INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has MX Sent A Search and Rescue To OKLA City????

4 posters

Go down

Has MX Sent A Search and Rescue To OKLA City???? Empty Has MX Sent A Search and Rescue To OKLA City????

Post by espíritu del lago Tue May 21, 2013 10:31 am

Does anybody KNOW????

Thanks in advance.... I really would appreciate any info anyone has... Thanks

Espiritu
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Has MX Sent A Search and Rescue To OKLA City???? Empty Re: Has MX Sent A Search and Rescue To OKLA City????

Post by CheenaGringo Tue May 21, 2013 11:14 am

So far, the only announced teams that I have been able to find are from Texas: http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013/05/elite-texas-search-and-rescue-team-headed-to-oklahoma.html/ and Nebraska: http://www.1011now.com/home/headlines/Crews-Dig-Through-Night-After-Deadly-Okla-Twister-208271561.html#.UZucL8oQO_0

From a local news report, it was reported that the Red Cross has disaster teams headed to Oklahoma from many States. The New Mexico Red Cross Disaster Team leaves at noon today with their specialized disaster vehicles and I would guess the same would be true for the other teams?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Has MX Sent A Search and Rescue To OKLA City???? Empty Re: Has MX Sent A Search and Rescue To OKLA City????

Post by espíritu del lago Tue May 21, 2013 12:36 pm

CG,

TX.. affirmative.. NM.. did not know thanks.

I know MX sent search and rescue to Haiti, so they might... We are under watch til 7pm local.

ITSHTF here we are going South..

Thanks for update keep me posted if you can... We are preped and ready to roll..

Thank you,
Espiritu

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue May 21, 2013 12:48 pm

The moles will probably go, if not already gone. http://mexicantrailrunner.blogspot.com/2011/03/mole-men-of-tlaltelolco-respond-to.html
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue May 21, 2013 1:05 pm

Thank you...

Espiritu
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue May 21, 2013 1:07 pm

If they leave I'd like to know..

again....TIA
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue May 21, 2013 1:21 pm

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/21/woman-finds-dog-lost-during-tornado-while-being-interviewed/

MOORE, Okla. (CBS Houston/AP) – A woman who thought she had lost it all found one of the things most precious to her while being interviewed on live television – her pet dog, buried alive under the rubble of her former home.

Tornado survivor Barbara Garcia was relating her harrowing tale of survival to CBS News, recalling in a deliberate voice the details of feeling her house coming down around her as the storm wreaked havoc on the area.

Video on link..

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue May 21, 2013 5:54 pm

Being not that far away...the whole thing is horrifying. Teams from this area were mobilized within the hour. That thing was a monster. I don't remember any that were that bad before...or maybe it was because schools were hit and children lost. There are just no words to describe the feeling of horror and loss.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue May 21, 2013 6:05 pm

It was upgraded to an F5.. 210 mph wind plus 2mi eye.. Unbelieveable ....
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed May 22, 2013 3:38 pm

It hit us last night...but no tornado.... just tornado watches all night. Lots of wind and 8 inches of rain. It was kind of creepy watching the storm from our mostly glass living room knowing what it had already done. They've reduced the number of lives lost.... but still way too many. My heart goes out to them.

I thought the wind was higher than 210 mph?
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed May 22, 2013 4:09 pm

Kip:

I did some reading up on the ratings and wind speeds for tornados. From WIKI:
" It is not easy to measure wind speed in a tornado. This is because a tornado usually destroys local measuring equipment, and also because tornadoes only exist for a short time at random places and they are gone before meteorologists can study them.

Wind speed is usually measured by a device called an anemometer, which has cups that spin around a vertical axis in the wind (the Beaufort wind scale rates, on a scale of 1 to 12, how strong the wind is). Severe tornadoes, however, can destroy these relatively fragile devices. There are other methods of measuring wind speed (including Doppler radar), but measuring the wind during a tornado is not easily done because tornadoes exist for such a short time. Meteorologists (weather scientists) may not even know about a tornado until after it has dissipated, since tornadoes usually only last for a few minutes and travel for a relatively short distance.......

While there are a number of scales used, it appears that the "Enhanced Fujita scale" at this point in time:
[img]Has MX Sent A Search and Rescue To OKLA City???? Ef10[/img]
You will notice that the EF5 rating for the OK tornado is really a range between 200 - 234mph and this estimate is based more upon damage than any actual measurement of the wind speed.

Clear as mud?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down