INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water Pressure

3 posters

Go down

Water Pressure Empty Water Pressure

Post by Lobo2626 Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:36 pm

My only real Con about living here is the water pressure. I've learned to live with it, and it has its advantages, but it isn't like the US. It would be nice, if it was piped directly to the house rather than the tinaco. Gravity fed water is just not the same. On the other hand, you usually have water in your casa, even if the city water is turned off. Changes, I can understand, would cost the city a fortune and take away some of the uniqueness of living here. It isn't that big a deal and, like I said, you learn to adapt. cheers
Lobo2626
Lobo2626

Humor : Pardon me if I don't laugh at your joke. There are very few I haven't already heard and I don't laugh just to be polite.

http://www.lrafferty.net

Back to top Go down

Water Pressure Empty Re: Water Pressure

Post by Demonio Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:48 am

The house I live in has a high pressure system that kicks ass. The water pressure is almost as high as my blood pressure. It beats the hell out of the trickle I get at my home in southern California.
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo2626 Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:04 am

We rent, so we have to take what we get; for the most part. I wouldn't want a pressure system. Our electric bill is high enough now.
Lobo2626
Lobo2626

Humor : Pardon me if I don't laugh at your joke. There are very few I haven't already heard and I don't laugh just to be polite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:06 am

Is the bill really that much higher with a pressure system? With the regular system electricity runs a pump to pump the water from the aljibe to the tinaco.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo2626 Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:25 am

Our water goes from the street to the tinaco. There's a place for a aljibe pump, but our landlady doesn't want to put one in, unless we have water problems again (lack of). The outside faucets and the water to the washing machine are fed directly from the street. Actually, we have better pressure in our current house than we've seen since we've lived here (4 years). We haven't had a pump since we left Chapala Haciendas and that one was manual. We only turned it on when we needed it.
Lobo2626
Lobo2626

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:36 pm

I live in a five bedroom, five bathroom house. My last two electric bills were $92 and $200 pesos. Of course I live alone and am in the States half the time.
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo2626 Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:06 pm

5 and 5??? Geez, what do you do with all of them? $200 pesos sounds delicious. Ours is a bit higher than that.
Lobo2626
Lobo2626

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:37 pm

I rented one back to the owner to store some of his personal things, one's a fully equipped gym (exercise room), one's a guest bedroom, one's my office and then there's the master bedroom. It's a really nice property in west Ajijic/
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down