INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paris Terriost Attack

+24
casi nada
Traveller
Rosa Venus
manymoonsago
artesialulu
gringal
diamondtuffy
espíritu del lago
viajero
Flamingo
Smartalex
RVGRINGO
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
Clete
hockables
ltollefs
Zedinmexico
itsme
brigitte
borderreiver
toedippers
hickton
28 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Paris Terriost Attack - Page 4 Empty Re: Paris Terriost Attack

Post by ltollefs Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:07 am

Zedinmexico wrote:
diamondtuffy wrote:Nice, predictable fallback, when reality as a defense fails, Liberals always fall back on name calling and innuendo.

Brimstone tent revivals? - really? - ha. I believe my work here is finished.

Being a libertarian I find left and right fall back on name calling and innuendo.  You just agree with one side that's all so you see things differently.

Z

Zed, you best watch that high horse, the fall's a bitch.

ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:08 am

diamondtuffy wrote:Nice, predictable fallback, when reality as a defense fails, Liberals always fall back on name calling and innuendo.

Being a libertarian I find left and right fall back on name calling and innuendo. You just agree with one side that's all so you see things differently.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:13 am

ltollefs wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

Being a libertarian I find left and right fall back on name calling and innuendo.  You just agree with one side that's all so you see things differently.

Z

Zed, you best watch that high horse, the fall's a bitch.

No sorry but far left and right do practice the same name calling. No high horse to fall off. I hate equally and see no difference. Note we are talking far right and far left. I see this every day from the extremes. Folks in the center we have no party anymore. You seem a bit sensitive. Some reason why??

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:20 am

Zedinmexico wrote:  I hate equally and see no difference.
Z

Well, that's something to be proud of, I guess.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:11 am

FYI,Zed,the name calling usually happens on this forum when right wing nut jobs like tuffy and  lulu start spouting their nonsense.
I'd like to know if you can name any far left nut jobs who post on this forum.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:22 am

ltollefs wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:  I hate equally and see no difference.
Z

Well, that's something to be proud of, I guess.

Once I was a Rockefeller republican. Once I was a Clinton Democrat. Decided both suck so I became a libertarian nowadays get to vote the best of two evils. Frankly all that means is we have a guarantee of evil sad to say. I won't vote that way anymore. Being between these two sick parties gets old.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:31 am

viajero wrote:FYI,Zed,the name calling usually happens on this forum when right wing nut jobs like tuffy and  lulu start spouting their nonsense.
I'd like to know if you can name any far left nut jobs who post on this forum.

This is a very liberal board and sometimes you (the board members as a whole not you specifically) bully conservatives and they leave never to return.
Seen it over and over and they run over to the other board and you guys like to still talk about them on this board which is kinda silly in my opinion. Who cares about Mainecoon or Bennie? No you don't have a king of the left wing but the overall energy of this board is Liberal with a scattering of middle of the roaders and almost no conservatives. Other board is kinda the opposite with more censorship. I wonder why??

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:59 am

Zedinmexico wrote:
This is a very liberal board and sometimes you (the board members as a whole not you specifically) bully conservatives and they leave never to return.  

Of course they return,they just return with new handles,the two I mentioned are perfect examples of that.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:20 am

Zed, I think the free range nature of this board attracts and keeps people who are more free thinkers. People who are unable to cope without rigid boundaries are attracted to TOB. It has been said more than once that this board (especially the Octagon) is the wild, wild West.
As for bullying, have you actually read the posts from the right wing nuts? You could start with this thread as a perfect example.
As for talking about TOB and certain outstanding members, it is a hobby for some of us. If you do not enjoy the discussions about them then skip the threads devoted to them. Although, I find them to be the most hilarious ones here, they are not suited to everyone's taste.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:34 am

A word about "conservatives" "liberals" and "libertarians" along with "high horses" too.  Hardly anyone whose posts I've read on here fits tidily into any of those categories.  Why?  Because people tend to consider ISSUES, individually and wander back and forth between the camps.  As, IMO, they should... if they own their own brains.

Personally, I resent the hell out of anyone who starts ranting as though he or she "owns" morality and no one else is capable of behaving ethically and responsibly.  That's the "high horse" attitude, and I don't think it has any place here.  It you took a survey of the frequent contributors on here and asked them the (none of anyone's business) question about what their personal guidelines spring from, you'd probably hear:  Catholics, Protestants, Unitarians, Buddhists a few others and total non-believers who just want to "do the right thing" as a way of life.

I have absolutely no patience with the "my way or the highway" kind of thinking. Got nothing against thoughtful conservatives or liberals or libertarians. We all have a right to our opinions, but please, let's try backing them up with reason.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:54 am

Zedinmexico wrote:

Once I was a Rockefeller republican. Once I was a Clinton Democrat.  Decided both suck so I became a libertarian  nowadays get to vote the best of two evils.  Frankly all that means is we have a guarantee of evil sad to say. I won't vote that way anymore.  Being between these two sick parties gets old.

Z

Aren't you the guy who a few years ago stated that music on CDs is stored in analog format?

Maybe you shouldn't vote at all.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:12 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
Seen it over and over and they run over to the other board and you guys like to still talk about them on this board which is kinda silly in my opinion. Who cares about Mainecoon or Bennie?
OOOH, that reminds me! susan/bennie/bronco is on TOOB looking for a mover and has johanson (proxy) asking for help on TOB. Has Lakeside become just too damned liberal for the old scrapper? Headed north to work on the Cruz campaign? Dead Horse
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:13 pm

mattoleriver wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
Seen it over and over and they run over to the other board and you guys like to still talk about them on this board which is kinda silly in my opinion. Who cares about Mainecoon or Bennie?
OOOH, that reminds me! susan/bennie/bronco is on TOOB looking for a mover and has johanson (proxy) asking for help on TOB. Has Lakeside become just too damned liberal for the old scrapper? Headed north to work on the Cruz campaign? Dead Horse

I saw her post on Mexconnect; not on Chapala.com.......where I hope she's been put on "hold".

