INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will a 5G phone work locally without the 5G network being in place?

4 posters

Go down

Will a 5G phone work locally without the 5G network being in place? Empty Will a 5G phone work locally without the 5G network being in place?

Post by Bacchus Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:54 pm

Please excuse a question from a self-admitted techno Klutz . I am considering updating my cellphone and have been recommended to get a 5G capable model. As I have also been told that the 5G network is not fully in place in this area, would this purchase be a reasonable one, or would it be advisable mot to make this purchase until the network is available? Thanks for any assistance.

Bacchus

Back to top Go down

Will a 5G phone work locally without the 5G network being in place? Empty Re: Will a 5G phone work locally without the 5G network being in place?

Post by ferret Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:37 pm

Yes it will work but it's capabilities will be somewhat reduced. If you are here full time then I would wait to update until the 5G network is here as well.
https://www.airtel.in/blog/prepaid/can-i-use-4g-sim-in-my-5g-phone/#:~:text=The%20short%20and%20simple%20answer,work%20in%205G%2Dpowered%20phones.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Will a 5G phone work locally without the 5G network being in place? Empty Re: Will a 5G phone work locally without the 5G network being in place?

Post by Bacchus Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:55 pm

Thank you, that is very helpful information. Best to wait until 5G is in full operation here, and who knows when that will be. Thanks again.

Bacchus

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisCloud Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:20 pm

We don't even have very good 4G coverage here, so it may be a long wait. So certainly no reason to get a 5G phone just for that, but if you need a new phone and want a high end one it will likely have 5G capacity.

OasisCloud

RickS likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:44 pm

Ain't that the truth. I'm still chugging along with a Samsung S4 and it works fine for my needs.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:21 pm

Very soon all phones will be 5G capable.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

DaveP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down