INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Automatic Garage Door Openers - Alert - Lock those Garage Doors

Go down

Automatic Garage Door Openers - Alert - Lock those Garage Doors Empty Automatic Garage Door Openers - Alert - Lock those Garage Doors

Post by Lake Chapala Crime Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:55 pm

We have received some recent reports of breakins in the Ajijic and LaFloresta area where entry has been made by pushing the garage doors open. (These perps also appear to be professionals - as once they gain entry to the yard, they do find a way to enter)

So if you use a garage door opener, and leave your garage doors unlocked, be aware that bad guys have gained entry by pushing open the doors.

It is recommended that you immediately add a padlock or some other locking device so that your garage doors are always physically locked..

And - this actually happened to me. Some of these guys must really be skinny. In my case, apparently a lookout saw me coming, so they departed after they had smashed glass in the front door without gaining entry to the house. Only other damage was a bent rod on the garage door from the forced opening.

http://lakechapalacrime.com/

Lake Chapala Crime

Back to top Go down