INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

great story about ron and al young in mexcon

+3
CHILLIN
CanuckBob
Pedro
7 posters

Go down

great story about ron and al young in mexcon Empty great story about ron and al young in mexcon

Post by Pedro Thu May 16, 2013 3:04 pm

they have the mechanic and machine shop across from soriana which is in chapala. as well as making parts for the beezer they recently fabricated a very small part for my 1903 washburn guitar. al does great metal art and they can fabricate just about anything. they don't just do vehicles which they do quite well. i highly recommend them and my name ain't john.
here is the link:
http://www.mexconnect.com/articles/4018-canada-to-mexico-from-there-to-here
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

great story about ron and al young in mexcon Empty Re: great story about ron and al young in mexcon

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Pedro, do you think they could fabricate me some flat steel bumbers (for my Vocho) for a reasonable price?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

great story about ron and al young in mexcon Empty Re: great story about ron and al young in mexcon

Post by Pedro Thu May 16, 2013 3:55 pm

take it up and show ron, but i think ya might hafta go to a body guy. if they can't, i'm sure they know somebody.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu May 16, 2013 4:59 pm

I am having trouble visualizing 'flat' bumpers - shouldn't they be all curvy, like a roadster or the original VW? It would require special equipment in steel, a 'wheel' type device.

I have made a lot of stuff in fiberglass and carved perlite plaster. This is the technique that was used by Ed "Big Daddy" Roth in his wild creations. Now they use tonnes of (expensive ) clay, special tools called 'sweeps'.

1964 Orbitron
great story about ron and al young in mexcon 1964-Orbitron-Show-Car-by-Ed-Big-Daddy-Roth-Side-1280x960

Last edited by CHILLIN on Thu May 16, 2013 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 16, 2013 5:02 pm

No, they will be slightly curved but made out of flat steel.......and yes you need a roller press to curve the steel.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu May 16, 2013 5:20 pm

they don't have a roller press as far as i know. roth did some amazing kickass shit!
it's amazing what some outfits do here old school! whoops i used a cliche which i hate.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Shit happens, eh Elvis....jajajaja!!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu May 16, 2013 6:47 pm

I was just talking with Ron yesterday... great guy
We are going to put some designs togeather and hopefully his brother can cut them into steel using a lasar cutter....
Trying to find some unique artwork for around the Pool Area.... had to tug all the vines down, to many leaves in the water.
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Thu May 16, 2013 8:31 pm

CanuckBob wrote:No, they will be slightly curved but made out of flat steel.......and yes you need a roller press to curve the steel.
Why not tube?
Tube Bumpers

great story about ron and al young in mexcon 707134
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Cause I don't want tube bumpers........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Thu May 16, 2013 10:18 pm

Pedro wrote:they have the mechanic and machine shop across from soriana which is in chapala. as well as making parts for the beezer they recently fabricated a very small part for my 1903 washburn guitar. al does great metal art and they can fabricate just about anything. they don't just do vehicles which they do quite well. i highly recommend them and my name ain't john.
here is the link:
http://www.mexconnect.com/articles/4018-canada-to-mexico-from-there-to-here

I was going to be a smart-ass and ask if the Washburn was acoustic or electric, but seriously, is the guitar all original except for the "small metal piece?

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu May 16, 2013 10:54 pm

yes it is. i lost a screw in one of the tuning pegs so al made me a new shaft with a new screw. the gear is still the original though.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri May 17, 2013 9:17 am

I'm not the only one who always thought you had a screw loose! Very Happy
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri May 17, 2013 10:18 am

CHILLIN wrote:I'm not the only one who always thought you had a screw loose! Very Happy

If they can remedy a situation in that context......there should be quite a run on the place. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down