Walmart in the deli section, alongside the sliced salami, etc.. But says, like most items, it is more expensive at Walmart than at Costco.
the ones i speak of are whole and to the right of the bakery. the sliced stough is to the left of the bakery. it is 5 minutes from my house which is about 2 drops of gasoline and no hassle. therefore less expensive.
my wife goes to costco about every 2-3 months with a friend and that's whole day affair.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:25 pm

Actually,Mexican chorizo is always dreadful. The only good chorizo sausage is dry cured similar to great French saucison and comes from Spain. Types of chorizo sausage vary in Spain from region to region but there is no decent chorizo made in Mexico. The only way to enjoy Spanish chorizo is on a baguette with a glass of red wine. Mexican chorizo is for rednecks from the frozen tundra who were raised on Poutine like that used furniture polisher who is scared to drive to Guadalajara or even to Ixtlahuacan. The reason that that Beezer gets 500 miles to the gallon is it that has not been driven within two blocks of the Blue Fortress in five years except the time Peter drove it to Ajijic to try to sell me a five year subscription to LOOK Magazize because nobody in Chapala could afford even six months.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by conbtrarian Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:55 pm

Chorizo comes in two forms, uncooked and cured. The Spanish use uncooked chorizo in rice dishes, since the uncooked chorizo renders its fat into the rice. Cured chorizo, the other kind, is used for bocadillos or tapas.

conbtrarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:09 pm

conbtrarian wrote:Chorizo comes in two forms, uncooked and cured. The Spanish use uncooked chorizo in rice dishes, since the uncooked chorizo renders its fat into the rice. Cured chorizo, the other kind, is used for bocadillos or tapas.
and i just chomp on it like i did with hungarian dry. ferget bubba,he knows diddly about sausage other than what he googles. i mean, the guy thinks that an oxxo hot dog is haute cusine-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conbtrarian Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Who is "bubba?"

conbtrarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:21 pm

hound dog=bubba
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conbtrarian Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:22 pm

Thanks. Bizarre.

conbtrarian

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Discussing good Spanish Chorizo vs. the Mexican alternative is like discussing fine wines from France with Carlo Rossi Jug Wines. Bringing Pedro into the mix is akin to throwing a turd into a punchbowl.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:57 pm

hound dog wrote:Discussing good Spanish Chorizo vs. the Mexican alternative is like discussing fine wines from France with Carlo Rossi Jug Wines. Bringing Pedro into the mix is akin to throwing a turd into a punchbowl.
nobody was discussing that until you with your lack of knowledge came along,
but since you mention wines from france,is it such swill that you use it in punch. since you mention this carlo rossi,i assume you partake of it . how else does one compare? give me a fine german white any time over yer francaise rot gut. i suspect you secretly swill wine from a box when ya eat one of yer crappy hot dogs.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2