I can't figure why anyone here cares about what goes on on TOB since they don't seem care about this board.  Both serve their purpose, and it seems most of us read both.  How can you have much of a rivalry between a soccer team and a lawn bowling club? pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:30 pm

gringal wrote:
How can you have much of a rivalry between a soccer team and a lawn bowling club? pirat

Thumbs up
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:48 pm

casi nada wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

Once I was a Rockefeller republican. Once I was a Clinton Democrat.  Decided both suck so I became a libertarian  nowadays get to vote the best of two evils.  Frankly all that means is we have a guarantee of evil sad to say. I won't vote that way anymore.  Being between these two sick parties gets old.

Z

Aren't you the guy who a few years ago stated that music on CDs is stored in analog format?

Maybe you shouldn't vote at all.

Wow what logic. I rest my case about some of our nasty members. He thinks I shouldn't vote. Nada is right.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Zed, I think you are too sensitive for this board if you think what Casi wrote was "nasty."
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:53 pm

diamondtuffy......whew!!!

Do you think anybody agrees with your convoluted, idiotic philosophy, ideas, moral sputterings, or anything else you say. (notice, I am not calling you any name, just totally disagreeing with what you say).  I don't think there is anything anyone can say to get you back on track, so we will just let you rant with your words and consider the source.
Fortunately there are very few people in your camp with your type of thinking. I can't think of anything, including drugs, propaganda, increasing my intelligence, or money that could bring me around to your way of thinking.

The fact that your "work" here is finished, is a blessing.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:24 am

mattoleriver wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

Pete and bennie are friends......now that's the odd couple.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by diamondtuffy Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:39 am

Sliante 39: Well, now that's what I was waiting for, I had thought something miraculous had changed in Ajijic and the off-the-wall gang had actually found the truth - but I see that's not the case. Ha, back on track? - to where, mine is, and always has been, straight down the middle. I'd love to sit and chat with a mind like yours, it would assist me greatly in understanding how and where your factory wiring job apparently went wrong.

And, wow, would you be shocked to know how many people you see every day are "in my camp" - they simply don't have the patience or time to be insulted for what they believe - contrary to your assumed superior opinion.

diamondtuffy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:51 am

gringal wrote:
diamondtuffy wrote: I believe my work here is finished.
.Finished?  I hope so. Paris Terriost Attack - Page 4 677358
I guess tuffy changed his mind.
Which is okay,we were running out of piñatas..

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:24 am

And "factory wiring went wrong" isn't an insult???
The entire tone of Stevie's posts is insulting. Or, putting it another way,
unbelievably pompous.
I'm sure there are plenty of like minded folks in Texas. Except in Austin, of course. pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by diamondtuffy Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:34 am

I will split one with you, I should have said "factory wiring is so radically different" - there, better?

Does it matter who I am, or where I am - or only that "I am"?

diamondtuffy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:46 am

diamondtuffy wrote:Sliante 39: Well, now that's what I was waiting for, I had thought something miraculous had changed in Ajijic and the off-the-wall gang had actually found the truth - but I see that's not the case. Ha, back on track? - to where, mine is, and always has been, straight down the middle. I'd love to sit and chat with a mind like yours, it would assist me greatly in understanding how and where your factory wiring job apparently went wrong.

And, wow, would you be shocked to know how many people you see every day are "in my camp" - they simply don't have the patience or time to be insulted for what they believe - contrary to your assumed superior opinion.

You thought we all lived here and call it paradise because of the weather, weatherman? and probably the reason you left looking for nirvana.
Unh-uh, we just found a bastion of free thinking, uncluttered minds that makes life a better quality than living in the close minded, or "straight down the middle track", you prefer.
To each his own.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:04 pm

"the Truth" is, and always has been, elusive, with many paths attempting to find it.  Anyone who thinks they have "found it" is self-deluded.  The "truth" is that, unless you have been to the afterlife "heaven", spoken with the alleged God Hisself and returned to enlighten the ignorant, you don't know any more than the humblest beggar on the streets of Calcutta. (Whose path is very different from yours, but who believes it devoutly.)

Any other allegation is pure ignorance, mixed thoroughly with arrogance.  No matter how may sycophants agree with you........it doesn't meet the gold standard, as outlined above.  Let us know how it works out AFTER you've spoken with God.  
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:47 pm

another thread that went nowhere..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by diamondtuffy Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:02 pm

Ok, it's been a couple of days since Paris and I'm reading a lot of articles from unusual places like Mother Jones, CNN and others questioning not only the President's speech, but also vetting of incoming refugees etc. What does that do for you "open door" folks?

And here's one to chew on, President O said that "religion" as a component of immigration wasn't the "American way". Except it most specifically is, either he's completely incompetent (as a professor of Constitutional law) or flat out lying through his teeth.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/427262/refugee-religious-test-shameful-and-not-american-except-federal-law-requires-it-andrew

And, I see even Sen Schumer is considering a "pause" - so, what say you?

PS: don't imagine for a moment this doesn't apply to MX, the world has become very much smaller in our lifetimes.

diamondtuffy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next