INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LAKESIDE EXPRESS

+16
Grizzy
CanuckBob
barbicheesecake
little italy
Guiness
hound dog
borderreiver
johninajijic
manymoonsago
ComputerGuy
Big Daddy Mexico
Chico
Flamingo
E-raq
gringal
Jim W
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

LAKESIDE EXPRESS Empty LAKESIDE EXPRESS

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Volume delivered to lakeside from Costco has grown to the point that Costco now delivers to Lakeside Express for distribution, in a refrigerated truck. Bad news for us CHEESE CAKE lovers, as they will deliver, however do not guarantee what condition it will arrive in.

They....Costco expect payment for items such as this....regardless condition received. Just a heads up.....plan on picking up cakes, pies, etc.

NO CHEESECAKE FIX FOR ME TODAY LAKESIDE EXPRESS 633732
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

LAKESIDE EXPRESS Empty Re: LAKESIDE EXPRESS

Post by gringal Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Don't blow a gasket, Jim. They've got some good cheesecakes (probably from Costco)in the freezer cases at Superlake.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:52 pm

gringal wrote:Don't blow a gasket, Jim. They've got some good cheesecakes (probably from Costco)in the freezer cases at Superlake.

Hmm, don't like to talk about those freezer cases. Real bad on Ice Cream, been frozen unfrozen and refrozen so many times it's no longer even remotely edible.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Off topic, but I've found ice cream in the best condition at the Farmacia Guadalajara across from Lloyds. You're right about Superlake's and same deal at Walmart. I'll wager they turn them off at night.

Last edited by gringal on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:58 pm

Jim dear, I would think a cheesecake would taste the same even if it were a bit mashed or flattened. Think of it this way - it is all mashed up after you chew it anyway.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Farmacia Guadalupe? I go there all the time. Where is a breathalizer when we need one? chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Chico wrote:Farmacia Guadalupe? I go there all the time. Where is a breathalizer when we need one? chico
So I had a brain fart in the spelling module. But then, you're the third grade champ, so you'd notice.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:23 pm

I will let you off this time, but please know that the third grade class spelling bee champion from Goodell School in Lincoln Park, MI circa 1952, also knows how to spell "bitch" correctly, unlike yourself in your misquotes of me on another topic. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:51 pm

My apologies for taking this thread off topic. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:30 pm

gringal wrote:Don't blow a gasket, Jim. They've got some good cheesecakes (probably from Costco)in the freezer cases at Superlake.

Gringal.....fresh cheese cake trumps frozen everytime. Thumbs up
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:59 pm

Flamingo wrote:Jim dear, I would think a cheesecake would taste the same even if it were a bit mashed or flattened. Think of it this way - it is all mashed up after you chew it anyway.

Flamingo, And just think how much they would save on packaging.....LOL.....I like curb appeal.....even for my cheese cake cheers Surte
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:11 pm

Jim W wrote:
Flamingo wrote:Jim dear, I would think a cheesecake would taste the same even if it were a bit mashed or flattened. Think of it this way - it is all mashed up after you chew it anyway.

Flamingo, And just think how much they would save on packaging.....LOL.....I like curb appeal.....even for my cheese cake cheers Surte

Jim, come to the Monday Market. There is a Lady there that makes the BEST cheese cake. She sells out everyweek. She usually makes 3 cakes and sells them by the piece or whole cake.

We have tried it many times. Beer
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:00 am

Jim W wrote:Volume delivered to lakeside from Costco has grown to the point that Costco now delivers to Lakeside Express for distribution, in a refrigerated truck. Bad news for us CHEESE CAKE lovers, as they will deliver, however do not guarantee what condition it will arrive in. They....Costco expect payment for items such as this....regardless condition received. Just a heads up.....plan on picking up cakes, pies, etc. NO CHEESECAKE FIX FOR ME TODAY LAKESIDE EXPRESS 633732
CostCo started delivering during the Games, as traffic was expected to be too difficult, and LakeSide Express said they wouldn't be in those weeks. Costco management decided they didn't want to lose that income, and offered to drive it to them. And it's stayed that way. Interestingly, Lakeside still charges the same delivery fee, even though they don't need to go into Guadalajara at all anymore. I still use them, though.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:02 pm

They don't drive to Guad, but they still drive all over to deliver. Last week they said they had over 50 deliveries. They put one of my items in the wrong truck and had to come all the way back. Gotta love those guys!
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:08 pm

For everybodies info, all of Big Daddy's products are also on Lakeside express and can be delivered directly to your home.

http://lakesideexpress.com/costco/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_75_80

Or

www.BigDaddysSausages.com
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:37 pm

Lawd ha mercy Big Daddy, I had no idea you had english bangers!!! Are they available in Tony's?
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:08 pm

E-raq wrote:Lawd ha mercy Big Daddy, I had no idea you had english bangers!!! Are they available in Tony's?

