INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inkjet cartridge refill x from El Torito gone, New World Technology gone

+2
joec
merry
6 posters

Go down

Inkjet cartridge refill x from El Torito gone, New World Technology gone Empty Inkjet cartridge refill x from El Torito gone, New World Technology gone

Post by merry Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:43 pm

I went to get my printer cartridge refilled today but the little booth across from El Torito is really and truly gone, cleaned out, empty, dusty and dirty.

So I went across the street to buy a new one from New World Technology in the El Torito Mall, and they too are gone. A new water filter accessories store is in their place and said they just cleaned out the space one night last month and poof!

Finally I went to Benno's Computers across from the Lake Chapala Review's offices and they sell inkjet cartridges "at the same prices as Office Max." They will also hunt down rare cartridges for you in Guadalajara, they charge a 200 peso hunting and gas fee. The guys are young and eager to help.

Just a heads-up.

merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Inkjet cartridge refill x from El Torito gone, New World Technology gone Empty Re: Inkjet cartridge refill x from El Torito gone, New World Technology gone

Post by joec Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:24 pm

merry wrote:I went to get my printer cartridge refilled today but the little booth across from El Torito is really and truly gone, cleaned out, empty, dusty and dirty.

So I went across the street to buy a new one from New World Technology in the El Torito Mall, and they too are gone. A new water filter accessories store is in their place and said they just cleaned out the space one night last month and poof!

Finally I went to Benno's Computers across from the Lake Chapala Review's offices and they sell inkjet cartridges "at the same prices as Office Max." They will also hunt down rare cartridges for you in Guadalajara, they charge a 200 peso hunting and gas fee. The guys are young and eager to help.

Just a heads-up.

merry

I found out last night from a friend that Benno's fills cartridges too. I will try them sice LM!COM on Ocampo has been doing a lousy job filling cartridges. Had to take the last one back.

I too have an oldy, but goody 11 year old printer, HP Deskjet 932C and have been having trouble finding cartridges. I have Adrian Ramos looking for one in GDL now. He's my computer guy.

COMPUTERS & REPAIR
SOPORTE TECNICO AXIXNET - NEW COMPUTERS - REPAIRS - SOFTWARE - NETWORKS
ADRIAN RAMOS M. (Speaks English) - Very reasonable
Encarnacion Rosas # 14 - Ajijic
Tel: 766 0124
Cell phone: 045 331 064 8578

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Inkjet cartridge refill x from El Torito gone, New World Technology gone Empty Re: Inkjet cartridge refill x from El Torito gone, New World Technology gone

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:56 pm

Martin at Lm@com is the same guy who operates the booth in front of TelMex.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:37 am

HelperGuy wrote:Martin at Lm@com is the same guy who operates the booth in front of TelMex.

Martin doesn't operate anything any more. He no longer has a part in the business according to his ex wife. They are either separated or divorced.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:38 am

Too bad. Very nice guy, very generous, lots of problems in his life, including serious heart troubles.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:56 am

joec wrote:
merry wrote:...Finally I went to Benno's Computers across from the Lake Chapala Review's offices and they sell inkjet cartridges ... merry

I found out last night from a friend that Benno's fills cartridges too.

Hmm, how interesting, because I actually went there and told them I was looking for a refill, and they told me to my face that they do NOT do refills.

merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by shirley Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:27 pm

went to SICI at Av. Hidalgo #225 in Chapala and he will refill my toner cartridge
ph. 33 14 87 74 97 or 765 2114

Abrahan Carrillo is his name

shirley
shirley

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:10 pm

Good to know, thanks Shirley.

I've also heard that there is one across the street from Manix Restaurant in Ajijic but have not yet checked that out.

merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:30 pm

merry wrote:Good to know, thanks Shirley.

I've also heard that there is one across the street from Manix Restaurant in Ajijic but have not yet checked that out.

merry

Merry...I think that is Martín, memtioned above.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:56 am

Excellent, great, thanks Slainte. Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:44 pm

Okay so I spent the afternoon getting all the scoop on the ink cartridge places above:

1. I picked up the brand-new cartridge from Benno's, it came in today exactly as promised. That's my backup!

2. Went to the place near Farmacia Guadalajara - down the block past Alfredo's Bazaar is Axxixnet. They were closed, but this was between 2-4 pm and they do not have any hours posted. Strike. Maybe next time or someone can add to this post.

