INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ink Cartridges

+6
hickton
David
CheenaGringo
brigitte
CanuckBob
SunshineyDay
10 posters

Go down

Ink Cartridges Empty Ink Cartridges

Post by SunshineyDay Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:43 pm

Where can one buy ink cartridges for an HP printer here locally

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ink Cartridges Empty Re: Ink Cartridges

Post by CanuckBob Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Wal-Mart?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:29 pm

Walmart
Sometimes they have them and sometimes they are out for several weeks.If they have them buy several as they seem to have a problem keeping them in stock.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:51 pm

With all the different cartridges required for HP printers and for that matter, all the brands - how can this question have an answer?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:00 pm

Correct but the place that has a large inventory of HP cartridges is Walmart. The only problem they have the ones you do not want and keep running out of the one you need to use in the printers they sell.
When I went there they had a large pallets of HP printer and not one cartrige the 122 color or black you need to put in these printers.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:02 pm

I get mine there.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:23 pm

walmart sell the printers but never have a stock of the cartridges, what a surprise.only refill place i know is in ocampo, any where else
??

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:59 pm

With the price of some cartridges it is probably cheaper to buy a new printer instead.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:01 pm

and dont mention razor blades, another rip off..

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:51 am

I found the best place for razors is Costco. The bulk packs work out to about 1/2 the price (per razor) that Wal-Mart sells the small packs for.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:06 am

I had cartridges refilled on Ocampo and they lasted less than a day. I also bought sealed cartridges there and in the ex place near Torito and the cartridges were empty or did not work , it is all a big rip off ...
The place by the ex post office in Ajijic can order them for you as well.

One day in July I went crazy rying to print a ticket so I could go and pay it at the bank , could not find any cartridges any place in town so I lost the reservations and I had to pay more when I rebooked...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:20 am

If you don't have to have colour (any photos I need I do at WalMart), I recommend a laser printer. Small, under a hundred bucks, 28 pages a minute, super crisp text, and carts last a couple of years (depending on your use). While new carts are expensive (850p or more), considering the length of time they last, the price is really cheap comparatively. PLUS refills run 350 pesos.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:50 am

I have a lexmark which are hard to get around here.definately gave up on refill crap locally. my puter guy, adrian, does regular trips to guadalajara and got me my new ones there. i belief he went to that multi story puter/lectronics building downtown.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:04 am

The ink cartridge issue led me to purchase a printer that has 4 individual ink tanks so I can just buy ink and refill without worrying about obtaining a specific cartridge. The one I bought is an Epson (L355 model) but I am sure there are others available as well.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:30 am

Thanks, I was going to start looking for ink cartridges that can accept individual refills because that issue is driving me up the wall....the laser is also a good option since I do not have to have color and I have a 3 printers between epson csx5600 and HP I can use for the rare time I need color, can also get the pictures printed on the outside.
Axixic , does your printer work well with cartridges that are refilled? Mine complains and does not work well with the refill...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:56 am

Brigitte:
Since I wasn't familiar with the model indicated by Axixic, I looked it up. It does not use cartridges and has tanks instead. It apparently comes with bottles of ink to fill the tanks and appears to get a high number of pages per bottle?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:13 am

Most cartridges won't take more than two, maybe three, refills, before they get too gummed up inside.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:24 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Brigitte:
Since I wasn't familiar with the model indicated by Axixic, I looked it up.  It does not use cartridges and has tanks instead.  It apparently comes with bottles of ink to fill the tanks and appears to get a high number of pages per bottle?
Epson recommends that you only use their ink bottles (of course) but I really can't imagine that good quality ink from any manufacturer wouldn't work just as well. I still have ink left from the original purchase so I haven't tried any other brand as yet.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:35 am

You can always fill your empty cartridges with water and freeze them to use in place of the ice that Costco no longer has.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:48 am

Epson L355

This is what the ink tanks look like. They are contained within a plastic holder that sits securely on the side of the printer.

Ink Cartridges Sam_0210

You lift the container off and lay it sideways and open the top to refill.

Ink Cartridges Sam_0211

An added benefit is that you don't end up throwing away cartridges because they have run out of one particular colour. As you can likely see by the levels, I use up more yellow than magenta or cyan. With this set-up I don't end up throwing out good ink.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Axixic:

Given that I have been partial to Epson printers for many years, you really peaked my interest in this model. However, at the current price point, I think one would have to give serious consideration to a mid level color laser printer? My question would be which type offers less problems for the casual user who might not print anything for a month and then have a need to crank out numerous prints?

I do understand that color laser printers typically don't print photographs with the same clarity?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:32 pm

Neil,

NOB I had an HP Colour Laserjet 2600dn that served me well for years. Colour printing on it was less vivid than on inkjet printers but was adequate to my needs and the cartridges, though expensive (around $100 for each of the four required) lasted a very long time.

The price was about the same as what I payed for the Epson I use currently. I did not bring the HP with me because it was very bulky and did not have Windows 7 drivers available.

Depending on how much one prints (I used to print much more than I do now) a colour laser can be an excellent idea. Less problems for the casual user? Maybe, but only a marginal difference - you will end up topping up ink tanks much more frequently on an inkjet than you will end up replacing cartridges on a laser but neither task is onerous. A big drawback to the laser printer is the lack of an incorporated scanner - I kept an older inkjet around and used it as a scanner but it ate up office real estate.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:39 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Most cartridges won't take more than two, maybe three, refills, before they get too gummed up inside.
HP ones have a cleaning cycle on the office units. Another reason to spend more and get cheap ink and durable print heads. You couldn't give me a free cheap printer or All in one. Office units have better software also.  I have no idea what is being sold now but I will bet you will do better cost and quality wise if you avoid the so called "Bargains".

If you are interested in the separate ink cart. the term for that is called "off axis ink" and it means the ink does not move with the printhead. All the different printer makers make a printer of this type. These printers cost more but have lower costs.  Cheap printers favor the occasional user. Expensive printers favor the high volume user. Printers are amazingly
cheap these days but value in my opinion means stay away from bottom unless you like the throwaway concept.

Z

Last edited by Zedinmexico on Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:44 pm

Ack, they are all the same these days when it comes to the under $1,000 pesos range, that's for sure. Including HPs. They used to give you a full cart when you bought; now they give you maybe 30%. The carts burn out as fast as anyone else's. (I can say this because I see printers every day... just this week I had two customers who are no longer able to even access their scanners; that's how widespread the HP problems have become.

For Axixic: I'm seeing more and less expensive lasers with scanners around these days.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:49 pm

HelperGuy wrote:For Axixic: I'm seeing more and less expensive lasers with scanners around these days.
Good to hear. I bought that HP Laser quite a long time ago and I don't think any lasers included a scanner at that time. With the limited printing I do now the "off axis ink" (Thanks, Zed) Epson I have now seems ideal for my needs.

Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down