INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheesecake Factory at Galerias Mall

+5
CanuckBob
viajero
Chapalagringa
slainte39
hockables
9 posters

Go down

Cheesecake Factory at Galerias Mall Empty Cheesecake Factory at Galerias Mall

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:05 am

Here is the first Cheesecake Factory in Mexico at Galerias (sp) Mall.  We use to enjoy this restaurant NOB and was pleased to see the same large menu with some localization for the Mexicans.  Been three times since it opened.  Not cheap but good.  Spicy chicken sandwich was very good.  Dos Equis amber on tap.
Wife loved the soup and salad.  (always good).   Always take a piece of cheesecake home also.

Now I know this food is mostly frozen but why do some chains do a much better job with frozen food than others?

Now do understand like Red Lobster down here Cheesecake Factory is expensive.  

Oh yea they don't carry the Gluten free cheesecake down here which disappointed my friends who need to be Gluten Free.

Menus have titles in English and ingredients in Spanish.   It works for me and my Spanish is brief but polite laugh out loud.

Excellent help. They were training the second time we went and one of the waiters recognized us and asked if they could practice on us in English and Spanish
on us. We said Si and had a good time teaching them some odd English words like beer on tap which they didn't know.  For you folks who are Spanish challenged I bet they have some English speaking people most of the time on duty but the menu is English enough to at least give you an idea on what you are ordering.

I now have a good excuse to go to Galerias Mall!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Cheesecake Factory at Galerias Mall Empty Re: Cheesecake Factory at Galerias Mall

Post by hockables Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:51 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Here is the first Cheesecake Factory in Mexico at Galerias (sp) Mall.  We use to enjoy this restaurant NOB and was pleased to see the same large menu with some localization for the Mexicans.  Been three times since it opened.  Not cheap but good.  Spicy chicken sandwich was very good.  Dos Equis amber on tap.
Wife loved the soup and salad.  (always good).   Always take a piece of cheesecake home also.

Now I know this food is mostly frozen but why do some chains do a much better job with frozen food than others?

Now do understand like Red Lobster down here Cheesecake Factory is expensive.  

Oh yea they don't carry the Gluten free cheesecake down here which disappointed my friends who need to be Gluten Free.

Menus have titles in English and ingredients in Spanish.   It works for me and my Spanish is brief but polite laugh out loud.

Excellent help. They were training the second time we went and one of the waiters recognized us and asked if they could practice on us in English and Spanish
on us. We said Si and had a good time teaching them some odd English words like beer on tap which they didn't know.  For you folks who are Spanish challenged I bet they have some English speaking people most of the time on duty but the menu is English enough to at least give you an idea on what you are ordering.

I now have a good excuse to go to Galerias Mall!

Z

Donde es Galerias Mall? Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Cheesecake Factory at Galerias Mall Empty Re: Cheesecake Factory at Galerias Mall

Post by slainte39 Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:11 am

On the southside of Avenida Vallarta, where the original Sam's, Walmart, and Costco in Guadalajara are located.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Walked in day 2 of the grand opening, marveled at how beautiful it looked, looked at the cheesecake display *gasped* at the prices. 900 pesos for a cheesecake I made the week before and 100 pesos for a slice. Thought out loud to mi esposo, "No wonder my family loves me." Sat down to wait our turn, looked at the menu, gave back the menu, ate pasta at Italiani's, bought a cheesecake at Costco for 180 pesos and went home. Beautiful store! Glad I like cooking at home. lol If you can afford it, go ahead and indulge, we aren't eating frozen hehe ;0)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:23 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:   Always take a piece of cheesecake home also.
At a hundred pesos a slice??
I think I'll pass on the Cheesecake Factory...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:25 pm

And the place is packed.........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:34 pm

CanuckBob wrote:And the place is packed.........

