INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question

+11
Ms Mac
simpsca
bobnliz
hound dog
johninajijic
Parker
Chapalagringa
ferret
CheenaGringo
gringal
kipissippi
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Question - Page 2 Empty Re: Question

Post by ferret Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:19 pm

Thank you Ms. Mac!!!

I'm so sorry she has pneumonia but am equally relieved that it's not her heart. Hope she has a speedy and uneventful recovery.

If you get a chance to speak with her, please tell her she's not the eveready bunny anymore and can't keep going and going. Yes, things have to get done...but they don't get done at all if she's not there, do they.

ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:38 pm

Pneumonia is pretty serious, and it takes a while to recover. I hope Kippy does take the time to do so.
Ferret is right: the chores aren't as important as the person.
Get well, Kippy.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:48 pm

Get well soon Kip!!!! Take it easy!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:19 am

Hope all is well. Google "pigweed." I think it's toxic.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:50 am

I did google "pigweed"...it can be toxic to animals IF INGESTED. For humans, it seems to be one hell of an allergy trigger. There is nothing funny about allergies but this posting appealed to my sense of humour...

http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php?topic=5397.0;wap2
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:07 am

Well... I laughed until I cried.... but it didn't do much for my allergies. The little guy with the feather is still in there. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:22 am

I sympathize Lizzy. My mum used to suffer terribly from an allergy to ragweed...said the worst was the itching on the roof of her mouth, the itch in her ears and eyes and nose constantly streaming. If only I had known about the local honey trick that Gringal posted to rid oneself of local allergies.

I hope that Kippy wasn't burning that pigweed as she cut it. I remember reading once about the dangers of inhaling poison ivy if it was burning. Don't know if it would be the same effect but, if allergic to it, it might be.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:41 am

I talked to Kip. She's home and doing well. I think she plans to post later today.

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:14 pm

That's GREAT news!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:00 pm

Thanks for the concern..it's greatly appreciated. First off...I don't have ANY allergies. When I had a problem with a horrid cough a few years back they did all that testing.....of course what it turned out to be was the BP medication the doctor gave me. Grrrrr.....

I had NO indicators that it was pneumonia...wasn't sick...didn't have the flu, no sniffles, hadn't coughed that I can remember...unless something tickles me and a get coffee up my nose Very Happy No fever..I always run in the 97's, my blood pressure was low...the tip off should have been that my pulse rate wouldn't go lower than the 80's...high 60's at rest is my norm.

Here's an exerp from a post I posted on a Horse Lover's forum....they're are TONS of us with the disease (horse infatuation) I'm hoping one of those gals who do a lot of the things I do might have some in put.
[color=darkblue]
" had a little pain that ran along the bottom of my ribs..that quickly escalated to what it must feel like to have a spear run into your ribs.....and just staying there. No cold..no flue, no cough ..not even a sniffle...just PAIN. We finally went to the ER... which I avoid at all costs and after 7 hours waiting (I'd taken pain pills thank god) the Kat Scan and blood test said I have pneumonia. Flabberghasted! My lungs have always been great and at almost 64 I've NEVER had pneumonia before. I've gone back and tried to figure out what might have caused it. Thursday I deep cleaned a stallion stall... Mystic is a butt about playing in his water so it got saturated deeply and combined with urine is was a nasty heavy job. Our new pitch fork is a little wider ...so it holds a little more...that much heavier. I loaded the big two wheel cart...and dumped it...HEAVY. Loaded it a second time but ran out of oomph. I noticed a tiny little pain under the bottom of my ribs but just kind of blew it off. Who's got time for "trivialities". Came back up to the house and cooled off and rested for awhile then decided to go cut down some of that godawfull PigWeed in the pasture. I could spray it, but then I'd have 4 foot high DEAD pigweed in my pastures...I could bush hog it...but then all of the lovely lovely grass would get gone too and I'd have pigweed seed and all of those nasty thornes all over my pasture. So ...used the Ginsu knife on it. Didn't work so well this time..aside from the frigging size of the stalks at the base...sometimes close to three inches and now mature and woody. When I got too hot I called it a day. Then Sunday we went at it again with Giant loppers. These things are HUGE and heavy so I'd sit on a towel on the grass...you definitely don't want those nasty stickers envading your tender parts, and cut them flush with the ground. Takes a LOT of muscle. Right at rib chest level so when the pain started I thought maybe I'd bruised or strained something.

