INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LUNCH at ROBERTO'S Restaurant Review

4 posters

Go down

LUNCH at ROBERTO'S Restaurant Review Empty LUNCH at ROBERTO'S Restaurant Review

Post by johninajijic Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:43 pm

We seldom go out for Lunch, but three of us decided to try Roberto's new Chinese Menu. It consists of Orange or Sesame Chicken, Mongolian Beef, Sweet & Sour Pork or Chicken. All come with fried rice for $ 65. pesos. A small salad or choice of two soups is $ 15. pesos more. He still has his regular Lunch Menu with good choices from $ 80 - $ 115 pesos.

This is not criticizing Roberto's, but the waiter forgot the Carrot Fritters. He also forgot our soups and salads. He was very, very apologetic.

One person ordered the Orange Chicken, one ordered the Sweet & Sour Chicken and I ordered Sweet & Sour Pork. The people who ordered the Sweet & Sour dishes liked them. The person who ordered the Orange Chicken didn't like it, I tasted it and didn't like it either. The sauce was waaaaay too sweet. Our friends at another table, who were there before us ordered the Mongolian Beef and loved it. All dishes are acompanied by Fried Rice which was very good, light and fluffy.

We all thought there could have been a little more food and more than one large scoop of rice.

ROBERTO'S Restaurant
766 1616
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

LUNCH at ROBERTO'S Restaurant Review Empty Re: LUNCH at ROBERTO'S Restaurant Review

Post by gringal Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:26 pm

If it was today......it was unfortunate. One cook was missing and the other fella was trying to "do it all". More than the usual number of people showed up, of course. Having learned this and being a cautious soul, I ordered the pesto chicken sandwich as a safe choice which came with some coleslaw and fries. Delicious. 65 pesos. Our waiter did bring the carrot fritters and the rest.

BTW, one of the best "Chinese" dishes is the mushu pork. Very tasty, and plenty of it. Comes with two wrappers, and there's so much of the pork dish that I'd ask for some more wrappers if you're hungry. I didn't like the overly sweet dish either; either the orange chicken or the other one??.

I gather some of your group have large appetites! We always feel more than well fed when we leave. In fact, we mostly pass on the bread and half the fritters.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

LUNCH at ROBERTO'S Restaurant Review Empty Re: LUNCH at ROBERTO'S Restaurant Review

Post by johninajijic Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:46 pm

gringal - It was 1:00 PM today. I don't have a large appetite, although I can eat a lot. I can get more at PANINO or AJIJIC TANGO at lunch time than Roberto's. Roberto's prices are nearly double that what they were when he was on the Lake where Yves is now. We saw his prices increase twice a year.

IMO, when it comes to Dinner, many other restaurants exceed Roberto's in food quality and portion size, eg: Laurent, El Jardin de Ninette, Hacienda Ajijic. Manix, La Bodega, etc.

We will give it a try again.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:13 am

We went to Robertos for dinner yesterday. His overall selection has to be one of the best lakeside IMO. Everyone really enjoyed their meals. I had the spicy mongolian beef. It was awesome.

LUNCH at ROBERTO'S Restaurant Review Cimg7119

LUNCH at ROBERTO'S Restaurant Review Cimg7120

LUNCH at ROBERTO'S Restaurant Review Cimg7121

LUNCH at ROBERTO'S Restaurant Review Cimg7122

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:22 am

Good choice of restaurant, and the Mongrel Beef ain't bad......but he has a couple of other winners on the menu. Any of the fish dishes, the humble hamburger, the meat loaf and the chicken piccata are some of my faves. If you like steak, try the Steak Diane, and if you enjoy Sunday Brunch, it's a double yum. A huge platter of starters-for-two (more if you're four) arrives which includes an egg salad, a salmon mouusy glob, a chicken/rice salad and a macaroni mixture. Basket of breads. You're almost full when the main dish arrives. I suggest you don't order the steak and eggs. He doesn't have a good source of breakfast type steak, so you might be disappointed, as my spouse was. Eggs "benesortadict" are good, complete with the good sauce. Price: 100 pesos for eggs benedict with all the above mentioned trimmings. More for some of the others.
The bartender really knows how to mix a Bloody Mary, too.

The special lunch menu is a real bargain these days. Soup or small salads are included, along with the carrot croquettes and are as low as 50 pesos. Example: Crispy fish sandwich with fries and coleslaw. Or, you can splurge and have many other choices for less than 80 pesos.
cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:50 am

With the size of the menu I could eat there everyday.........

We will be back a few more times before the end of the month.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by kiva Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:24 am

One of my favorite places.
kiva
kiva

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:39 am

Agree Roberto's has the largest and most varied menu. He doesn't give you enough to eat on his Lunch Specials. Ajijic Tango is a better deal and much more filling for Lunch Specials for $ 55. pesos. They have approx. 15 + items between 12:30 - 1:30 PM daily. Three items are steak sandwiches plus 3 Italian dishes.

I schedule Roberto's once or twice a year for our Dinner Group. His consistency of food and how much you get to eat cannot compare to Manix, where you get a plate full of consistent quality food. Manix menu is more limited. Manix has always been noted for their consistency.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down