Probably because of the initial/opening low priced offerings. It will thin out a little when they implement their regular pricing.
It's a wonder that all these restaurants in Guadalajara do any business at all, when all you hear is how poorly the economy of Mexico is doing and how poor all the people are, except for the very elite, who probably wouldn't go to the Cheesecake Factory anyway.  scratch
I wonder how many people are dining out at any, one particular hour, say 3:00 pm, in Guadalajara on any workday of the week? Probably more than the population of Chapala/Ajijic.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:16 pm

Packed out the door with Mexicans! :) Isn't that refreshing.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:59 pm

slainte39 wrote:

Probably because of the initial/opening low priced offerings. It will thin out a little when they implement their regular pricing.
It's a wonder that all these restaurants in Guadalajara do any business at all, when all you hear is how poorly the economy of Mexico is doing and how poor all the people are, except for the very elite, who probably wouldn't go to the Cheesecake Factory anyway.  scratch
I wonder how many people are dining out at any, one particular hour, say 3:00 pm, in Guadalajara on any workday of the week? Probably more than the population of Chapala/Ajijic.

You need to get into Guadalajara more often. Both the Red Lobster and the Olive Garden had long waits to get into on Saturday night. The surrounding malls were also packed. Someone forgot to tell them about the bad economy I guess..........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:06 pm

U wanna great desert?... In Jocotepec, across the street from CFE... Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:53 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
slainte39 wrote:

You need to get into Guadalajara more often. Both the Red Lobster and the Olive Garden had long waits to get into on Saturday night. The surrounding malls were also packed. Someone forgot to tell them about the bad economy I guess..........

I'm there a lot...too much, as I have kids and grandkids there.
On my previous post, I had my tongue firmly planted in my cheek, but you made me bite it with your response. OUCH!!!   lol!
You have to fight for space there, where ever you go.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:32 am

Sorry for wrecking your "tongue sandwich"...........jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:08 am

viajero wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:   Always take a piece of cheesecake home also.
At a hundred pesos a slice??
I think I'll pass on the Cheesecake Factory...

You have obviously not gone to cheesecake factory before. The pieces are huge and good. I did say in my original post that this is not a bargain restaurant. Also I assure you folks are packing the place and the Mexicans and Gringoes love it! I know it is not for everyone but for a treat its great. The menu is huge! The bar is decent but expensive again.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:22 am

hockables wrote:U wanna great desert?... In Jocotepec, across the street from CFE...  Beer

Tell us more!!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:25 am

Zedinmexico wrote:
You have obviously not gone to cheesecake factory before.  
The first time I went to a Cheesecake Factory was about 30 years ago in LA where they started,I like their food,Im just not going to spend 100 pesos for a slice.
Google(Chantals New York cheesecake)for an easy and delicious recipe.You can make a whole cake for 100 pesos.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:03 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
hockables wrote:U wanna great desert?... In Jocotepec, across the street from CFE...  Beer

Tell us more!!

Z

The nieve/helado, sold by the vendor across from the southeast corner of the plaza is my favorite for the north shore area.
Which reminds me, I need to find an excuse to go to Joco.  Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:54 pm

Sounds like your "excuse" is waiting for you in Joco! mariachi
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:53 pm

slainte39 wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

Tell us more!!

Z

The nieve/helado, sold by the vendor across from the southeast corner of the plaza is my favorite for the north shore area.

A new place just opened up in Chapala at the corner of Degollado and the Main Street..soft serve, 2 cones for 10 pesos. Just like Dairy Queen. I'm sure it's crap but tastes really good.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:57 am

Ms.Thang wrote:
slainte39 wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

Tell us more!!

Z

A new place just opened up in Chapala at the corner of Degollado and the Main Street..soft serve, 2 cones for 10 pesos. Just like Dairy Queen. I'm sure it's crap but tastes really good.

Drift.

OK lady where did you meet Richard Petty? (notice the part STP sign in her Avatar and Richard standing next to her)

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:34 pm

I met him in the pit at Atlanta Motor Speedway...I think. I'm not a race fan but I have a friend who is involved in the sport and I went to three races in three different cities. Richard Petty really is such a nice man. We talked about horses.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:10 am

Lucky you...yes very nice man. I met Kyle his son once and he was very nice also.  Southern manners you know.

And now back to cheesecake factory....

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by dcampbell757 Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:26 am

They hire starving actresses as members of the service staff.

dcampbell757
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down