Since I haven't been coughing AT ALL and not been sick I was wondering if maybe digging out that heavy nasty mess might have brought me in contact with some kind of sneaky mold...or if there might be a chance of inhaling something from the pig weed that invaded my lungs. I'm not alergic to anything.

I figured if anyone would know about wierd side affects from our "fettish'..horses.. you gals might. I've been doing this stuff for 30 years and never had any problem like this before. Any ideas?

I've got orders to do NOTHING. And I'm trying. When I woke up this morning I could breath in all the way without getting stabbed in the chest ...but tired. One step in the right direction.

I hated copying my own stuff...but I'm just too damned tired to type it over again

Alive and well on a GORGEOUS Mississippi fall day...and only getting to look at it...

Kippy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:46 pm

Kip,

Glad to hear you are on the mend. I can't believe you are doing that kind of work - me same age as you. Me paying someone to clean my house. Can't imaging what you breathed in.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:47 pm

So glad to hear you're home and healing.

I'm not an expert on pneumonia, but I have been there enough to know it's a very sneaky ailment. I've had it four times, so I know the little devil when it slips in. You may never cough. Unless a hoss kicked you in the ribs or there's another real obvious reason, pay attention when you have some pain on taking a deep breath. Heads up and go check it out. Better to waste an x-ray than the alternative: that being scarring of lung tissue that slows you down on the uphill grade.

Now, be good and get all the way well, girl!
flag waver

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:02 pm

All of the work I'm doing now is mental....planning the physical stuff that needs doing after I'm back to normal. Very Happy

As far as the work I do..I never stopped doing it so it's not the challenge it would be to someone who had never done it. But there are upsides to it... people rarely guess close to my age and after cleaning a couple kazillion stalls and handling stallions on a daily basis...that flap that waves in the breeze when waving? Never got a chance to develope...so far. Now watch something happen that keeps me down for a month...and all of that muscle melts ......ARGH!!

The thing I now know to watch out for are the ordinary stress type tests. Something that stresses a bank teller....doesn't work for me. Before my double bypass I'd had ALL of the tests....they showed NOTHING! The dumbass doctor thought I just wanted attention...idiot....for Tom Sellack...Maybe... I had to demand they do an angiogram..the doctor thought it wasn't necessary. That's what showed up the two blocked arteries. I've finally found a doctor and a cardio guy who realize that "one size does not fit all".
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Any chance that the pain was pleurisy? My husband suddenly came down with a very weird pneumonia a few years back, nobody was able to explain what had caused it, anyhow he had intense pain, which turned out to be the pleurisy part of the equation.

Glad you're feeling better.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:48 pm

I don't think so...Google said that you might get pleurisy after having pneumonia. What happend to me was acute and short lived not chronic. This all went down in just a few days. The chest xray and Kat Scan found the "suspicious" area. What caused it to begin with is what I want to know. I passed on the Oxycontin this morning, took one that's not so strong. So far I have been able to take deep breaths with no pain..and it should be at the end of its usefullness, so I think I've got a good jump on recovery already. I'm actually feeling pretty good...but know that I might relaps if I rush it. So tempting to do just one "little" thing. I'm always preaching to people to take care of themselves and not go back to full speed too early. This time I'm going to practice what I preach. I don't EVER want to have that pain again. It was practically disabling.

I'd never had a flu shot or the one for pneumonia....As a general rule I just don't get sick. But when offered them at the hospital..the immediate answer was ...YES!!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:12 pm

I got the pneumonia and the flu shot last year and got pneumonia any way - in the hospital for a week. Tests showed it was atypical pneumonia - which means not the normal pneumonia bug. They did a culture of the nasty bugs in my wind pipe so they knew which antibiotic to use. Did they do a culture on you? I also suspect the concoction in your horse stall also.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:15 pm

I don't recall a culture...but then I was on some VERY good drugs for awhile! Very Happy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:21 pm

Welcome back, Kippy... ya gotta watch out for that pigweed, especially when it's accompanied by a liberal dose of testosterone-laden urine soaked bedding weighing a quarter ton or so... Shocked
Say... was that BP drug what made you cough Lisinopril, by any chance? Respiratory ailments are an unfortunate side effect.
I think you could have picked up the offending organism just about anywhere while you were working... probably had it all the time.
But, you were working very hard under extreme conditions... I would not be surprised if you had a depressed immune system from wearing yourself clean out.

Sadly, we are none of us quite as resilient as we used to be... and me, I don't like it one bit! I suspect you don't care for it much yourself, either... so, Kip... maybe it's time to acquire a little help? You know, a nice strong young person.

Anyway, you hang in there, girlfriend... take care, and please husband your resources so this won't happen again. Love ya, Rad Red. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:37 pm

I am really relieved you're on the mend Kippy. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience too. Wow! Who knew that you could have pneumonia without having any of the usual respiratory systems first. That's really a shocker.

Now you know for sure to never listen to advice from a webboard...really glad you have some good Doctors in your corral.

Take it easy please and perhaps give Lizzy's good advice some consideration.

All the best!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Nah my immune system is usually bullet proof. This was something wierd because I get overheated working just 20 minutes too long...you know when you know you should quit....but you can finish whatever if you just push it another 20 minutes? and it REALLY poops me out...but aside from this wierdness I rarely get sick...strong like bull.

Normally I can work till I'm tuckered...come back in...screw around on the computer for an hour..till I cool down..and I'm pretty much ready to go again. That's why my messages get checked a few times a day...It's my cooling down phase.

It was so wierd...they gave me some stuff to loosen all the gunk in my lungs so I can cough it up....what gunk? and what coughing? I haven't coughed unless something goes down the wrong pipe! It's been 12 hours sinse I took the lowest dose pain killer I had.... no pain when I take a deep breath still. I think I might have gotten beyond that. The only other sympton I had was an elevated pulse...and that's gradually coming down. I have great recuperative powers...probably born of neccesity lol!
I have a helper who's great ...when he show's up...haven't seen him in a couple of months. Trying to get ANYONE to work here is damned near impossible...but...I finally found a couple of gems...been practically under my nose for the past 13 years. Builders who charge what they say they're going to..work their asses off and do great work!!! They built my new barn for my horses in pasture. I can see the bright red roof from most of windows...it's sooo pretty! It's tucked up againes the trees so it doesn't impede the view. They started on my four new pergolas this morning. We have 1500 sq feet of deck that's unuseable when it gets really hot...well...NOW we'll have some shade! And if they look half as good as what I see in my mind...they'll be gorgeous.... then on to my next project...I think I'm going to be keeping these guys busy for a very long time! Very Happy

Working very very hard at doing nothing till the coast...er my lungs are given an all clear. Beer
Kippy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:31 pm

Kiddo... you are not a 50 year old kid anymore... you are a 63.5 year old kid, and that is exactly what I'm talking about.
At least listen to your bod when it starts complaining... stuff wears out... Like my surgeon said when I asked him, "why?"

"You get wrinkled on the inside too." Be a good girl now.... and remain radical! luv, Lizzy

bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:43 pm

bobnliz wrote:Kiddo... you are not a 50 year old kid anymore... you are a 63.5 year old kid, and that is exactly what I'm talking about.
At least listen to your bod when it starts complaining... stuff wears out... Like my surgeon said when I asked him, "why?"

"You get wrinkled on the inside too." Be a good girl now.... and remain radical! luv, Lizzy

Kip, if you care about living and those that care about you listen to “Lizzy”, this comes from experience.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:06 am

Yes mummy. Very Happy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:19 am

ROTFLMAO!! Shee-it! How can I come and visit you if you kick the bucket before I get there? Giggle... Lizzy

PS... You guys ever been to Truth or Consequences? L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:53 am

This morning it doesn't look like I'm going to need any pain pill! And nope...I'm not going to let it lull me into doing something stupid. I've promised myself to be a "watcher/planner " only, till I go back to the Doc's and see what he says.

Truth or Conseuences? Is that a place? Sounds like a good name for a Wedding Chapal in Vegas....you no tell the truth.... you lose half your asset!
Question - Page 2 851398
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:01 am

Yes. It's a town in New Mexico. Read about it here,
Rolly
Rolly