INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New INTERNATIONAL soccer game Sunday: Union Ajijic versus Las Chivas de Miami

5 posters

Go down

New INTERNATIONAL soccer game Sunday: Union Ajijic versus Las Chivas de Miami Empty New INTERNATIONAL soccer game Sunday: Union Ajijic versus Las Chivas de Miami

Post by TrueBrit Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:41 pm

There will be a game on Sunday at 6pm AT THE LOWER FIELD between Union Ajijic (the originals - not the Chapala/Ajijic hybrid) and Las Chivas de Miami.  Las Chivas de Miami are in Jalisco for the tournament this week in Guadalajara and will be our guests for the game on Sunday.
The lower field is further down Revolucion (at the corner with Constitucion).  You will not be able to sell beer there, as they have a bar and sell their own.

Giovanni told me this would be his last day of coaching.  I am not sure if this is just a reaction to the disappointing results in the tournament, or if he has had enough.  We will find out more on Sunday.

But it should be a good game.  I don't know how Las Chivas de Miami fared in the tournament, or whether they failed to qualify like us, but I am sure the kids feel it will be special as an 'international' game.

Of course times, places, etc. are subject to change.  I am going to the practice tomorrow to speak with Giovanni to see if I can learn more.  I did find out that in the third game, we were tied 1-1 with the team in the group that everyone had beaten.  It rained so hard, they stopped the game, but after it had stopped, the other team didn't want to go back out on the field.  So the organizers gave us three goals and the victory (4-1).

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New INTERNATIONAL soccer game Sunday: Union Ajijic versus Las Chivas de Miami Empty Re: New INTERNATIONAL soccer game Sunday: Union Ajijic versus Las Chivas de Miami

Post by Pedro Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:53 pm

we have a coach that is a quitter? how great is that? i played hockey fer over 50 years and no matter how bad  things were-i never quit.
this team seems to quit in the second half as well from what i've seen.
but i will still support the buggers because i ain't a quitter!

Last edited by Pedro on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New INTERNATIONAL soccer game Sunday: Union Ajijic versus Las Chivas de Miami Empty Re: New INTERNATIONAL soccer game Sunday: Union Ajijic versus Las Chivas de Miami

Post by zenwoodle Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:56 pm

I will be there buying beer and not selling it. Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:04 pm

Sounds like it will be a great game.

See you all there!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:02 pm

Giovanni has poured his heart and soul in this program and has done a lot for the kids.  Unfortunately he sets his expectations unrealistically high solely based on nothing much more than his own optimism, and when they are inevitably not met, he feels very frustrated.  I have heard his frustrations  expressed in terms of quitting before, and he is obviously still around.  I will see him tomorrow and try and see where we stand.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:21 pm

the key word is they are KIDS. i don't know a whole lot about fotbal but what i have seen from the few games i've been to;he has taught them some damn good systems offensively.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:03 pm

I don't think the Ajijic/Chapala mixed team worked so close to the tournament. Sure there were some better players on the Chapala team, but our core Union Ajijic team had played together for 7 months and I think that counts for more than the extra skills.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:26 pm

TrueBrit wrote:I don't think the Ajijic/Chapala mixed team worked so close to the tournament.  Sure there were some better players on the Chapala team, but our core Union Ajijic team had played together for 7 months and I think that counts for more than the extra skills.
i agree!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:38 pm

The first season for the team was soooo good, it is inevitable that the losses suffered at the tournament would deflate the coach.

Let's show up on Sunday to support the team and show the coach that we are behind him. He is obviously the leader that the team needs. Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:43 pm

BUMP
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:24 pm

There will be futbol games on Sunday starting at 10:00 am (before I get out of bed!)

Come on down to the field and enjoy the games with our fellow residents.

I have been told that the guy who sells beer in the stands charges less than I do. Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:45 am

Bump
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:01 pm

when are ya coming ta get my 200p?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:03 pm

When you are awake Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:57 pm

The team from Miami pulled out on Friday evening, but thanks to the efforts of coach Giovanni, we were able to arrange a game against a team from La Paz.

We lost 3-1, but there was a large turnout of parents, and everyone had a good time :)

There are no games scheduled right now, but I will post info when I have it.

Thanks to all who have contributed to the team, and I will be collecting from the ones that I have missed in the upcoming week. Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:04 pm

Do let us know what the team needs for next season.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:06 am

I'm no soccer player, but raised four pretty good ones. How does one get involved in your program?

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:14 am

watch the games and give some pesos.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:19 pm

windrider17 wrote:I'm no soccer player, but raised four pretty good ones.  How does one get involved in your program?

Watch the board for postings. Either Truebrit or myself will post the dates times and places.

If you want any more info, PM me and I will be happy to oblige. Beer

I will be at the swarm on thursday also. Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down