INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Gifts for boys at Hope House

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Christmas Gifts for boys at Hope House Empty Christmas Gifts for boys at Hope House

Post by 2mexicos Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:23 am

We have received a list of sizes , ages and names of the young boys/men at Hope House in Ixtlahuacan . If anyone would like to donate an article of clothing,
shoes or socks for Christmas , it would be greatly appreciated. My husband and I would gladly pick them up anytime from late November to December 15th.
Also, if anyone would like to go to Hope House with us to present these to the boys, please feel free to do so. (Jim W- the boys asked about you when we
delivered the computer setup- told them they would see you when you get back. They really feel like you are their Santa Claus-lol- albeit one with a fishing
pole in his hand.)
The following is a list of names , ages and sizes for each boy. I only asked for permission to put their first name on the list- included middle initial when two names same.
NAME AGE SHIRT SIZE PANT/BOXER SIZE SHOE/SOCK SIZE
JOSE 12 30 30/M 28/L
CARLOS Y. 11 16 16/G 27/G
ABEL 13 16 16/G 24/M
JONATHAN 13 16 16/M 25/M
RODRIGO 14 30/32 32/G 27/G
BRANDON 2 3 3/3 17/SM.
JUAN A. 7 8 8/8 19/M
LUIS F. 9 10 10/10 20/M
RICARDO 11 14 14/M 25/M
LUIS C. 13 28 28/G 26/G
MARCO 12 18 18/G 25/M
LUZ 17 34 34/G 28/G
SERGIO 14 18 18/M 25/M
JUAN C. 12 16 16/G 23/M
CARLOS U. 12 16 18/G 25/G
JONHATAN A. 16 32 32/G 27/G
CHRISTIAN 12 14 14/M 24/M

If anyone has any questions or would like to help , our email is heltonbcs@aol.com. Our names are Barry and Christine. Also, I had asked for one item to
be listed that was extraneous- just a wish list- but they did not include anything except clothes on the list. We are looking forward to working with you in
helping make this the best Christmas ever for the young men .
Thank you all in advance.

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Christmas Gifts for boys at Hope House Empty Re: Christmas Gifts for boys at Hope House

Post by 2mexicos Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:33 am

I forgot to include our phone number. 762-1628.
Thank you.

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Christmas Gifts for boys at Hope House Empty Re: Christmas Gifts for boys at Hope House

Post by JayBear Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:51 am

Maybe you could designate a day and time range for dropping off the gifts, and then those who cannot make it that day and time could make private arrangements with you. I assume we should pick a name (or more than one) and tell you who we have chosen, and we should wrap our gift and put the name on it before we drop it off. There are some very young boys on this list--I had no idea such small boys lived there--Brandon 2, Juan A. 7, Luis F. 9 --is that correct?

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:58 am

Jay Bear- that sounds like a good idea. If there is a name that is chosen , please let me know. How about a drop off time Dec..11th. If anyone needs to drop the gifts off sooner (ie going out of town or a prior engagement that day) they may drop off the gifts at anytime at Melanie's Restaraunt. The owner has
kindly agreed to do this for the boys. Just ask for Francine. I would like to mention that Melanie's also
donated a computer system, after reading this board- We will be delivering it to the boys on Dec.15th.
Have not been back after delivering the first computer setup and printer, but with all those boys another
one would always be appreciated. Thank you Melanie's.
Please let me know as soon as possible the name or names to whom a gift will be given. Our goal is
at least one for everyone.
Jay Bear- it is kind of special that you mentioned the three names you did- they are new arrivals and
are brothers.( I received permission to state that)
Anyone with questions just email or call us. Thank you so much. Barry and Christine

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:06 am

2mexicos, I have been hesitant to donate to Hope House because years ago it would not allow gays to sponsor (adopt) the boys. There are so many ways to help needy children that I chose not to help one that discriminated in that way. Can you tell me if Hope House still has that policy?

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:22 am

Good question, but maybe you could start a separate thread about adoption? This thread is just about getting Christmas presents for the boys at Hope House. Adopting them is a separate issue, as is getting apprenticeships, education and jobs for them (all worthwhile topics).

About Brandon, Juan and Luis, the little brothers. Would it be okay to include teddy bears or trucks?

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:05 am

Jay Bear - yes it would be great to include a teddy bear or truck. I asked them (when they submitted
their list to me) to include one "want or would like to have" item, as well as "essential" sizes etc. for
each boy. They did not give me that- may have thought it to be too presumptious. I do not believe they
are used to being asked something like that.
Luisa- could we start another topic on the gay adoption issue? First, I honestly do not know the anwer
to your question. I will go over there this week - we drop by all the time to see one of the boys we are
close to who will be leaving in April, after turning 18. I will only ask, if the director is there, who speaks
English. My spanish is not up to asking this in a manner that would not offend anyone or be misunderstood.
I hope you understand. Thank you.

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:40 am

Juan A, 7 years old, has a sponsor . Thank you very much.

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sambrit10 Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:15 am

I'm assuming the boys wear jeans and T-shirts for normal daily wear? Are they allowed to wear T-shirts with pictures or logos (nothing controversial, of course).

Also I'm a little unclear on how the shirt sizes would translate to small, medium, large for T-shirts. Also I noticed that the shirt and pant sizes are always identical ... is this coincidence? I'm thinking the sizing is different here than in the US and want to make sure I'll be buying things that fit.

sambrit10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:56 am

The boys love tee shirts (with logos), jeans and tennis shoes. The sizing is (as best I can determine)
numbers 12- 14 medium in boys sizes, 16- large in boys , 18 extra large in boys sizes. When the numbers
start in the thirties it is men's sizes. I hope this helps.

