INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone flown to or from the US on Volaris Airlines?

+3
Mainecoons
CanuckBob
MyrnaMinkoff
7 posters

Go down

Has anyone flown to or from the US on Volaris Airlines? Empty Has anyone flown to or from the US on Volaris Airlines?

Post by MyrnaMinkoff Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:21 am

Hi there!

You will see my happy posting about new nonstops to Portland, Oregon from GDL in the Paws and Claws and On The Mirador forums.  Thanking all of you for your help over the past few weeks, with info about how to transport our cats for the upcoming move.

Just wondering...  has anyone taken an international flight on Volaris, to or from the US?  Just curious what you thought!

I am super happy ...   the private jet idea fizzled when several kind folks informed me it would cost around $30K!!!  
This option is quite affordable...  and how ideal to fly the cats nonstop!!

mariachi
~Mary
MyrnaMinkoff
MyrnaMinkoff

Back to top Go down

Has anyone flown to or from the US on Volaris Airlines? Empty Re: Has anyone flown to or from the US on Volaris Airlines?

Post by CanuckBob Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:59 am

Yes, I fly to Phoenix on Volaris. I have had some last minute schedule change problems but otherwise they are OK.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Has anyone flown to or from the US on Volaris Airlines? Empty Re: Has anyone flown to or from the US on Volaris Airlines?

Post by Mainecoons Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:06 am

Ditto for me. The flights were fine, last minute schedule change not so fine.

Don't assume they'll send you an email about those, check your flights in advance periodically.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:43 am

Yep, they called me at 11:00pm the night before the flight to advise of an 8 hour schedule change departing and a 24 hour schedule change returning. I couldn't believe they would call me at that hour.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Calexico Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:10 am

I just flew Volaris from Mexicali to GDL with my cat in the cabin and it was a no hassle breeze. All they wanted to see was his health certificate. The plane was about half full so they allowed me to place the pet carrier on the seat next to me until landing.
Calexico
Calexico

Humor : warped

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:18 am

Great to hear your positive story, Ken. The trick really is to bring your animal in the cabin with you. And, what good fortune to have an empty seat available for your cat.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:02 pm

I have flown often between Mexico and the US on Volaris. Very satisfied with their service.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by MyrnaMinkoff Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:36 pm

That is great news!  We flew domestic on Allegiant once in the US...  new planes...  paid for every little thing..   even water...   but it was safe and clean and got us to our destination!  And the ticket price was very reasonable. I am thinking Volaris may be similar!
Thanks for your review!
Thumbs up
~Mary
MyrnaMinkoff
MyrnaMinkoff

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:13 pm

Volaris is our choice for flights between Mexico and western US.   I had a similar experience to Calexico recently, bringing my cat in to GDL from Bay area by air -- in cabin with me and only needed to show the health certificate -- no inspection, no spraying of carrier, no removal of carrier fleece pad. (What a relief as I was loaded for bear with every conceivable piece of vet paperwork!)
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by MyrnaMinkoff Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:38 pm

Great to know!!! Thanks for sharing your experience!!!
~Mary
MyrnaMinkoff
MyrnaMinkoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down