INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fireplace Log Set

+9
CanuckBob
ferret
Carry Bean
Jim W
David
CheenaGringo
gringal
johninajijic
SunFan
13 posters

Go down

Fireplace Log Set Empty Fireplace Log Set

Post by SunFan Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:50 am

I'm looking for a propane log set for a fireplace.

Can anyone suggest a source?

Thanks

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Fireplace Log Set Empty Re: Fireplace Log Set

Post by johninajijic Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:20 pm

SunFan wrote:I'm looking for a propane log set for a fireplace.

Can anyone suggest a source?

Thanks

SunFan

Techno Aqua but they're waaaaay too expensive. They carry RealFryre gas logs which are of excellent quality. I bought a set in the US for $ 489. Techno Aqua wanted $ 750. for same set.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:39 pm

They used to sell them seasonally at Home Depot. Later in the year.
It might be worth checking out E-Bay on this one.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:46 pm

Since glass(crushed, rounds, cubes, drops, etc) is so easy to come by(especially in Tonala), you might wish to consider:

[img]Fireplace Log Set Mix10[/img]

I have seen some beautiful fireplaces done in this manner and the glass does throw a bunch of heat. For a more complete set of info and a source of ideas, you might go to the following Google search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=fireplace+glass&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

[img]Fireplace Log Set Contac10[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:42 pm

The Bar B Q store between Strom-White and The Score, across the street from Roberto's has a good selection. They're expensive here because they're made in China. Mexico levies high duties on Chinese made stuff. I expect the prices are better in the summer than they will be when it gets cool.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:03 pm

David wrote:The Bar B Q store between Strom-White and The Score, across the street from Roberto's has a good selection. They're expensive here because they're made in China. Mexico levies high duties on Chinese made stuff. I expect the prices are better in the summer than they will be when it gets cool.

Gotta wonder about the quality. Made in China crap. No thanks. Stick to American.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:09 pm

Good chance the box they came in was Made in America......LMAO
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:38 pm

johninajijic wrote:
David wrote:The Bar B Q store between Strom-White and The Score, across the street from Roberto's has a good selection. They're expensive here because they're made in China. Mexico levies high duties on Chinese made stuff. I expect the prices are better in the summer than they will be when it gets cool.

Gotta wonder about the quality. Made in China crap. No thanks. Stick to American.

Apparently YOU don't wonder at all. Your mind is like a steel trap: rusted shut. Pls provide us all a service and list the American manufacturers of fire place log sets, and gas grills to while you're at it.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:44 pm

I got mine at the place David mentioned. I don't remember what I paid but they definitely aren't crap. They weren't cheap either but I think I got a better price since it WAS summer when I bought them.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:12 pm

David wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

Apparently YOU don't wonder at all. Your mind is like a steel trap: rusted shut. Pls provide us all a service and list the American manufacturers of fire place log sets, and gas grills to while you're at it.

Great idea! A good project for you who does nothing and contributes nothing to this forum except unwanted sarcasm. HA! Waiting for you lists.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:35 pm

The only other place that I know of that sells logs sets THAT ARE MADE IN THE U.S.A is in San Miguel de Allende.
Roberto's Casa is well run and can answer any questions you have...they may even be able to direct you to a closer source because/and they ship all over Mexico.
At the present time, their web site is only showing Empire logsets but they also stock Peterson "Real Fyre"...both made in the U.S.
http://www.casa-roberto.com/index.php?lengua=eng&pagina=main&subseccion=1331234047

When we wanted a log set in 1997, they didn't sell them in Mexico. So I ordered one from the U.S. from a store in Texas that was close to the border. Well, to make a long story short, that logset went from Texas to Atlanta to Guadalajara to Mexico City to San Luis Potosi and, finally, to San Miguel de Allende. We poured over the instructions in English to be able to explain to the gas installer in Spanish the "how to". He took one look at it and had it installed in fifteen minutes. Genius. Don't sweat the small stuff.
If nothing else, Roberto's Casa will give you an idea if, Lakeside, the logsets are too expensive...I suspect they are.
Edited to add: The ones sold Lakeside are made in either the U.S. or Canada...
http://ajijicbbqandfireplace.com/wp/fireplaces/vent-free-log-sets

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:39 am

We bought a logset while living in San Miguel from the store Ferret mentioned.
It was medium sized and had the safety shutoff feature for when oxygen supply in the room reached the unsafe level. I recall it cost over $500 US. A few sets were less, but since there was no chimney on our "fireplace"......we went for safety. Also, the weather there gets much colder, so this was for more than decoration......it put out quite a bit of heat.
If they have a website, maybe you could get one shipped. ...Or have a road trip!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:23 am

I thought burning propane indoors without an exhaust was a big no-no! Haven't people died from heating their homes with propane BBQs when the power has been out NOB?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:07 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I thought burning propane indoors without an exhaust was a big no-no! Haven't people died from heating their homes with propane BBQs when the power has been out NOB?

That's why they sell the safety shut off models. Sensible people leave a window cracked.
Yes, people do die from unsafe heater use, everywhere.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Remember, there are logsets that require venting and those that are vent-free.
Vent free + the safety shut off + common sense = safe
You wouldn't sit in your car in the garage for an extended period of time either. But they still sell cars.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:41 pm

Just bought a set from Napoleon, next to Strom White, ventless, cost about 1200 U.S. has a safety sensor and produces no fumes or soot. We have researched these and they seem to be a good deal since they provide low cost heating as well. Last year they were about 2,000 U.S. Glad we waited.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:26 pm

Oooop's, was visiting friends today that can sell us the same set for $800. Might have to build a new fireplace in the casita, meanwhile I'm a tad ticked. The $1200
version is being installed tomorrow!!!
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Viajero-Tiempo Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:10 pm

well who sells them for 800?

Viajero-Tiempo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:51 pm

there is a place in Guadalajara (Providencia) where you can buy gas logs unfortunately I do not have the factura anymore so I cannot tell you where exactly.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:51 pm

E-raq wrote:Oooop's, was visiting friends today that can sell us the same set for $800. Might have to build a new fireplace in the casita, meanwhile I'm a tad ticked. The $1200
version is being installed tomorrow!!!

Well, someone else spoke before me because I didn't want to say that you paid too much. And I thought Techno Aqua charging 750 for Peterson RealFyre was too much. I paid 489 for my Peterson RealFyre in the US. And they're supposed to be the best. Sorry you got stuck.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LMarkoya Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:21 am

johninajijic wrote:

99.99% chance those Nike Airs you like so much are made in China John.....its not as black and white as you try to make it
LMarkoya
LMarkoya
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down