INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presbyterians vs. Catholics

+3
CheenaGringo
Jim W
hound dog
7 posters

Go down

Presbyterians vs. Catholics Empty Presbyterians vs. Catholics

Post by hound dog Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Only two days until the Tide rolls over the Irish like a coastal surge in a Class Four hurricane of a September in Northwest Florida inundating Escambia Bay. Those boys may as well stay in South Bend and ask for a refund on that chartered jet to Miami before it even takes off. OK, OK, so the Irish beat the boys from Tuscaloosa on five of their six past meetings but that was just pure luck. Dawg´s flat screen and a case of Victoria will see us through.

Smokealot
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Presbyterians vs. Catholics Empty Re: Presbyterians vs. Catholics

Post by Jim W Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:40 pm

Unfortunately Dawg, as usual with the BCS, the top 2 teams in the country aren't playing. flag waver
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:55 pm

[quote="Jim W"]Unfortunately Dawg, as usual with the BCS, the top 2 teams in the country aren't playing. flag waver [/quote]

Cute, JW. Perhaps a clash between Oregon and Kansas would be more entertaining. That way, if the game is a bore, we can always walk around the field gathering cow turds in the rain.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:57 pm

hound dog wrote:[quote="Jim W"]Unfortunately Dawg, as usual with the BCS, the top 2 teams in the country aren't playing. flag waver

Cute, JW. Perhaps a clash between Oregon and Kansas would be more entertaining. That way, if the game is a bore, we can always walk around the field gathering cow turds in the rain.[/quote]

No Dawg, that would be Corvallis

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:15 pm

Jim W wrote:
hound dog wrote:[quote="Jim W"]Unfortunately Dawg, as usual with the BCS, the top 2 teams in the country aren't playing. flag waver

Cute, JW. Perhaps a clash between Oregon and Kansas would be more entertaining. That way, if the game is a bore, we can always walk around the field gathering cow turds in the rain.

No, that would be Corvallis.[/quote]

An admirable retort, JW. I worked in Eugene many a time in the 90s but never Corvalliis but this was a similar comment that an Alabama alumnus would have made about Auburn, or, as it was known for many years while a land grant college. Alabama Polytechnic Institute. I mean how can you build a football slogan around "Go Alabama Polytechnic Institute. I imagine Oregon State had the same problem in the old days.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:27 pm

Kind a like the redneck that named his Huntin dog ....pretty lady...he lost her on a hunt....he yellin "HERE PRETTY LADY" LMFAO

BTW I lived near Eugene, on the Mckenzie River......Eugene is a clean fun city......No offense Zed, Corvallis is improving, but still a cow town!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:47 pm

Jim W wrote:Kind a like the redneck that named his Huntin dog ....pretty lady...he lost her on a hunt....he yellin "HERE PRETTY LADY" LMFAO

BTW I lived near Eugene, on the Mckenzie River......Eugene is a clean fun city......No offense Zed, Corvallis is improving, but still a cow town!

Dawg, who lived for four years near the Black Warrior River in Tuscaloosa while working on my BS in business administration, would not find it rewarding to become immersed in the competition between Eugene and Corvallis. These things can get out of hand as in Alabama where, for many years. Alabama and Auburn would not meet on the football field for fear of serious internecine violence.

While I lived in San Francisco for many years while often traveling about Washington State and Oregon on business, Northwesterners used to inquire as to whether I was going to retire to that neck of the woods and "Californicate" the Northwest. I always assured anyone in those parts who inquired that I was heading for Mexico as soon as possible upon retirement and the day I was free I was singing that happiness was San Francisco in the rear view mirror as I headed for Nogales. Sonora and points south.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:38 pm

Dawg:

One of these days, the Country and the sportswriters will view the SEC for what it truly is - an overrated collegiate brand of football. Interesting that with the exception of a bit of chatter about Saban going to the Cleveland Browns, one rarely sees rumors of SEC coaches headed for the pros. Whether the Catholics or the Protestants win the so-called National Championship Game, they both play an antiquated style of football that lacks excitement. Those who back either of these two teams should watch now because they may never have the chance again!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:14 pm

You are correct CG...BCS is brain damaged when it comes to the SEC.....
They moved Florida with a nothing schedule to # 3 and then #3 gets it's butt kicked I think be the 21st team in the country. Bama gets beat by a nobody, ends up ranked #1, while Oregon gets beat by Stanford...who will be ranked #6, or better. Alabama was beaten by A&M ranked 9th, while Oregon was beaten by #7 Stanford.....Alabama does not deserve to be in this game....Should have been Notre Dame V Oregon. Do the math!

Go figure
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:39 am

What is important is, how Seattle does Sunday
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:18 am

Jim W wrote:Kind a like the redneck that named his Huntin dog ....pretty lady...he lost her on a hunt....he yellin "HERE PRETTY LADY" LMFAO

Hmmm OK I will play

Corvallis has a performing hall with a symphony orchestra and a Steinway in climate controlled storage.

Corvallis has a alive and well downtown. Eugene ???? "Hey got any spare change" is the Eugene downtown.

Corvallis has two performing halls downtown owned by the public and restored or being restored.

Corvallis has OSU, HP, CH2mHill, lots of startups,

Corvallis is the third most educated community after Los Alamos and Lawrence Livermore. Yes we are much brighter
per capita than Eugene but you knew that after going to the country fair right?

