INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on new android smart phone

4 posters

Go down

Thoughts on new android smart phone Empty Thoughts on new android smart phone

Post by Grizzy Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:46 am

I need to replace a stolen iPhone asap so can't wait until I go NOB. I had used moviestar pay as I use it but open to any provider. I do not want a contract, a monthly data and minutes plan is possible.
Where can I get a decent phone that can handle a few apps, particularly the voice translation one without paying a fortune.
Any recommendations on what is a reliable affordable model/ brand? I like the Galaxy smartphones but the price is too steep. Anything comparable and cheap?

Thanks in advance. Sorry if this is disjointed, not a great day today and my brain is kind of fried. Smokealot 
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on new android smart phone Empty Re: Thoughts on new android smart phone

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:19 am

Most of the stores around here have a selection of smart Androids. They will use any app, most of which do not need data connections. Unfortunately, a lot of the people running these stores are clueless about that kind of thing. There is a very knowledgeable girl at the phone kiosk along the inside front of Soriana (not the Soriana phone kiosk... you're lucky if you can find anyone there, and they are about as swift as a bag of hammers).
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on new android smart phone Empty Re: Thoughts on new android smart phone

Post by Grizzy Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:07 pm

Thanks HG. Maybe I should go see what she has then research them a bit online. Breaking in a new smartphone is worse than training a new puppy for me.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Solar Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:56 pm

The new almost released Google Nexus 5, rumoured to debut at $349 unlocked and no contract, or likely an amazing deal on a clearout Nexus 4?
Go Solar
Go Solar
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Punography

http://www.solartechnology.com.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:37 pm

Go Solar wrote:The new almost released Google Nexus 5, rumoured to debut at $349 unlocked and no contract, or likely an amazing deal on a clearout Nexus 4?    
Where would be a good place to find one locally?
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Solar Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:54 am

Ask at the local cell stores, or check this link to Mercado Libre (there are many others there, not cheap, you might be better to have someone bring one down for you from NOB)

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-433670393-nexus-4-16-gb-desbloqueado-importado-de-eu-_JM
Go Solar
Go Solar
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Punography

http://www.solartechnology.com.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:59 am

We get everything much later than NOB, and all more expensive. Sometimes infinitely so. Go Solar has the best rec: see if you can get one brought down. This applies to iPads and all the other gadgets, too, when they first come out. In fact, places like TelMex don't even advertise which version of iPad they are selling.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:35 am

I am looking at Lumia 620, great reviews and good price. 520 is also great at 2000 pesos at Telmex NOW, it doesn't have the flash, or as great a screen or Drive Here + (GPS free worldwide).

http://www.linio.com.mx/Nokia-Lumia-620-Telcel-Negro-117024.html

If you have any question PM me...
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down