INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question

+11
Ms Mac
simpsca
bobnliz
hound dog
johninajijic
Parker
Chapalagringa
ferret
CheenaGringo
gringal
kipissippi
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Question - Page 3 Empty Re: Question

Post by Rolly Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:01 am

Yes. It's a town in New Mexico. Read about it here,

Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:02 am

Artesian hot springs... probably the only place in New Mexico with an unlimited supply of agua. right across from Elephant Butte Lake (the largest in NM). L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:14 am

Wiki is just a bit behind the times... they forgot to mention the Artesian Bath House and Trailer Court, where we stay...right across from the Paloma.
No trailer-bigots in this town. Funkeee. Love it. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Best laid plans..etc etc. I heard Hal yelling that Snowy was out. I went out but he finally had him. Then I heard him yelling bloody murder. Went down and our big Warmblood stallion Mystic River had reared up on the 6 ft panel and wedged his hoof where they come together. His back was on the ground but all of his weight was on his hoof. Hal was freaking. We finally got the panel undone so we could lower it…every time he started to struggled I was afraid he’d break his leg…evidently his bones are more flexible than you’d think. We finally got the panel laid down and his foot out…but now he had given up. Got the lunge around a back hoof to roll him over so he’d have more room to get up. His gums were white and shocky. So I hosed him…he was HOT, to try to startle him into trying to get up…he tried a couple of times then I realized that he had wallowed a trench with his back and he would have to roll uphill. So we dug out all of the stuff under him. No luck…tried cracking the whip…whacked him one with it…nothing. He had given up. So I got a halter on him to try to help him up..no good. Finally gave the halter rope to Hal and put the lunge around his neck father down. We both pulled…up he came on three legs. Hal gets excited in times like this and is yelling to call the vet!!! I need time to assess the situation. His gums were still pale but he was alert. I hosed his leg and decided there was no danger of him bleeding out. Just a little blood and a nasty looking owie. So went back up to the house… got the Bute dissolved into about half a cup of honey and put it in a big syringe. Got my lime and bandaging stuff. Got the Bute (for pain and swelling)down him then cleaned up his leg, packed it with lime and bandaged it. By then he was moving around and getting in trouble. His gums had started to color back up…I think the honey helped. Hal thought his fetlock was broken , I told him to give him a few minutes ….it HURTS now..of course it does…he’s been hanging by it! Little by little he put weight on it, when he started grabbing at the hay bales I was pretty sure the crisis was over. Today he’s a little gimpy but no lasting problems. Argh.

I was fine till I was back up at the house for awhile..then I got the shakes…just those little trembly things you get when you overexert. Well today I’ve gone backward a bit with the getting better….but just a little shaky ...the lungs are not a problem. Probably just lengthened my recovery time a bit. But…strong like bull so this too shall pass. I looked pretty funny going back up to the house...in my striped night shirt and hospital socks that had gotten wet and muddy so I had these dirty floppy extentions in front!

It's easy to tell someone to take it easy...even when they REALLY want to! But when a crisis happens..you do whatcha gotta do. By the time help could have arrived...Mystic would have broken his leg. I guess that's what adrenaline is for...to get you through bad situations. Alls well that ends well. Just hope the big boy will still be able to jump..he's amazing and often a butthead and totally loving.

Question - Page 3 Mysticsfirstjump
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:38 pm

WOW. Just what you needed.....big crisis and lots of exertion. Glad it ended all right for all of you.
I'm not going to say "take it easy" ......but do try to let your poor body get a rest.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:19 pm

I'm pretty much kicked back today...it's one of those cool overcast days..perfect for kicking back and watching a movie. The only thing I have to do is change his bandage
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:34 pm

Glad to hear you are on the mend Kip. I expect to do another "duet" of Margarita ville with you soon.......LOL

Last edited by CanuckBob on Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:41 pm

Wow, that was a close call with Mystic. I had a similar thing happen with my hunter years ago while crossing a river. He got hung up on the bank, and essentially gave up, like Mystic. Scared the living daylights out of me. He was never very happy about water jumps after that, but it was likely a combo of both of us remembering the incident.

Good Luck with your recovery, and his.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:48 pm

Thanks Raqueteer. You know how scary it is when they give up. He's a big goof and a sweetie pie. Produced incredible babies this year. He got separated from mommy the morning he was born, stumbled down hill and fell alsleep in some bushes. We thought we were looking for a dead baby when he came tottering out of the bushes. I can't believe that that "tiny" little creature that I carried up the hill and back to his mom...is now this giant 16 hand, 1400 pound love bug.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:59 pm

Love to Bobby...it's just finding the time to get away. I rescued a beautiful hound girl that someone had dumped. May they rot in hell. This is the sweetest thing I've ever met. Contacted a gal who finds homes through a rescue in the NE. No problemo...bring her in they'll spay, vaccinate and vet check her if I'll just foster her till they can take her north...GREAT! Except....she had heartworms...and they couldn't spay or take her over a state line. So my choice was to have them put her down...or agree to take care of her and give her her meds for 60 days...some choice..especially since I just lost my Cookie baby.

Sooo....no problem...she's a wonderful houseguest, funny, loving and sweet. So I'm gone for two days...come home from the hospital...Ladybelle meets me at the door...gives me the full tooth grin, then the one lip Elvis sneer...then sits down and I notice she looks like she's ingested a watermelon. Called the vet, stop the heartworm meds. Now I need to take care of her till the puppies are weaned and I've seen her through the heartworm war. It doesn't look like we'll be going anywhere anytime soon. Question - Page 3 851398 Babies should be here in the next few weeks...she's been here a month. She's just lucky I'm a huge sucker and I like babies. Very Happy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:07 pm

kipissippi wrote:Thanks Raqueteer. You know how scary it is when they give up. He's a big goof and a sweetie pie. Produced incredible babies this year. He got separated from mommy the morning he was born, stumbled down hill and fell alsleep in some bushes. We thought we were looking for a dead baby when he came tottering out of the bushes. I can't believe that that "tiny" little creature that I carried up the hill and back to his mom...is now this giant 16 hand, 1400 pound love bug.

Great story!
I got mine as a 7 year old who had been starved and abused. I had no experience, and he was determined to throw me off at any opportunity. Well, about 18 months later he was winning championships. I took him up north for the summer, he ate an entire apple orchard, learned to play just like a puppy, and returned to the city literally unrecognizable. He too was a love bug, and gave kisses on demand. From stable reject to stable darling in a little over a year. Everyone loved him.

Good luck with your baby. As for you, forget about mucking out and horking around bales of hay, straw and 50 pound feed sacks for awhile.

Cheers.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:35 pm

I think most of it has to do with having someone who cares. I think people who have stupid horses..or dogs..are people who simply don't give a damn and don't take the time to find the "person" inside.

It's a wonderful feeling to take a "throw away" and turn him into a champion and a friend. Good on ya!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Well, wouldn't you know... when one is finally free to flop... the fates will not fail to fall into a full fledged freak fest.
Hopefully this will be the last of those for a while... You Go Girl! Surte Question - Page 3 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 pm

From your lips...... oh great facilitator of the "f" Very Happy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:46 pm

You are one tenacious lady Kippy! Try (just try) to fit some snoozes into your real life adventure. Boring you're not.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:13 am

It's when she's bored that we have to worry. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder