INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We need hotel Suggestions in Ajijic

+15
hound dog
Grizzy
Michelle76
Zedinmexico
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
Rosa Venus
hkrause
solajijic
gringal
juanrey
twelveoaks
Carry Bean
IslandGirl
CanuckBob
Starfish57
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

We need hotel Suggestions in Ajijic - Page 2 Empty Re: We need hotel Suggestions in Ajijic

Post by hkrause Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:19 pm

I stayed there for a week a couple years ago. The rooms were very clean and the owner was very helpful (Elaine, from Australia). There is no pool, and no breakfast, but each suite has a kitchenette, which was handy for quick meals and reheating leftovers. It's in a pretty quiet area and the courtyard fountain was nice to listen to at night. At the time I stayed, room prices were inexpensive (and I think tax was included in the price). I stayed in the Oaxaca Suite, which is at the back, upstairs. There's a nice terrace with table and chairs just outside the room. However, Internet signal there was weak so I had to use a booster antenna to get online in my room. The rooms closer to the office, in front, had a better signal.

I did a full review of the hotel on TripAdvisor, including some photos of the room I was in. If interested, you can find it here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g499405-d1079772-r72440279-Ajijic_Suites-Ajijic_Pacific_Coast.html

Heather

hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

We need hotel Suggestions in Ajijic - Page 2 Empty Re: We need hotel Suggestions in Ajijic

Post by Grizzy Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:20 pm

Naw, I have no suggestions for a hotel but need help finding the ignore button this week. I think dawg needs a flea bath or distemper shot this week.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:33 pm

Grizzy wrote:Naw, I have no suggestions for a hotel but need help finding the ignore button this week. I think dawg needs a flea bath or distemper shot this week.

Maybe a good high colonic would do the job.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:39 pm

Arrghhhh¡ Go away,please.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by dixiechick Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:08 pm

I'll answer your post, Michelle. I've stayed there twice and you can't beat the price or the location. I'm a single gringa and I don't like to walk down some of those streets at night by myself. There are plenty of restaurants on and right off Colon that have great food which you can walk to. There is also a very nice restaurant, Mel's, that is on the premises.
With all of that being said, the hotel doesn't have all the amenities that some of the other hotels mentioned here have. PM me if you want more info.

Sorry, Dawg. Maybe that was the final post.
dixiechick
dixiechick

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle76 Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:15 pm

Thanks. I appreciate everyones comments, however, I am really confused now. The hotel of which I am speaking about supposedly has a pool and serves breakfast. (at least that is what their website claims) The address is:
Ajijic Plaza Suites
Colon #33
Ajijic, Jalisco 45920

http://www.ajijichotel.com/indexeng.html

Is this the same one that you are speaking about?

Michelle76

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:27 am

The one you are speaking of, Ajijic Plaza Suites, is on Colon right across from the Plaza. It is a good location and I am sure you will be happy there. The other hotel is called Ajijic Suites. It is on Hildago nearer to 6 corners and doesn't have a pool.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by IslandGirl Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:18 am

The one on Colon is opposite the town plaza; the one on Hidalgo is only 2 blocks away and is much better, IMHO.

IslandGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:32 am

Well having actually stayed at the one on Hildago I would disagree. It is a long and somewhat dark two blocks at night, very tight quarters and there is no pool. It may however be a bit quieter though. YMMV
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:40 am

Hotel Casa Amable B & B
Grand Opening - Stop By to see our B & B
A Brand New B & B near the Center of Town
Walking Distance to the Plaza and Restaurants
Ocampo # 65 - Two doors down from Pedro’s old restaurant
Call Richy at: 045 333 462 6618 or (376) 766 1536
email: casamable@gmail.com
Your Hosts: Richy and Claudia Rodriguez Umbarger

10% Off all rooms - No miniumum stay required
All brand new rooms with new Private Baths
Small Bedroom
Matrimonal Bed
$ 50.00 US or $ 600. pesos

Medium Size Room
$ 58.00 US or $ 700. pesos

Large Room
King Size Bed
$ 63.00 US or $ 750. pesos

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

We need hotel Suggestions in Ajijic - Page 2 Empty Check out www.angelfloresguesthouse.com

Post by SkipInAjijic Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:32 am

only $50.00 US per night.

SkipInAjijic

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:23 am

SkipInAjijic wrote:only $50.00 US per night.

plus 10% discount. cheap! eh!

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

We need hotel Suggestions in Ajijic - Page 2 Empty El Pequeno Hotel

Post by otrocanuck Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:32 am

If you dont mind staying in Chapala please check out our hotel at "elpequenohotel.com" I am sure you will be pleased with what you see and hear. We have a single car garage if you require parking but the bus is only a couple of blocks away and a bus ride to Ajijic is always entertaining. We have openings in March. javascript:emoticonp

('mariachi')
otrocanuck
otrocanuck
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Mississauga, Point Claire, Edmonton, Saltspring Isl., Nakusp,Chapala,

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2