INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign Plated Car Removal Via CAR TRANSPORT RIG ??

4 posters

Go down

Foreign Plated Car Removal Via CAR TRANSPORT RIG ?? Empty Foreign Plated Car Removal Via CAR TRANSPORT RIG ??

Post by Vandre Wed May 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Are any you out there interested in exploring this method of removing your cars from Mexico. My situation is that there is an operational problem that prevents mine from going over 40 MPH. I do not want to have it fixed? in MX to the tune of $10,000USD, only to find in Ciudad Obregon (or wherever) that it was a botched job (leaving me Miles from any warranty and miles from the Frontera). My goal would be to get it to either CA or AZ.

I'm hoping there are others out there that do not for whatever reason relish the thought of driving to the border, but want to remove their car from MX because it has too much value to fire-sale it. I know nothing about transporting vehicles, let alone inter-country. But, my thinking is 4to6 cars to Tucson? on a truck with 1-2 drivers would be a heck of a lot less $$ and less stress than individuals doing the drive.

There's concerns, of course, that I have not addressed, eg. insurance, TIP's, trustworthyness, etc., but I just thought maybe we could get a dialog going and see if there was any interest to warrant further investigation. Anyone interested? Please respond and/or PM. Thanks Vandre

Vandre
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Foreign Plated Car Removal Via CAR TRANSPORT RIG ?? Empty Re: Foreign Plated Car Removal Via CAR TRANSPORT RIG ??

Post by jrm30655 Wed May 22, 2013 9:27 pm

There is a company in CA that does this but I can't find his card at the moment.

He delivers cars from the US to dealers in MX and comes to Guad. He says that he will take the car NOB, stop and get the TIPS removed and sell the car.

When I talked to him, he would pay cash in Guad for the car.

He quoted me a price that was about 15% below blue book on a 2006 Jeep Wrangler with very low mileage so I decided to nationalize it.

His name came from one of the big car dealers in Guad.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Foreign Plated Car Removal Via CAR TRANSPORT RIG ?? Empty Re: Foreign Plated Car Removal Via CAR TRANSPORT RIG ??

Post by Vandre Thu May 23, 2013 10:34 am

JRM thanks for the reply but I guess I didn't make my post clear. I Don't Want to sell the car. I want to get it back to my house in Calif. However, it is not safely driveable. I know everyone has different situations, but surely there are, at least, some others who want their cars Out but don't want to sell them. Anybody?

Vandre
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandre Thu May 23, 2013 10:40 am

JRM, forgot to add that I would be very interested in his contact info. Seems reasonable to think that he could make some money even just taking cars out without the selling part. Why return from MX with an empty truck after he's dropped his shipment in Guad???

Vandre
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu May 23, 2013 12:57 pm

There are hundreds of car transport trucks running north daily. I suggest you go to a new car dealer. Talk to the manager. Dealers have cars delivered all the time and they would know the companies that own the trucks and are in the auto transport industry.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Thu May 23, 2013 1:06 pm

Where is the car now, I can drive down with my pick up and a car "dolly" and we can tow it back to the USA...what are you willing to pay for this????
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down