Yup
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Cheesecake is a relative breeze to make in your own kitchen -- why worry about how many times one is mashed, smashed, frozen and refrozen when you can guarantee freshness from your own oven? Same thing with all the chatter about fresh butter and buttermilk which is so simple that an 11 year old was able to produce 5 star results (on a scale of 1 to 4.)
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:00 pm

Lakeside Express is saving people the drive to GDL which can be nerve wracking for many. We still go to Costco once a month. I save $ 18 US a month on my meds alone.

They are making a good buck at 10 pesos per item. Figuring 10 items per person x 50 deliveries is 5,000 pesos a week. If there are 20 items, which is probably more realistic and 50 deliveries, that's 10,000 pesos a week or $ 770. US a week x 4.33 = $ 3,333 US a month x 12 = $ 39,996 US a year. That's a good buck. I realize that they have to pay for help, gasoline and maintenance on the truck.

Congrats to them on having a good idea.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:41 pm

That's a good buck for Mexico, John. Good for them and their service. I imagine it took a lot of sweat to get where they are today. Any guesses on how many people are being supported on that $40 grand ? I'm thinking 10 - 20. Nice post.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:52 pm

borderreiver wrote:That's a good buck for Mexico, John. Good for them and their service. I imagine it took a lot of sweat to get where they are today. Any guesses on how many people are being supported on that $40 grand ? I'm thinking 10 - 20. Nice post.

Ooooh, I got a complement, nice post. Thanks!!! From what a friend told me who knows them, I think they only have 3 or 4 employees.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:11 pm

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:For everybodies info, all of Big Daddy's products are also on Lakeside express and can be delivered directly to your home.
http://lakesideexpress.com/costco/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_75_80
Or
www.BigDaddysSausages.com

Here´s a thought, Big Daddy, from Hound Dog who is one of your true fans despite your absurd personality. Dawg is in love with Mexico but misses one thing immensely. Tasty hot dog skin-on weiners such as those sold out of Casper´s hot dog franchise outlets in Coastal Northern California with that burst in the mouth flavor that is so delicious. I haven´t found any skin-on hot dog weiners in Mexico anywhere nor any hot dog weiners, skin on or off, worth even discussing. Do you make these and, if not. please start doing so immediately. If you do make these products, let me know and I´ll pass the word.

TYPICAL CASPER´S HOT DOG
Flavorful steamed (not broiled on flame) skin-on hot dog weiner with bun
Sliced tomatoes and white or yellow onions
American-style yellow mustard
Sweet pickle relish

The secret is in the incredible weiner properly served up as, Dawg supposes, is true in many relationships.

Last edited by hound dog on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:23 pm

[quote="johninajijic"They are making a good buck at 10 pesos per item. Figuring 10 items per person x 50 deliveries is 5,000 pesos a week. If there are 20 items, which is probably more realistic and 50 deliveries, that's 10,000 pesos a week or $ 770. US a week x 4.33 = $ 3,333 US a month x 12 = $ 39,996 US a year. That's a good buck. I realize that they have to pay for help, gasoline and maintenance on the truck.Congra.[/quote]
Between my last two orders, their receipts to me showed 36 orders over the course of a week. They charge a minimum $50 pesos per order, or $12 pesos/item. I surely hope they do better than those figures would indicate, but it ain't nowhere near your suggestions.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:34 pm

HelperGuy, I agree, this is a bargain.....we order 5 - 10 items as needed, probably average 2 orders per month. You can't make the trip and cover gas for that service......cept now I gotta make trip to get ma cheesecake, cutting out one order per month.....LMAO......FYI...could care less about Lakeside Express Profit....as long as it is adequate to continue this service.

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiness Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:03 pm

We love Lakeside Express - we order from them regularly. Jim and his team do an excellent job delivering the goods in coolers - we've never had an item damaged. And yes, we have ordered the cheesecake! Lakeside Express offers an excellent service to our area and I hope everyone will consider supporting them. Jim is friendly, honest and a pleasure to deal with. He is constantly updating his website to include new items. You can use the search bar to find that special item that might now show on his menu but Costco inventories. Love it - and the cost is excellent for the service he provides!

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next