INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restaurants closing

+13
slainte39
Texmexco
Pedro
coffeeguy
twelveoaks
K2tog
ComputerGuy
ferret
E-raq
CanuckBob
joec
gringal
artsnob
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Restaurants closing - Page 3 Empty Re: Restaurants closing

Post by slainte39 Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:30 pm

gringal wrote:OMG. Quaker Oats? The kind they tell you to eat for health
?
Is it in both the Old Fashioned kind as well as in the Instant?

And to think I've been feeling guilty about preferring a home made crumpet from the farmers market, with marmelada......to oatmeal. Hmmmm

Is there no hope?

Talk about straying far afield....well, any restaurant serving quaker oats should close...now we're back on topic.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:50 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
melwhitlock wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
HelperGuy wrote:I have to draw the line between healthy in body and healthy in the pocketbook. A mix of canola and sunflower oil is my preferred use.

Just be aware SOME people are looking at Canola oil as not so good.
I would do some reading about Canola. Beware many bad pro Canola studies I wouldn't trust. It is cheap.

One quote from anti Canola Website

Canola oil, on the other hand, is typically extracted and refined using high heat, pressure, and petroleum solvents such as hexane. Most canola oil undergoes a process of caustic refining, degumming, bleaching, and deoderization, all using high heat and questionable chemicals.

This person like Coconut oil, olive oil, and Grass fed butter for fats. Too many chemicals and solvents used in Canola processing.

Sigh Sorry about this.

Z
What you should be "sighing" about and sorry for, is the stupidity you quoted from an admitted "anti- canola" site.
The beauty of using canola in your deep frier is, that it lasts and lasts before breaking down. The growing fields look quite nice too.

So you think it is a good idea to use Hexane to process the oil? You didn't refute anything they said. You can do what you want obviously you like
Canola oil. I just think people should read a little before they assume it is harmless as you do. So that makes me stupid? It doesn't matter how
long the oil lasts if it is bad for you. Yes I agree the rapeseed fields in France looks nice when the yellow flowers come out. You do know much of
this originated as animal feed?

Z
Why do you insist on being this dumb Zed, at your age? My farmer friends in Canada have those beautiful fields and that is what is sold in NAFTA,no need for the French stuff. I have been using the oil in my fryer since I stopped using animal fat,even when it was still called "rape seed oil". I have no cancer and could care less about your googling nonsense-pfffft! Do you have any actual experience in anything that you post?Now I will have some more fries in my 30 year old filthy fryer filled with canola oil and live to see another day.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:54 pm

Interestingly enough, you may indeed live to a ripe old age...just like Brits used to and they cooked everything in lard... Surte Go figure.
Hope you've changed the canola oil at least once in those thirty years ;)
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:52 am

melwhitlock wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
melwhitlock wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
HelperGuy wrote:I have to draw the line between healthy in body and healthy in the pocketbook. A mix of canola and sunflower oil is my preferred use.

Just be aware SOME people are looking at Canola oil as not so good.
I would do some reading about Canola. Beware many bad pro Canola studies I wouldn't trust. It is cheap.

One quote from anti Canola Website

Canola oil, on the other hand, is typically extracted and refined using high heat, pressure, and petroleum solvents such as hexane. Most canola oil undergoes a process of caustic refining, degumming, bleaching, and deoderization, all using high heat and questionable chemicals.

This person like Coconut oil, olive oil, and Grass fed butter for fats. Too many chemicals and solvents used in Canola processing.

Sigh Sorry about this.

Z
What you should be "sighing" about and sorry for, is the stupidity you quoted from an admitted "anti- canola" site.
The beauty of using canola in your deep frier is, that it lasts and lasts before breaking down. The growing fields look quite nice too.

So you think it is a good idea to use Hexane to process the oil? You didn't refute anything they said. You can do what you want obviously you like
Canola oil. I just think people should read a little before they assume it is harmless as you do. So that makes me stupid? It doesn't matter how
long the oil lasts if it is bad for you. Yes I agree the rapeseed fields in France looks nice when the yellow flowers come out. You do know much of
this originated as animal feed?

Z
Why do you insist on being this dumb Zed, at your age? My farmer friends in Canada have those beautiful fields and that is what is sold in NAFTA,no need for the French stuff. I have been using the oil in my fryer since I stopped using animal fat,even when it was still called "rape seed oil". I have no cancer and could care less about your googling nonsense-pfffft! Do you have any actual experience in anything that you post?Now I will have some more fries in my 30 year old filthy fryer filled with canola oil and live to see another day.

You have not said anything here. Absolutely nothing. I point out that Canola oil is a very highly processed oil made with solvents. If you want to
eat it fine but others may want to know something about what they eat. I never said that anyone should stop eating canola oil but don't you think
folks should study it and see if better oils are available? You not getting cancer is meaningless. Many people smoke and don't get cancer. Please
drop the dumb it actually makes you look stupid to folks who have some science. Oh yea I know people who eat animal fat each day and live to
90 so animal fat must be ok right using your argument?

Goodbye
Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:44 am

Z, use the "Foe" button. It's makes reading this forum much more pleasant. I'm up to 2 now on my foe list.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3