INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attempted crime last night

+11
Dr. Sam Thelin
CanuckBob
Irish Gal
blue mango
Smartalex
Pedro
Lady Otter Latté
MyHomeSweetHome
David
espíritu del lago
Ms.Thang
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Attempted crime last night   - Page 2 Empty Re: Attempted crime last night

Post by Ms.Thang Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:29 am

MyHomeSweetHome wrote:
Dr. Sam Thelin wrote:

As for crime, it is back in season. This was not the only case in the last two weeks.
This is the rumor zone, what else has happened in the past 2 weeks?  Are you talking about the libramiento or another area lakeside?  My question to the op, do you know what time of night it happened?  Yes, there are times when we must travel in the dark and yes we do use the libramiento.  This evening we followed a long line of cars out.  
It was shortly after 11:00 p.m....and there was no one else on that road at the time. But there are always a lot of cars on the libramiento on Sunday evenings and last night there must have been even more because of the fiestas.

That road is not safe at night, a lot of bad stuff happens on that road at night . That maneuver of abruptly stopping and blocking the road is a common move used by the bad guys . The libramiento is pitch dark at night and most of it has very little shoulder to facilitate a turn. Who uses that road at night? I have not been on that road at night in 2 years.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:45 am

If you really want to know what's happening read the newspaper and/or visit:
http://www.lakechapalacrime.com/
Don't blame Dr. Sam if you're uninformed.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:53 am

Thank you for the link, David. However, there is nothing there about the liberimento. I doubt the crimes reported there are what Dr. Thelin said were "back in season" since these crimes are never out of season. He hinted at something more ominous.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:58 am

We use the libramiento at night, at least 4 times a week and have used it for over 7 years. IF I have to drive it, I try to follow other cars so I can see the road but usually a man in the house drives me.  I'm sure we won't stop using it.  We typically aren't out at 11 p.m. or after.  I'm more concerned about animals in the road than a bad guy but I do caution my family. Plead the blood of Jesus and go girl. ;0)

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:12 am

MyHomeSweetHome wrote:We use the libramiento at night, at least 4 times a week and have used it for over 7 years.  IF I have to drive it, I try to follow other cars so I can see the road but usually a man in the house drives me.  I'm sure we won't stop using it.  We typically aren't out at 11 p.m. or after.  I'm more concerned about animals in the road than a bad guy but I do caution my family.  Plead the blood of Jesus and go girl.  ;0)
Jesus has enough trouble without having to worry about you on that road at night.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:20 am

i know a lot of guys named jesus or chuy. which one are we talking about here?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:24 am

Pedro wrote:i know a lot of guys named jesus or chuy. which one are we talking about here?
The one whose name my friend was calling that night on the libramiento....Jesus! Jesus! Oh s**t ! Jesus!

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:38 am

the last presidente here was jesus-i hope yer friend wasn't phoning him because he wouldn't have been much help.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:38 am

I also drive that road late at night or early in the morning, on a regular basis, ferrying guests back and forth to/from the airport. Other than the obvious "visual" concerns when it is pitch black and raining the most dangerous thing I have seen so far is a small landslide that came down right in front of me a few weeks back. I will be more cautious of other vehicles now but I certainly won't stop driving on it.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:47 am

Pedro wrote:the last presidente here was jesus-i hope yer friend wasn't phoning him because he wouldn't have been much help.
You got that right! Thumbs up 

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:50 pm

I have a friend that returns via the Libramiento 5 days a week, between midnite and 1AM. No problems yet, but he always has his eyes wide open for road hazards. Myself and other family members use that road a lot, as well, after dark. Car jacking would be the extreme hazard. As far as I know, the local or airport taxis have not refused Chapala pickups and deliveries at night, as I see them frequently.