Corvallis has famous farmers markets twice a week by the river which tourists come down in buses on Sat from
portland to go to.

Corvallis government is quite good. Eugene government and politics seem to be about arguing and calling people
names. This is civilized? Shall we compare the two police departments?

Corvallis has Adair, Philomath as neighbors. Eugene has Springfield and you know how to tell you are going from
Eugene to Springfield? The barbed wire starts.

Do you want to talk about the meth problem in both communities???

Eugene has the Country Fair (Wow Man) and Corvallis has the DaVinci Festival
where science and the arts are celebrated.

Actually I like both cities and have spent much time in both. Corvallis is not quite the hickey place it once was
and frankly Corvallis is a much better place to raise kids and Eugene is much better place for young people to
hang out.

Z

For the folks who wonder why I left if it is such a paradise well the weather sucks and the taxes on a $270K USD
house are $350/mo USD which is half of my rent here. Corvallis prices are rising so fast in another 10 years only
well to do retired people will be living there. Whole blocks are being town up to put in sick ugly student housing as
we have a housing shortage as OSU is trying to increase its enrollment by 10K over 15 years I think.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:43 pm

[quote="CheenaGringo"]Dawg:

One of these days, the Country and the sportswriters will view the SEC for what it truly is - an overrated collegiate brand of football. Interesting that with the exception of a bit of chatter about Saban going to the Cleveland Browns, one rarely sees rumors of SEC coaches headed for the pros. Whether the Catholics or the Protestants win the so-called National Championship Game, they both play an antiquated style of football that lacks excitement. Those who back either of these two teams should watch now because they may never have the chance again![/quote]

Actually, as a Shaw subscriber who watches maybe three or four college football games a year and never even one pro football game (talk about boring), I don´t subscribe to the channel carrying the Alabama-Notre Dame game so I guess I´ll have to meander over to the Score to which, fortunately I can walk since the cops around here seem to be taking a page from the traffic cops in your New Mexico and cracking down on those who drink even a little alcohol and dare to drive. Fortunately, normally a bit of the "little bite" can keep you out of the pokey here unless you have an accident and hurt yourself or someone else. Try that in France and they´ll deport you to Devil´s Island

If you think Bama is boring today you should have been joining me and some friends at Legion Field in Birmingham back in 1961. Bear Bryant in those days was a defense fanatic despite having the outstanding quarterback in Joe Namath who had just flunked out of the University of Maryland and made his way to Tuscaloosa. No professor in his right mind would have flunked one of Bear´s boys in those days. . Bear extensively used the third down quick kick for advantageous field position. During the 1961 schedule of, I believe, 10 games, the total points scored against Bama came to 11 - for the whole regular season. This did not matter to me as I only went to Legion Field to get loaded and can´t remember seeing a fourth quarter in four years at Alabama. I continued that tradition when I moved to San Francisco in 1967. In those days you could buy a 50 yard line ticket at the gate just before game time and join the 7,000 or so other spectators to watch the 49ers get stomped and re-stomped week after week. We use to carry a case of beer on ice into the stadium and nobody ever tried to stop us. We did not, however, ever throw empty beer cans at the players who actually deserved a beer can or two ´side the head back then.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Well, as they say in the South, "The Proof is in the Puddin' "

"Let's get it on" !

AND, to the Notre Dame fans that sya they are going to win,

"You ain't done nuttin', til you do it "

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 pm

I've had a "death grip" on my rosary all day....can't let loose. lol!
Looking for a blond, Gaelic speaking Jesus with his arms straight up.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:01 pm

Dawg has just discovered that the Alabama-Notre Dame game will indeed be viewable on Shaw on Channel 400. I will be tuned in to watch The Tide roll over the Christians. While I would like to see Bama whip the Irish, I really can´t lose since, if Bama wins I am somewhat mildly if transiently pleased but if Bama loses, I have the gleeful satisfaction of knowing that my sister back on Mobile Bay will have a miserable night and only people in South Bend will be happy and nobody more than ten miles away even knows where South Bend is so who cares?
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:59 pm

"Let's get it on" !

AND, to the Notre Dame fans that sya they are going to win,

HALFTIME - Ho-Hum !!

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:08 pm

KUDOS to the BCS computer rankings.....a real laugher.....time to watch Hawaii five o
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:41 pm

Jim W wrote:KUDOS to the BCS computer rankings.....a real laugher.....time to watch Hawaii five o

Where's the nearest Protestant Church? Presbyterians vs. Catholics 851398 ...I need help.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:50 pm

"Let's get it on" !

AND, to the Notre Dame fans that say they are going to win,

HALFTIME - Ho-Hum !!

Well, We dun it !!

For youin's info , It ain't braggin' if you do it !!!!!!!!

And for you snowbirds up north, Eatin' crow is good for the Character !!

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:01 pm

So, the Tide stomped and humiliated the Irish. I must say, Dawg did not find that game boring at all and it was damned nice of us Bama boys to give the Irish a couple of touchdowns on the cheap so they did not have to return to South Bend (wherever that is) with tails between legs.

Don´t worry about finding a protestant church slainte39 and Sundown, Alabamians only pretend to be religious. The only things we believe in are football, bourbon whiskey and good weed. Well, maybe poontang and floating in warm crystal aguamarine Gulf waters with hot babes and Bear Bryant and Nick Saban as well but not for sexual encounters.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:10 pm

And don't forget those possum and coon safaris.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum