INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Persons Take On Retirement Destinations In Mexico

4 posters

Go down

One Persons Take On Retirement Destinations In Mexico Empty One Persons Take On Retirement Destinations In Mexico

Post by hockables Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:23 am

http://www.munknee.com/the-10-best-places-to-retire-in-mexico/?fb_action_ids=10201507430101983&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210201507430101983%22%3A688962214462653%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210201507430101983%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

One Persons Take On Retirement Destinations In Mexico Empty Re: One Persons Take On Retirement Destinations In Mexico

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:03 pm

Pretty lame article! With the possible exception of San Cristobal de las Casas, the list appears to be based primarily on where the largest Gringo populations are. My personal opinion is that I probably wouldn't pick any of the 10 for retirement if we made the decision to retire to Mexico.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

One Persons Take On Retirement Destinations In Mexico Empty Re: One Persons Take On Retirement Destinations In Mexico

Post by CHILLIN Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:09 pm

I'm with Neil on this one. In Burro Hall's blog of today's date, he links a study asking Mexicans where they would most like to live, taking in a number of habitat factors that most gringos are marginally aware of. Queretaro was number one. Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan were never even mentioned. Funny enough Acapulco was, but did not score highly.

http://burrohall.blogspot.mx/
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:20 pm

I checked the link and read the article until I got to this part and fell on the floor laughing:

"Despite a rather negative media representation which focuses on drug related violence, Mexico is actually a top choice when it comes to safety. The conflicts which make the headlines are mostly limited to the U.S. border area; the majority of the country is virtually unaffected, and news of these unfortunate events is as distant to these areas as it is to the U.S., and in some cases, even more so. “In Lake Chapala violent crime is almost unheard of,” points out Shawn Gaffney. “In Lake Chapala, the citizens walk the streets at any time of day or night safely and confidently.” Statistics back this feeling of comfort; in most parts of Mexico, violent crime is significantly lower than in large U.S. cities."

Oh my. Not only is this part of the article ridiculous, it's plagiarized. It shows up way back in 2010 in an unbelievable bit of sugarcoated fluff churned out by a - you guessed it - real estate promoter named Thomas Lloyd. Only the names and locations are changed!

[i]Despite a rather negative media representation which focuses on drug related violence, Mexico is actually a top choice when it comes to safety.  The conflicts which make the headlines are mostly limited to the U.S. border area; the majority of the country is virtually unaffected, and news of these unfortunate events is as distant to these areas as it is to the U.S., and in some cases, even more so.

“In Yucatan violent crime is almost unheard of,” points out Mitch Keenan. “In Merida, the citizens walk the streets at any time of day or night safely and confidently.”

Statistics back this feeling of comfort; in most parts of Mexico, violent crime is significantly lower than in large U.S. cities.

http://www.escapefromamerica.com/2010/06/top-10-reasons-to-retire-in-mexico/

So much for the credibility of the author and his article. Hocks, Hocks, you need to turn your BS indicator up a notch! Unless of course you were just pulling our leg.....
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:45 pm

U'll never know....Beer 
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down