INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attire for going out

+7
David
Ms Mac
gringal
Solovino
lucky
CanuckBob
Intercasa
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Attire for going out Empty Attire for going out

Post by Intercasa Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:42 am

One reason I like going out in Guad is that the clubs, well the nice ones have a way of keeping the bad people out. If a club lets anybody in then that can be problematic. Although they do let me in so hmmmm......

Whenever you hear about a shooting or some violence at a night spot it is almost always where there is banda music, not really surprising like hearing of a shooting at a rap concert.

Most good night spots don't have a line to get in. There is an entry area and if you don't fit the profile of their clientele then the bouncer won't motion to you and ask who are you here with and view your friends and then allow you to enter. Most people that don't fit the profile will go away after waiting a while. If the club is popular and full then you could wait and not enter if you arrive too late, like after midnight.

I was at Galeria 2 weeks ago and they had a sign with their dress code, I should have snapped a picture as it was funny but also keeps the riff raff out. It said no baseball caps, no t shirts, no cowboy hats, no boots, no cowboy belt buckles, no dreadlocks, no sports jerseys.

Dress to impress and always go with good looking girls to improve your chances of getting in quicker.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Attire for going out Empty Re: Attire for going out

Post by CanuckBob Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:31 am

So my shorts and sandles would be OK?

Bob
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:09 am

Sure, maybe at the gay bar and all the guys would offer to push in your stool.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:26 pm

Yeah, yeah I know. I learned that lesson in Morelia. Haha

Bob
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:40 pm

"push in your stool"......great line, spencer! (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:16 pm

CanuckBob wrote:So my shorts and sandles would be OK?

Bob

The shorter the shorts the more I will like you. Seriously, after more than five years here, I see a more casual sense of dress coming about. Five years ago, I never saw a man in less than full length pants in GDL. It is still rare, but I see it. Usually cut below the knee, but still a big change. I am 66 and live in shorts, but never go into GDL without full pants. What I also find interesting is that in lakeside, where five years ago I never saw short pants, I am now seeing it more and more, especiallly on young Mexican men.
My pet peeve is old foreign farts that dress like paupers, with shorts too high and the cellulite just blowing in the wind. Nasty and disgusting No respect for Mexico and no respect for themselves. Knee length minimal folks. No one is interested in seeing your varicose veins Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Zoey wrote: Seriously, after more than five years here, I see a more casual sense of dress coming about. Five years ago, I never saw a man in less than full length pants in GDL. It is still rare, but I see it. Usually cut below the knee, but still a big change.

After living over 30 years in Guadalajara, I can say that that is BS.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:51 pm

How about this: Before heading out the door to be seen in public, day or night, do this:
Line yourself up in front of a full length mirror. Pretend that's somebody else there.
Whaddya think? If you gag, go back and start over with the clothes.

And, f'hevvinsakes, toss out the stuff that's so tight it outlines the muffin-bellies. :affraid:

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:57 pm

Intercasa wrote:One reason I like going out in Guad is that the clubs, well the nice ones have a way of keeping the bad people out. If a club lets anybody in then that can be problematic. Although they do let me in so hmmmm......

Whenever you hear about a shooting or some violence at a night spot it is almost always where there is banda music, not really surprising like hearing of a shooting at a rap concert.

Most good night spots don't have a line to get in. There is an entry area and if you don't fit the profile of their clientele then the bouncer won't motion to you and ask who are you here with and view your friends and then allow you to enter. Most people that don't fit the profile will go away after waiting a while. If the club is popular and full then you could wait and not enter if you arrive too late, like after midnight.

I was at Galeria 2 weeks ago and they had a sign with their dress code, I should have snapped a picture as it was funny but also keeps the riff raff out. It said no baseball caps, no t shirts, no cowboy hats, no boots, no cowboy belt buckles, no dreadlocks, no sports jerseys.

Spencer, you are such a slut. I mean manwhore. I mean wannabe manwhore. It saddens me greatly that based on what you wrote our moderator would not be allowed into any of the "finer' nightclubs in GDL. I am trying to help him, but he is stubborn as hell. Zoey

Dress to impress and always go with good looking girls to improve your chances of getting in quicker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:59 pm

Intercasa wrote:Sure, maybe at the gay bar and all the guys would offer to push in your stool.

Ouch. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:00 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yeah, yeah I know. I learned that lesson in Morelia. Haha

Bob

Please tell us more. Graphics would be appreciated. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:03 pm

gringal wrote:How about this: Before heading out the door to be seen in public, day or night, do this:
Line yourself up in front of a full length mirror. Pretend that's somebody else there.
Whaddya think? If you gag, go back and start over with the clothes.

And, f'hevvinsakes, toss out the stuff that's so tight it outlines the muffin-bellies. :affraid:

Muffin bellies? Your creation? Still laughing. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:09 pm

Yup, Zoey...mine. Sometimes a whole cake is hanging out there. At that point, there's something to be said for "Mumus for men". They're go well with the white socks.

Now, here's a big (fat) generalization, but true enough: I've noticed that, especially in the older crowd, the gay men take better care of themselves: slimmer and in better shape.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:09 pm

When I go clothes shopping I like to take a gay man with me. They usually have a great sense of style.

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:03 am

My favorite excuse men and women use for dressing like slobs:
"BUT I'M COMFORTABLE, SO I DON'T CARE".
Obviously. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:49 pm

gringal wrote:Yup, Zoey...mine. Sometimes a whole cake is hanging out there. At that point, there's something to be said for "Mumus for men". They're go well with the white socks.

Now, here's a big (fat) generalization, but true enough: I've noticed that, especially in the older crowd, the gay men take better care of themselves: slimmer and in better shape.

Well, Gringal, guess we can never meet. I am the exception that proves the rule. But, I think you are right. Gay men tend to take more care of their appearance than straight men, epecially married straight men. NIce compliment, though. Black knee length socks and shorts is one of favorites. grin. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:50 pm

Oh, they are even better if you wear sandals.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:31 pm

Naaah. The combo should be the black socks with regular dress shoes and shorts.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:58 pm

Intercasa wrote:Oh, they are even better if you wear sandals.

From the mouth of a notorious heterosexual. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:01 pm

gringal wrote:Naaah. The combo should be the black socks with regular dress shoes and shorts.

Your a lot funnier here than on the other webboard. Why is that? Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:21 pm

Waaal, it's like this: I haven't been tossed off the porch and into the dirt at the other board. I behave myself more than usual over there. You know, like at a wedding or funeral. Pick one.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:31 pm

gringal wrote:Waaal, it's like this: I haven't been tossed off the porch and into the dirt at the other board. I behave myself more than usual over there. You know, like at a wedding or funeral. Pick one.
What a wonderful addition to this webboard you are. I think I am in love. How much longer do you think your husband will live? Damn, I am almost sorry that I am gay. I loved you on the other board and I love you more on this one. You are funnier than hell. I had no idea. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:54 pm

Ms Mac wrote:When I go clothes shopping I like to take a gay man with me. They usually have a great sense of style.
And the steriotypes continue. Most of them are true. That is why they are stereiotypes. There is always some truth to anything that has made it to a steriotype category Zoey. Stereotypes, sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:54 pm

Zoey: HELL is not funny. Just ask Sister Mary Rulermaster at the Academy of The Holy Suffering Succotashes.
Twisted Evil

About those stereotypes: without them, we would have to listen to b.s. in mono.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:28 pm

Zoey, you are so fickle. You said you were in love with me. Damn!

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum