INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can NOB friend bring prescription meds to me in Mx?

5 posters

Go down

Can NOB friend bring prescription meds to me in Mx? Empty Can NOB friend bring prescription meds to me in Mx?

Post by the virginian Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:28 pm

The VA is sending a non-narcotic prescription in my name, to my stateside address. But I will already be in Mexico when they arrive. These meds would cost a small fortune were I to buy them in Mx. Can my girlfriend bring them with her when she comes?

Gracias,

Eric

the virginian

Back to top Go down

Can NOB friend bring prescription meds to me in Mx? Empty Re: Can NOB friend bring prescription meds to me in Mx?

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:21 pm

If it is just a small quantity, not a drug that is illegal in Mexico and simply packed with all her other stuff it is highly unlikely that anyone would give it a second look.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Can NOB friend bring prescription meds to me in Mx? Empty Re: Can NOB friend bring prescription meds to me in Mx?

Post by borderreiver Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:05 pm

It's amazing what a gal can stuff into her girlie cosmetic bags for a trip anywhere. This includes px meds. Get it. Not being sexist here, but I guess I am. When coming through customs line ups go for a Guy. They don't get your shit and don't want to get involved with your shit. The Customs ladies, on the other hand, are into foraging. Avoid them if you can. They come up with the food questions, always. They have mouths to feed. They will confiscate anything edible. Avoid Women customs agents worldwide. Driving north on the I5 into Canada I always scope out who's in the booths. Carry binoculars. Sorry Ladies, but it's true. Jajaja
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:31 pm

You, and she, should be aware that a person is entitled to bring in their own prescriptions sufficient for their visit to Mexico. Technically, bringing in prescriptions for another person is prohibited. They do require that the prescriptions be provided and that the names match, etc.
So.........It is up to her to decide how to handle your needs.
Although eligible, I spent 13 years without VA support in Mexico and had to buy my own medications.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:16 pm

In 15 years of going back and forth from Mx to Us no one has ever looked at my medications.

Food is a big deal but it isn't rue that anything edible is confiscated. I have brought lots of food in and the only thing that didn't pass was som canned corned beef. I was provided with a printout from SAGARPA which showed that the numbers printed on the can we're on their prohibited list. The guy explained that it was because the product was produced in Bolivia. Six cans of Salmon (product of USA) were on the allowed list and everything like home made fruit preserves, comercially packaged fruit cake, shelled pecans, stone ground corn meal, chili powder and much more were not even given a second look. Canned meat seems to be a biggie. Supposedly you can look up your items by the numbers on the can on the SAGARPA website but I found the site difficult to navigate and never figured out how to do that.
I do hope someone did get to enjoy the corned beef, because it was tossed into a bin marked with a skull and crossbones.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by the virginian Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:23 am

Thanks all. So I'm getting that while technically it's prohibited to transport someone else's meds, it's a rule generally not enforced.

the virginian

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:00 am

Not sure if they enforce it or not, it's just something I don't believe they typically look for. I carry meds in pill bottles that have other peoples names on them (recycled the bottles) and really never even considered what would happen if they looked at them. Maybe I should peel those names off. Been traveling back and forth from Canada to the US & Mexico for years and never had a problem.

Of course that being said.........and Murphy's Law........jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down