INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AUTO INSURANCE FOREIGN PLATED COMPARISON

4 posters

Go down

AUTO INSURANCE FOREIGN PLATED COMPARISON Empty AUTO INSURANCE FOREIGN PLATED COMPARISON

Post by Jim W Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:04 pm

I have insured with the same company since 2005.....San Xavier Mexico Insurance, email Mexicobob@aol.com, Nogales, Az 85621, tel: 520 377 0424, 888 377 1570. This year I shopped the following, all with $300,000 liability, collision, etc., plus legal aid and travel assistance.

This year, got pricing from Lewis & Lewis, Segunet, and San Xavier Mexico Ins. (Mapfre).

Lewis &Lewis* Segunet San Xavier (MAPFRE)**
2001 F150 Supercrew $10,000 value
PLAN A $292.73 $500.63 $301.37
PLAN B $360.83

2011 Ford Escape 17,000 value
PLAN A $333.59 $533.97 $350.21
PLAN B $414.18

* LEWIS OFFERED PARTS OF MEXICO UNDER PLAN A, AND ENTIRE COUNTRY COVERAGE PLAN B
** San Xavier offered 500k liability for additional $55.50 per vehicle

All prices are annual policies.

I stayed with San Xavier, as I have had several claims, all handled to my satisfaction. When I had a claim, they accepted photo copies of policy at the scene.

BTW, alcohol involved accidents void policy, according to my agent.

Beer Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

AUTO INSURANCE FOREIGN PLATED COMPARISON Empty Re: AUTO INSURANCE FOREIGN PLATED COMPARISON

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:19 pm

Jim:

You are getting a good deal. In Florida, they are charging retirees anywhere from $600 to $1000 per year to insure their street legal souped up golf carts: http://www.nbcnews.com/business/pricey-insurance-speedy-golf-carts-has-retirees-outraged-1B8287043 Too funny!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

AUTO INSURANCE FOREIGN PLATED COMPARISON Empty Re: AUTO INSURANCE FOREIGN PLATED COMPARISON

Post by Jim W Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Neil, THAT is spendy, for the priveledge to drive your cart to the course.

The first trip I made to Mexico via auto, I received good advice....shop your insurance on line.....avoid buying at the border.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:28 pm

OMG!!! That's SO MUCH less than I'm paying with Parker Insurance for a company based in England. So much for Parker and we all know how much you liked them on the ALLIANZ deal.

Jim - Thanks for posting.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:37 pm

BTW.....Lewis and Lewis email for pricing: info@mexicanautoinsurance.com
SeguNet Local # (376) 766-5974.....located on Caratera west of Panino.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:49 pm

Jim W wrote:I have insured with the same company since 2005.....San Xavier Mexico Insurance,

I stayed with San Xavier, as I have had several claims, all handled to my satisfaction. When I had a claim, they accepted photo copies of policy at the scene.
That's good to hear Jim because I've insured with them since 2005 as well but I've never had a claim.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:17 pm

Chris, the last incident was New Years Eve, 2010. Following SUV in my F150, He swerved left, and we hit a stopped vehicle, doing 100kph....vehicle flipped, 3 people to hospital, via ambulance.....No one hurt seriously. Adjuster arrived in approx., 3 hours, as we were approx 150k from Monterey. Two hours later on the road again....no ticket...Federales were great.....I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO JAIL! Thumbs up
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Funny thing all, I get an english translation of insurance policy purchased NOB!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Jim:

Just for drill, you might check www.mexadventure.com
This is who we have used in the past and have always taken their top tier (Platinum) policies with road assistance, medevac, etc. We had one claim back in 2005 and it was satisfied in a proper manner.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:53 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Jim:

Just for drill, you might check www.mexadventure.com
This is who we have used in the past and have always taken their top tier (Platinum) policies with road assistance, medevac, etc. We had one claim back in 2005 and it was satisfied in a proper manner.

Thanks for the "CLICK" Neil.....checked them and my company MAPHERE, doesn't show costs.....on this site. For the record, this info was not provided to create a debate! Just my research, and what I spend on foreign plated insurance. If anyone reading this thread, has another company to consider, please post link or email address. Hopefully, we will all have an opportunity to explore options, and select the most beneficial option to meet our needs.

Neil, I am a little slow tonight....which company did you select, did it include medevac? I am not sure how to load for comparison? To be honest ....never trhought of including medevac?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Jim:

I guessed at a few details using the info you provided on your F150 and got the following chart:
https://secure.mexadventure.com/app2/quotechecker5.cfm
MAPHERE is in the first column. We have always chosen one of the elite, platinum or premier policies because of all the add-on benefits but we did vary companies depending on what they were offering at the time. I have always looked at the coverage for driving in Mexico and paid far less attention to the cost since I want no gaps or problems.

While it pisses me off, I just had to suck it up for $35/day in insurance charges for an Alamo rental car when I have AMEX Premium Car Rental Insurance that provides over $100K USD in coverage. I don't wish to spend one minute in a Mexican police station or jail, so I guess I get to pay the piper!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:27 pm

Neil, In my case, I wasn't driving, my friend?????, spoke Spanish, convinced the federales I was driving, even though he had airbag burns on his fore arms.
I was so F ing lucky no one died in the accident....not to mention ....not trusting anyone in Mexico. Just Sayin!

I hope providing info gives newbies in Mexico a starting point, and they share info with us FOP'S (freeking old people)
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Jim:

In ten years of driving to/from Mexico, I have never had a incident to cause me any stress. A couple of nonsensical pullovers - no attempts at mordida and no tickets. Auro Insurance has been one of those things where I don't believe in taking the lowest price but do believe in taking the best coverage and that is true NOB or SOB.

I will tell you that after Spencer posted the new speeding fines for the Federal Highways, I will be cooling my jets! My norm of 80 to 100mph on the cuotas is now questionable! Funny thing is that I have never been pulled over on the cuotas for excessive speed. This next trip is fairly low key and we really don't have a reason to get carried away.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:00 pm

Neil, change MPH to KPH......LMAO....BTW....been stopped on quota ..no tickets.....I get passed by Mexican plated, probably 130-140 kpm every trip to border. Leaving the 28th for a month otta be interesting drive!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down