INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can someone make an electronic garage opener work again?

+3
ferret
hockables
SusieSunshine
7 posters

Go down

Can someone make an electronic garage opener work again? Empty Can someone make an electronic garage opener work again?

Post by SusieSunshine Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Does that make sense? :)

As some of you know, I live in hell...haha. I have a new place but the people here say I can't move. I borrowed a neighbor's control for the gate and they disabled it, too. So, in the morning, I have to not only figure out a way to get stuff in my van, but apologize to my neighbor, as well.

Is there someone in town that can make the control work again? Reprogramming or something?

I tried moving once before and this happened. I don't understand why they want me to stay? I am NOT paying them one more dime of rent. I got one load out today, but I have some mobility issues and can't haul all of my belongings a block down the street to get it out of the gate. These people are crazy! OK...fell into ranting, but I am extremely frustrated...sorry.

Any other ideas would be appreciated as well.

SusieSunshine
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Can someone make an electronic garage opener work again? Empty Re: Can someone make an electronic garage opener work again?

Post by hockables Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:38 pm

unless a person had posession of remote control it is unlikely they have changed it in anyway... your neighbor shouldn't be out anything... the reprogramming would more likely have been done to the actual opener... there are different kinds of openers that reprogram in different ways.... i'm sure the system can be reset

how is it you could be held captive in your little neck of the woods?
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Can someone make an electronic garage opener work again? Empty Re: Can someone make an electronic garage opener work again?

Post by ferret Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:59 pm

@Hockables...this is the link to SusieSunshine's problems https://lakechapalainfo.forumotion.net/t2500-can-i-just-rant-here-you-don-t-have-to-read-it

@Susie, did you check if they removed the battery? If it's the same as our gate opener, then take it into Walmart and they will open it and put a new one in for you...they're not a normal battery.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:06 am

ooops... i thought u wuz bs'n ...

like a gay realtor in sheeps clothing lurk'n in the bushes...
sometimes its hard ta tell...

in your travels as a physco therapist you might already know him...

my bad

honestly... i wish i wuz lakeside... i'd stop by and set it up for u...
actually heard several smaller problems mentioned on this board that are easy fixes... i'm surprised nobody is offering assistance
personally... i work for beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:48 am

Antonio Leal "Puertas Automaticas" in Ajijic can fix it for you.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:25 pm

David wrote:Antonio Leal "Puertas Automaticas" in Ajijic can fix it for you.

His phone numbers: Cell ph: 045 333 157 6536 or 045 331 496 2535
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieSunshine Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:42 pm

Thanks! I will call him...NOW! :)

They did not get the opener. The gardener went out and somehow made it to where it no longer opens the gate. It makes a loud beeping noise instead of opening. Then I got my neighbor's because he said it was crazy and when they saw me come in with it, they did the same thing to his.

They said I am not permitted to leave??? They (La Floresta Villas president and staff) are not the owners, but claim that the owners told them to do all of this.

Maybe I just need a good hitman...just kidding...sort of. Twisted Evil

SusieSunshine
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:07 pm

What you need is a good lawyer! What's happening to you is bizarre. Good luck on escaping their clutches.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Twilight zone..........
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by papirex Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:17 pm

SusieSunshine wrote:Does that make sense? :)

As some of you know, I live in hell...haha. I have a new place but the people here say I can't move. I borrowed a neighbor's control for the gate and they disabled it, too. So, in the morning, I have to not only figure out a way to get stuff in my van, but apologize to my neighbor, as well.

Is there someone in town that can make the control work again? Reprogramming or something?

I tried moving once before and this happened. I don't understand why they want me to stay? I am NOT paying them one more dime of rent. I got one load out today, but I have some mobility issues and can't haul all of my belongings a block down the street to get it out of the gate. These people are crazy! OK...fell into ranting, but I am extremely frustrated...sorry.

Any other ideas would be appreciated as well.

Almost all gate operating remote controls have a different code programmed into them, that is so when you open your gate, it will not open any of your neighbors gates. Reprogramming them is usually very simple. I own two gate remotes, plus I have one that belongs to the house I am leasing now. I have reprogrammed my own remotes for three different houses in recent years.

Generally speaking, to reprogram them, You must have a stepladder, or a high step stool. On the back of the motor housing for the gate opener, there is usually a button to manually control opening the gate electrically.

After climbing the ladder to be close to the motor, you point the remote controller at the back of the motor housing, and simultaneously press the buttons on the remote and the motor. The gate will open as the remote is being reprogrammed. Simple-Done!

Sometimes the people that install electric gate openers will remove the manual operating button from the back of the housing, To force a homeowner to call them if a remote needs to be reprogrammed again.

Another option to manually open the gate in case of power outages is that there is usually a short rope with a plastic handle hanging down from the main rail. Pull that rope down, that unlocks the chain from the motor, walk towards the gate, pulling the rope. That will open the gate manually. Do the opposite to close the gate. We had to open our gate that way about a month ago when we came home during a power outage here in Cuernavaca.

I am a retired instrument technician, if it can be repaired, I can do it.

Rex

papirex
papirex

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieSunshine Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:56 am

The lawyer thing is not working. The best thing so far has been calling the police and when they come up the hill with the lights on, the guards open the gate for them...I did tell them what I was doing first...I'm not abusing them.

However, thanks papirex...I will be exploring tonight. So...could I wait for some one else to enter with their control and push mine at the same time and reprogram it? I am completely ignorant when it comes to these things! Could the manual button be accessed from outside? I could just push it to get out???

The other guy said he needed access to something on the building and they would not give it to him (big surprise).

SusieSunshine
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:31 pm

SusieSunshine wrote:

However, thanks papirex...I will be exploring tonight. So...could I wait for some one else to enter with their control and push mine at the same time and reprogram it?

That won't work...

The two most common types of systems... one is digital transmitter which programs as previously described... It is a combination of a reset button on the actual opener and the individual remote... the button is usually on the back by the light...

The other common one can be identified by the remote... if inside the remote control U find several 3 position switches they have to be set Identically to the opener...

I think the second is more likely as it would only take a quick easy adjustment to disable all the remotes...

*** I'm a professional landlord and do my own plumbing, heating, electrical, and most other things as well.... and I havn't blown up or burnt down anything YET!! ***
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieSunshine Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:53 pm

OK...it seemed too good to be true, but a thought none the less.

I'm going to take the remote apart and look. I think it is digital because there are 84 units and each, apparently, has a different code.

Bolt cutters...hmmm...that would give me one night and I could get it done in one night in wee hours. Wonder how much trouble I could get in? There is the emergency gate that gets opened when the electricity is off.

SusieSunshine
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieSunshine Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:07 pm

I took the remote apart and there seems to be a motherboard and three little rubber things under the three external buttons...no switches at all.

Everyone seems to be coming in from Guad now so I have to wait to go fishing around the motor. There is no light at the gate, though. If you hear of some blonde getting arrested or electrocuted...you'll know who it was. Very Happy

SusieSunshine
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieSunshine Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:49 am

No luck finding a manual button. :(

SusieSunshine
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down