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Christmas Gifts for boys at Hope House Empty Hope House Xmas Gifts for the boys

Post by 2mexicos Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:12 am

An up date: Jose , age 12 has a sponsor. Thank you very much.

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Christmas Gifts for boys at Hope House Empty Hope House Xmas Gits Guad Reporter Article

Post by 2mexicos Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:46 am

I would like to thank Jay Bear and the Guadalajara Reporter for the lovely article this week on our xmas party and gift giving for
the young men at Hope House. This gesture is greatly appreciated. There was a mistake in my home phone number, however.
The number is 762-1628. All emails and other numbers are correct.
Thank you Christine

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:34 am

Just an update: The following boys have sponsors: Juan 7 years old, Jose 12 years old, Carlos 11 years old, Abel 13 years old, Jonathan 13 years old. This is wonderful! We only
have nine more to go- I know we all will be able to make this happen, Thank you.
Christine, Barry and Judy

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:07 pm

2mexicos wrote:We have received a list of sizes , ages and names of the young boys/men at Hope House in Ixtlahuacan .  If anyone would like to donate an article of clothing,
shoes or socks for Christmas , it would be greatly appreciated.  My husband and I would gladly pick them up anytime from late November to December 15th.  
Also, if anyone would like to go to Hope House with us to present these to the boys, please feel free to do so. (Jim W- the boys asked about you when we
delivered the computer setup- told them they would see you when you get back.  They really feel like you are their Santa Claus-lol- albeit one with a fishing
pole in his hand.)
The following is a list of names , ages and sizes for each boy.  I only asked for permission to put their first name on the list- included middle initial when two names same.
NAME                                           AGE                        SHIRT SIZE                  PANT/BOXER  SIZE             SHOE/SOCK SIZE
JOSE                                            12                                30                             30/M                               28/L
CARLOS Y.                                    11                                16                             16/G                               27/G
ABEL                                            13                                16                             16/G                               24/M
JONATHAN                                    13                                16                             16/M                               25/M
RODRIGO                                     14                                 30/32                        32/G                              27/G
BRANDON                                      2                                  3                               3/3                                17/SM.
JUAN A.                                         7                                  8                                8/8                                19/M
LUIS F.                                          9                                 10                              10/10                             20/M
RICARDO                                      11                                14                              14/M                              25/M
LUIS C.                                        13                                 28                              28/G                              26/G
MARCO                                        12                                 18                              18/G                              25/M
LUZ                                             17                                 34                              34/G                              28/G
SERGIO                                       14                                 18                              18/M                              25/M
JUAN C.                                       12                                 16                              16/G                              23/M
CARLOS U.                                   12                                 16                              18/G                             25/G
JONHATAN A.                               16                                 32                              32/G                              27/G
CHRISTIAN                                  12                                 14                              14/M                              24/M

If anyone has any questions or would like to help , our email is heltonbcs@aol.com.  Our names are Barry and Christine.  Also, I had asked for one item to
be listed that was extraneous- just a wish list- but they did not include anything except clothes on the list.  We are looking forward to working with you in
helping make this the best Christmas ever for the young men .
Thank you all in advance.

Thank You Christine......I wish we could be there.....I'll contact you and Barry when we return......They are truly great boys and a joy to be around.Very Happy 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:45 am

Thank you jin- we are looking forward to seeing you too! One more sponsor for Louis F.-age
9 - with toys included for Brandon- two years old. Thank you so much.
Christine

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

One more young man sponsored- Luz - age 17.
Thank you so much.

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:17 am

Brandon, the 2 year old has been sponsored-
Thank you again.

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:30 am

It has been brought to my attention that listing the boys not yet sponsored would be a
good idea. So here they are
Rodrigo age 14, Juan C age 12 Carlos U. age 12
Marco age 12 Sergio age 14 Jonathan A. age 16
Christian age 12 Ricardo age 11 Luis C. age 13
We are getting there ! Thanks to everyone who has already sponsored one of the boys/
young men. Am looking forward to meeting everyone at the party on Dec 15th . Remember we will assist with transportation , if needed, for anyone unable to drive out to Hope House, and will be happy to pick up gifts and wrap them if one is unable to make the
party. We also will be glad to pick up cash donations.On Thursday, Dec 12, we are taking
the pesos that have been so kindly donated to shop for clothes for anyone not yet sponsored. The house mother, Alegria , will be assisting us in sizes as well as input for
personality likes and dislikes.
Thank you again. Christine, Barry and Judy

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:40 am

Ricardo age 11 has a sponsor . Thank you so much.

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:13 pm

Jonathan , age 16 has a sponsor. Thank you so much.

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:40 am

Rodrigo age 14 has a sponsor. The boys that are left on the list are:
Luis C , 13 Juan C. , 12
Marco, 12 Carlos , 12
Sergio, 16 Christian, 12
We are almost there ! Thank you all so much.

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:07 am

Luis C. has a sponsor. Thank you. Remember one does not have to sponsor a specific boy-
donations of any amount would be greatly appreciated and can be picked up or one may
drop them off in Ajijic. We can combine donations to sponsor a specific boy. At this
time there are only 5 boys left without a sponsor.

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:31 am

Sergio, age 16 has a sponsor. That leaves:
Marco, age 12, Juan, age 12, Carlos U., age 12, and Christian. age 12.
Age 12 seems to be a difficult age to want to buy things for- lol- I know. That is my
grand daughter's age.
Once again, thanks to everyone for making this a sucess!

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Marco- age 12 has a sponsor. Thank you so much.

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:33 am

Carlos U. age 12 has a sponsor. That leaves just two boys. Juan C. age 12, and
Christian age 12. We are almost there!

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next