INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a handicapped placard for an elderly friend

+2
johninajijic
Chico
6 posters

Go down

Need a handicapped placard for an elderly friend Empty Need a handicapped placard for an elderly friend

Post by Chico Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:32 pm

Anybody know where I can pick one up down here? No guesses, please. Thanks, chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Need a handicapped placard for an elderly friend Empty Re: Need a handicapped placard for an elderly friend

Post by johninajijic Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:36 pm

Chico wrote:Anybody know where I can pick one up down here? No guesses, please. Thanks, chico

LCS
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Need a handicapped placard for an elderly friend Empty Re: Need a handicapped placard for an elderly friend

Post by Chico Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:43 pm

John, are you serious? Just go into the office and ask for one? I can do it tomorrow, as my friend is being harrassed by a neighbor for changing his parking spot. They even called the police to have him move his vechicle. After listening to what had happened to him and realizing that he is 82 and uses a walker to get around, they told him to continue using his new spot. Of course, he got nothing in writing from them. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:48 pm

Picked mine up at LCS (Lake Chapala Society) however it took a little while to find them because they hadn’t sold many recently. Around 50 pesos, at the front desk.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Chico wrote:John, are you serious? Just go into the office and ask for one? I can do it tomorrow, as my friend is being harrassed by a neighbor for changing his parking spot. They even called the police to have him move his vechicle. After listening to what had happened to him and realizing that he is 82 and uses a walker to get around, they told him to continue using his new spot. Of course, he got nothing in writing from them. chico

I don't think you can get it for him, but if he goes in on his walker, they should give him one. I have one. It's just a 3 x 3 plastic card with a Handicapped emblem on it.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:54 pm

A friend picked up mine but he worked there and they all knew about my condition. Who knows what will happen.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:05 pm

I love confirmation from more than one person. Thanks to you both. I will call before I go, as not sure what days they are open with the holidays this week. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:39 pm

I have seen handicap placards at Jara, the hardware store in Ajijic that's above the carretara, close to the Pemex.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:27 pm

Luisa wrote:I have seen handicap placards at Jara, the hardware store in Ajijic that's above the carretara, close to the Pemex.

Second choice Jara. thanks, Luisa. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:23 am

Costco has them at customer service desk for free.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:44 am

Most papelerias carry them, too.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:11 pm

OK, got one at Jara today for 25 pesos. It looks weird, though. I have no idea what they are supposed to look like in Mexico and the last thing I want to do is give it to my handicapped friend and for him to get a ticket.

This is what it looks like about 8.5 x 11 on plastic, blue over white and simply a picture of the commonly used handicapped symbol, a person in a wheelchair with a circle around it.

For anyone who knows what a handicap placard looks like here, does this fit the bill? Thanks, chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:00 pm

Different size, but sounds right. The couple I have are about 5" square. There is no "standard" here that I know of; for example, back home, your license plates must also bear the symbol.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Thanks, helper guy. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:18 am

Ours is about 5X5, plastic placard, which we have used here and USA with no problems, but we also have South Dakota plates which may confuse the issue.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:33 pm

Got a second one at LCS this morning, no questions asked and did not even have to show my membership card. It is 3 x3 inches with a hole at the top for putting a string through to hang from your rear view mirror and easy to toss in the glove compartment when you do not need it Cost 35 pesos, and identical to the one I questioned yesterday, just a lot smaller and much more convenient. The volunteer that sold it to me said that she had to use one for several months and encountered zero problems using it. They had several left, if anyone needs one. Thanks, everyone for your great help. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down