I was thinking maybe there is some kind of medical ethics that would prevent Dr. Sam from identifying crime victims, exact locations, or specific details, other than generalizations, due to privacy factors.
I took it more as, "keep your guard up...be vigilant". Two crimes, be it breakins or murders, are hardly ever identical.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Instead of saying “As for crime, it is back in season. This was not the only case in the last two weeks,” Dr. Thelin could have said what crimes are “back in season,” or “this was not the only attempted car jacking (or armed robbery or whatever) in the last two weeks.” I think medical ethics should prevent him from making obscure references that create anxiety without giving a clue as to what people need to be on the alert for.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:42 pm

I have been traveling the Libramiento for 8 years now, as late as 2 AM, never seen more than a drunk driver, counting me....LOL! I will continue to be vigilante, however, call BS on the OP, or was it Dirty Harry that left his gun home? Looks like a fear monger, looking for recognition.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:48 pm

Jim W wrote:  I will continue to be vigilante
You are one vigilante, if I were a car jacker, that I would not want to encounter. LOL

....drunk or sober... LOL LOL

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:22 pm

Ya got me again Dave......TFF....make it to the next futbol game and I will buy.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:18 pm

It was reported as a possible "car jacking"

There are certain vehicles that are in great demand, in Mexico.

¿right?

arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:51 pm

And, are car jackings common Lakeside?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:16 pm

slainte39 wrote:I have a friend that returns via the Libramiento 5 days a week, between midnite and 1AM. No problems yet, but he always has his eyes wide open for road hazards. Myself and other family members use that road a lot, as well, after dark. Car jacking would be the extreme hazard. As far as I know, the local or airport taxis have not refused Chapala pickups and deliveries at night, as I see them frequently.

I was thinking maybe there is some kind of medical ethics that would prevent Dr. Sam from identifying crime victims, exact locations, or specific details, other than generalizations, due to privacy factors.
I took it more as, "keep your guard up...be vigilant". Two crimes, be it breakins or murders, are hardly ever identical.
Or maybe Dr. Thelin would prefer to not mention any crime that he is aware of and avoid giving some asshole the opportunity to call him a bullshitter and a fear monger.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:29 pm

But he did mention crime--and just enough to generate unease in some and fear in others -- without giving enough information to be helpful to anyone.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:32 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:And, are car jackings common Lakeside?
I only remember 4 that were (reported), in Ajijic and Chapala.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:34 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:But he did mention crime--and just enough to generate unease in some and fear in others -- without giving enough information to be helpful to anyone.
Really, I never gave that comment a second thought other than to know that the fall and the Xmas season are always a higher petty crime period around here. Especially when all the local fiestas start and the transients come to town.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:01 pm

We read it differently, CBob. When the chief doctor at the local medical emergency facility says, “As for crime, it is back in season. This was not the only case in the last two weeks,” he leaves it open to interpretation. If his screen name was Joe Average Citizen instead of Dr. Sam Thelin, I would read much less into what he posts.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:46 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:If there is a new spate of crime, why would the head doctor of Cruz Roja drop a teasing hint on a web board and leave it at that? As MHSH rightly wonders: what has happened in the last two weeks? Where has it happened? What precautions should we be taking?
People in respected positions of authority who have access to information we do not should be providing answers to the community they serve. Instead, Dr. Sam Thelin drops teasing hints generating uneasiness and generalized fear among the susceptible. Way to go, Dr. Thelin.
You are one of those that likes the dirty details. You are annoyed because Mexico does not sell tabloids in English...

Poor, uneducated, low-class people like money, too. If you desired money, but not really into getting a job, or not really someone anyone would want to hire, you might steal whatever is easy to sell. That is what is happening.

Home and store thefts. Various areas (good and bad areas). Stealing anything that sells fast - 30kg propane tanks, copper wire from construction, home electronics, etc.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:40 am

Thank you, Dr. Thelin, for giving people an idea of what crimes you were talking about. Believe it or not, some of us find it helpful to know that it was not more armed men blocking the road but thefts of opportunity.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rs6000 Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:54 am

I commute daily to GDL, sometimes I return at midnight, so far, everything has been cool.

rs6000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2