INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on Simply Thai

+9
seisdedos
ferret
gringal
viajero
Ms.Thang
Rosa Venus
CanuckBob
joec
hound dog
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Update on Simply Thai - Page 2 Empty Re: Update on Simply Thai

Post by gringal Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:09 pm

little italy wrote:
gringal wrote:
ferret wrote:Well, yeah, there's no accountin' for taste buds but "old" greens gone brown should never have been served. It's better to say you don't have something than serve an inferior product.

Exactly the point. I don't mind at all if a server says they're out of ......... and I appreciate it when the server says they have something special that day. (Please, not a five minute rundown, just a summary). The trouble with getting the tired old salad served to you once tends to sour you on the restaurant for the future.

Seis, put me on the sh.t list, and get it over with. My biggest disappointment after moving to Mexico was discovering that the Mexican food in CA eateries was better than it is around here. "Around here" means Lakeside, not Guadalajara or Mexico City, where I'm sure you can get excellent food of any variety. Why this is, I do not know, but it's also true that the Spanish settled in California for several hundred years, which would give them plenty of time to perfect the dishes. Maybe I'm saying I don't like "Mexican" food as well as I like "Spanish" food. Guilty as charged.

Make that two on Seis shit list( already on his list as "mush brains". I lived in San Jose, Watsonville, Aptos and can honestly say I have eaten in "Mom & Pop" Mexican eateries in Calif. that would put Ajijic to shame. No I haven't been to Guadalajara or Mexico and sure I could find similar.

We lived in the same general area around Monterey Bay. Do you by chance remember the restaurant in the old Palomar Hotel in downtown Santa Cruz, where there were "sopas" to die for? Plus everything else. Then there were the places in Monterey itself. I'm getting hungry.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:09 pm

little italy wrote:
gringal wrote:
ferret wrote:Well, yeah, there's no accountin' for taste buds but "old" greens gone brown should never have been served. It's better to say you don't have something than serve an inferior product.

Exactly the point. I don't mind at all if a server says they're out of ......... and I appreciate it when the server says they have something special that day. (Please, not a five minute rundown, just a summary). The trouble with getting the tired old salad served to you once tends to sour you on the restaurant for the future.

Seis, put me on the sh.t list, and get it over with. My biggest disappointment after moving to Mexico was discovering that the Mexican food in CA eateries was better than it is around here. "Around here" means Lakeside, not Guadalajara or Mexico City, where I'm sure you can get excellent food of any variety. Why this is, I do not know, but it's also true that the Spanish settled in California for several hundred years, which would give them plenty of time to perfect the dishes. Maybe I'm saying I don't like "Mexican" food as well as I like "Spanish" food. Guilty as charged.

Make that two on Seis shit list( already on his list as "mush brains". I lived in San Jose, Watsonville, Aptos and can honestly say I have eaten in "Mom & Pop" Mexican eateries in Calif. that would put Ajijic to shame. No I haven't been to Guadalajara or Mexico and sure I could find similar.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:29 pm

viajero wrote:
Why do you say that,did you come up with a different number?

No, I said that because there are more Mexicans in Guadalajara alone than the number you gave. Now does it make sense?

viajero wrote: BTW:Shasta,Chico and Stockton are not exactly known for their great food,be it Mexican or whatever.
Just out of curiosity,seis,what are some of your favorite Mexican dishes?

My point is that I have eaten in mom and pop type Mexican restaurants from the north to the south and never had a memorable meal. And that includes numerous places in the LA area where I dined on invitation from Mexican friends who live there and admitted that although the places they took me to were the best their area had to offer, they were not up to the food they were accustomed to in Mexico.

As far as Shasta, Stockton or Chico etc, all of these places have longstanding Mexican communities and possess the quintessential mom and pop "mexican" family restaurants and have so for generations. I suppose though that the people running the places must have left their cooking skills south of the border unlike their counterparts wherever the hell you are from.

seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:44 pm

little italy wrote:

Seis you stupid poop, Shasta, chico, Stockton, San Pedro??? Ya all those tex mex places huh?? you would not eat where I have had the best Mexican food in California. Update on Simply Thai - Page 2 850219

Tex Mex??? Actually its you that ain't too bright. And what, do tell, would keep me from eating Mexican food where you have in California?
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:39 pm

I thought this post is titled "Update on Somply Thai"???

What does Mexican food have to do with it?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:42 pm

Simply Thai is in Mexico?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:48 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Simply Thai is in Mexico?

Yes, in Ajijic, across from LCS on Ramon Corona # 11 - 766 5665

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:50 pm

So if the food is produced in Mexico, then it must be Mexican food!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:35 am

CheenaGringo wrote:So if the food is produced in Mexico, then it must be Mexican food!

Absolutely positively right. Just like a restaurant in the U.S. serving won ton soup, potstickers and chow mein is serving American food. cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:03 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:So if the food is produced in Mexico, then it must be Mexican food!

Just like all the American food served in Mexico is Mexican food. YUK!!! You mean I've been thinking those steaks and Shrimp are American food, but it's Mexican food. I just puked and now I'll be sick all day!

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:02 pm

gringal wrote:

Absolutely positively right. Just like a restaurant in the U.S. serving won ton soup, potstickers and chow mein is serving American food. cheers

Is pizza from a U.S. pizza place, American food? lol!....or how about Taco Bell? (in the U.S.)

If your last name is O'Shea, like the presidente of Jocotepec, and you were born in Mexico....you are Mexican.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2