3. Went down Ocampo and found Martin's place as described, they are at #32 Ocampo next to Early Bird Cafe, and across the street from Total Body Care and Manix Restaurant. They refilled my old cartridge for 80 pesos, while I waited. I did a test print and it looks great!

IMPORTANT: There is no sign on this place when it is open, as their name "LM.COM" is printed on the doors and you can't see the name until you actually walk in the place. But they had a LARGE SELECTION OF PRINTER INK for all brands, I even saw a Dell but that might've been a special order.

4. I was also told about a place in Jocotepec so I checked that out on my way home. It's called PC Mexico and is located directly across from the Banamex. I didn't have a cartridge to test there but will try them next time.

Printers away!

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:49 pm

merry wrote:Okay so I spent the afternoon getting all the scoop on the ink cartridge places above:

1. I picked up the brand-new cartridge from Benno's, it came in today exactly as promised. That's my backup!

2. Went to the place near Farmacia Guadalajara - down the block past Alfredo's Bazaar is Axxixnet. They were closed, but this was between 2-4 pm and they do not have any hours posted. Strike. Maybe next time or someone can add to this post.

3. Went down Ocampo and found Martin's place as described, they are at #32 Ocampo next to Early Bird Cafe, and across the street from Total Body Care and Manix Restaurant. They refilled my old cartridge for 80 pesos, while I waited. I did a test print and it looks great!

IMPORTANT: There is no sign on this place when it is open, as their name "LM.COM" is printed on the doors and you can't see the name until you actually walk in the place. But they had a LARGE SELECTION OF PRINTER INK for all brands, I even saw a Dell but that might've been a special order.

4. I was also told about a place in Jocotepec so I checked that out on my way home. It's called PC Mexico and is located directly across from the Banamex. I didn't have a cartridge to test there but will try them next time.

Printers away!

Merry

merry quote - 2. The place was Adrian Ramos, my computer guy. He is out on the road making epairs. To reach him, you need to call his cell phone as I do. You'll always reach him. He goes to GDL about twice a week for computer parts, etc.

merry quote - 3. Went down Ocampo and found Martin's place as described, they are at #32 Ocampo next to Early Bird Cafe, and across the street from Total Body Care and Manix Restaurant. They refilled my old cartridge for 80 pesos, while I waited. I did a test print and it looks great!

I have had him fill cartridges recently and they ran out of ink after 10 pages, so I had to go back to have it refilled. They're not as good as they used to be. Then my partner printed photos and they faded within 1 month.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:14 pm

joec wrote:merry quote - 2. The place was Adrian Ramos, my computer guy. He is out on the road making epairs. To reach him, you need to call his cell phone as I do. You'll always reach him. He goes to GDL about twice a week for computer parts, etc.

merry quote - 3. Went down Ocampo and found Martin's place as described, they are at #32 Ocampo next to Early Bird Cafe, and across the street from Total Body Care and Manix Restaurant. They refilled my old cartridge for 80 pesos, while I waited. I did a test print and it looks great!

I have had him fill cartridges recently and they ran out of ink after 10 pages, so I had to go back to have it refilled. They're not as good as they used to be. Then my partner printed photos and they faded within 1 month.

#2- I won't call ahead I'll just move onto the next place that is open, as you can see. If I'm in town I'm in hit-and-run mode and can't wait to get back to the south side.

#3 - I too had a cartridge filled at Martin's booth run out after a small number of pages, however I brought it back and they immediately refilled it again for free. They asked if I had printed some full color pages such as Google satellite maps and indeed, I had, but they refilled it for free anyway. That does suck the ink down and I forgot about that. That is why I tried his other main place and it was definitely about twice as stocked as their old little booth.

merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lilikoi Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:44 pm

The guy on Ocampo is just not a guy I'd ever deal with unless you have time for hassles and trouble.
lilikoi
lilikoi

Humor : Radical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down