INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Trivia. How long have you lived here?

+8
Tony_In_Mexico
CanuckBob
ferret
hkrause
CheenaGringo
Chapalagringa
hockables
joec
12 posters

Go down

A Little Trivia. How long have you lived here? Empty A Little Trivia. How long have you lived here?

Post by joec Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:31 pm

How long have you lived here permanently?

How long have you been coming here either as a snowbird or vacationing here?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

A Little Trivia. How long have you lived here? Empty Re: A Little Trivia. How long have you lived here?

Post by hockables Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:05 pm

joec wrote:How long have you lived here permanently?

Beer a couple o days...

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

A Little Trivia. How long have you lived here? Empty Re: A Little Trivia. How long have you lived here?

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Do I live here?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:18 pm

Hey, I live here!!!! and love it! Moved to Mexico almost 9 years ago, didn't intend to come as a snowbird but did move to Guadalajara in the winter; wasn't for vacation either. Didn't even know here was here until we moved to Guadalajara and didn't come and visit until 2 years later. Still aren't snowbirds & not on vacation either, darn it!

How about you joec?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:

Hey, I live here!!!! and love it! Moved to Mexico almost 9 years ago, didn't intend to come as a snowbird but did move to Guadalajara in the winter; wasn't for vacation either. Didn't even know here was here until we moved to Guadalajara and didn't come and visit until 2 years later. Still aren't snowbirds & not on vacation either, darn it!

How about you joec?

You know me, but not by my new name? You have been to my house and I took you to Los Sabinos before you were going to build in Riberas and then built in CH. I remember you lived in GDL. We've been here 11 years. Now you know me!!!

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:35 pm

Wrote up a contract to have a home built in 1997 and house completed in 1998. House used strictly as a vacation home until it's sale in 2006. Never lived in Mexico for any extended periods but have made between one and three trips each year except two (2007 & 2010).

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:03 pm

Just moved here 3 months ago. Had our house finished in December 2010 and rented it out until we could retire and move down. Happy to be here!
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:23 pm

We arrived in Mexico to live full time May 1st of 1996. Nine years in San Miguel de Allende, six years in San Pancho, Nayarit and been here in Ajijic since April 19th of 2011.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:30 pm

Where do you like it best Ferret?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:46 pm

Best is where you happen to be at the time with the one you love.

Didn't like San Miguel in the winter...didn't like San Pancho in the summer. Ajijic is just about as close to perfect weather as it gets...but, if I could drag San Miguel down to this altitude, I would.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:48 pm

San Miguel is a little more charming and sophisticated? I've only seen pictures.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:59 pm

I love the historical charm of San Miguel and I love that those historical buildings are being preserved for generations to come (hopefully). Loved the Angela Peralta Theatre and doing yoga in the Bellas Artes. To me, it simply always felt magical and I loved living there.
There was a lot to do or a little to do...always choices.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:36 am

We had vacationed here for 6 years and now live here FT since March. We have done quite a bit of exploring and really like San Miguel and Guanajuato too.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:53 am

CanuckBob wrote:We had vacationed here for 6 years and now live here FT since March. We have done quite a bit of exploring and really like San Miguel and Guanajuato too.

Would you really consider moving to either one of those with their disadvantages? I think if you did a Pro and Con list, you'd have many more Cons. I know that I would not live in either place. I couldn't navigate Guanajuato with steep hills and SM is a city with waaaay too much traffic. I much prefer small towns.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:11 am

Yes, I would consider living in either place. A bit "chilly" in the winter is not a concern as long as the sun is shining. I just don't like constant overcast and rain such as Vancouver was for 8 - 9 months of the year.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:16 am

Been here 6 months. Was only in Mexico once before when I was about 8, way back in the 70s. Loving it, btw.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:08 am

I've been here 14 years. Visited a lot before I decided to move here and my first home was in Guadalajara. Didn't like the pollution and traffic so I moved lake side and love the weather.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

First visit November 2003
Second visit 6 weeks spring 2004
Third visit 4 months summer 2004

Rented first house December 2004
Permanently arrive 6:30pm December 31, 2005

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:31 am

Been visiting this area of Mexico for 3-1/2 years.
Lived here permanently for just over 2 years.

Love it, will never move back NOB.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:02 pm

I lived in Ajijic from 1960 to 1976...I go back twice a year........summer and christmas.....
if you ever want to know about the GOOD OLD OLD days and how we got thru it just let me know......
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down