INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

used car purchase, locally or in Guadalajara ...... inspection

3 posters

Go down

used car purchase, locally or in Guadalajara ...... inspection Empty used car purchase, locally or in Guadalajara ...... inspection

Post by Sherman Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:27 pm

I am used-car shopping for a fairly late model and found a couple on-line from individuals and one dealership. From the individuals, I've asked that the car be taken to a mechanic in Guadalajara for inspection. In both cases, the car owner lived in Guadalajara, and the shop, just off the periferico, was open M-F and Saturday. Does it 'hold' here that if someone is not willing to have the car inspected, there must be something wrong????

The mechanic tells me that he cannot check the car sufficiently if it is not put on on the rack.

Comments?

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

used car purchase, locally or in Guadalajara ...... inspection Empty Re: used car purchase, locally or in Guadalajara ...... inspection

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:29 pm

Haven't started looking yet, but I will have to eventually. I would not buy from anyone who won't let me thoroughly check it out with a mechanic of my choice. And yes, it holds here.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté likes this post

Back to top Go down

used car purchase, locally or in Guadalajara ...... inspection Empty Re: used car purchase, locally or in Guadalajara ...... inspection

Post by Sherman Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:31 pm

both were ok with me taking a mechanic to where the car is .. but they were not willing to take it to my mechanic ... even though he is located in a fairly central spot in Guad.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:41 pm

Did you go look at the cars? I wouldn't take my car to a mechanic unless the buyer gave me a deposit and paid for the inspection.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:46 pm

I am paying for the inspection, but I did not go and look at the car. I was satisfied with what I saw on-line as a start. And giving a deposit ... my experience here is that if I gave any amount of money and then decided to not take the car based on the inspection, I'd never see the money again. Any ideas in how to deal with that?

Up north, when I've bought used cars, I was able to drive the car from the dealership to my mechanic, get it checked out, and then return the car ... and make the purchase. That process is not going to work here.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:38 pm

Well, Mr. Canuk .... it did not occur to me that the seller was not willing to do the mechanical inspection because he thought he had to pay for it .... I just assumed (big mistake) he knew I would pay for it. So I sent a note saying I would pay for the inspection and set up an appointment when it was convenient. So, all set for this Saturday. And hopefully it will all workout. Glad I posted here ... I just needed a nudge.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob and Lady Otter Latté like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:39 am

You owe me a cerveza......lol. Good luck on your purchase. You should meet the seller at the inspection place to discuss and possibly negotiate any deficiencies.

Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Sherman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down