INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heat Shrink - for electrical cords

4 posters

Go down

Heat Shrink - for electrical cords Empty Heat Shrink - for electrical cords

Post by saege007 Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:10 am

Back in July I had a friend bring me a brand new Apple mag-safe power adapter for my laptop. As the months have gone by, the cord has just disintegrated. The same thing happened to my mom's Kindle power adapter. It's like the tubing on it got weird and soft and just started splitting and falling apart. My iPhone charger is doing the same thing. Don't know if it is the weather here or what.

For months I have been putting electrical tape on it, so the actual wires don't get broken, but that really isn't working well. I'm sure it is still under warranty, but I have no idea where I put the receipt, or if I even have it anymore.

So, I have concluded that I just need to buy some heat shrink and fix it myself.

Is there anywhere LOCAL that I can buy heat shrink? I know I can probably get it at somewhere like Radio Shack in Guadalajara, but I'd rather get something local if I can.

I also have no idea what I would call it in Spanish.

A link to what I am talking about:
http://en.wikipedia....t-shrink_tubing

thanks!
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Heat Shrink - for electrical cords Empty Re: Heat Shrink - for electrical cords

Post by CanuckBob Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:08 am

Did you check that fancy electrical shop just across the street and west of you?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:27 am

There's a little shop on Hidalgo opposite the Plaza in Ajijic that has cable, plugs, etc.. for steros, phones, computers, and the like. They have shrink tubing.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:38 pm

saege007 wrote:Back in July I had a friend bring me a brand new Apple mag-safe power adapter for my laptop. As the months have gone by, the cord has just disintegrated. The same thing happened to my mom's Kindle power adapter. It's like the tubing on it got weird and soft and just started splitting and falling apart. My iPhone charger is doing the same thing. Don't know if it is the weather here or what.

For months I have been putting electrical tape on it, so the actual wires don't get broken, but that really isn't working well. I'm sure it is still under warranty, but I have no idea where I put the receipt, or if I even have it anymore.

So, I have concluded that I just need to buy some heat shrink and fix it myself.

Is there anywhere LOCAL that I can buy heat shrink? I know I can probably get it at somewhere like Radio Shack in Guadalajara, but I'd rather get something local if I can.

I also have no idea what I would call it in Spanish.

A link to what I am talking about:
http://en.wikipedia....t-shrink_tubing

thanks!

Tubo termal. Steren, Home Depot, and Auto Zone now have some, but small and expensive. Radio Shack is rather worthless now, and even more worthless here in Mexico. I have some at home. How much do you need and what diameter?

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Actually, I guess the full name is: tubo termocontraible

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down