INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

+8
Rosa Venus
slainte39
CheenaGringo
viajero
CanuckBob
joec
Texmexco
hueco_negro
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House - Page 2 Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by E-raq Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 am

joec wrote:
E-raq wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:
joec wrote:Well it sounds like disrespect.

Well it's not. I just find it frustrating to see something on the markets for "years". It makes no sense to me. Also, I have been following the RE market here very closely for almost 6 years. I don't believe the market has even hit the bottom yet. There could be another 10% on the downside before it levels out.

Three reasons for a expensive house not to sell anywhere.

Bad marketing

Bad pricing

No buyers

I give you marketing but I bet the last two have something to do with buyers silence.
Got this from my wife who was NOB a Lawyer, Real Estate Broker, and Mobile Notary.
People are trying to tell you somthing John.

Z

I'll add lousy unprofessional realtors to that list.

Our house sold in a day back 13 years ago. We had a 30% increase offer on it less than a year later and it wasn't even listed. That's marketing and a good agent. Now we told them to shove it after they failed to come up with the full deposit using some cockamamie story about offshore accounts. Nevertheless it was a genuine offer.

13 years ago!!! A totally different scenario. Apples to oranges comparison. If you don't like Hernandez Realty, can you suggest a couple that are better?

Nope, I'd do it myself as Neil has suggested. Kick the SOB's out asap, or sit around waiting.

Vivian properties is a good one. International.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=aaplw&p=vivian+properties

E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House - Page 2 Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by joec Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:50 am

Houses between 400 K to 500 K in Ajijic.

Las Salvias - 419 K - 2010 - 4078 sf - 3 br - 3.5 ba - common pool

Los Arroyos Sur # 12 - 425 K - 2002 - 4670 sf - 3 br - 3.5 ba - Casita - pool - 2 car gar

La Canacinta - 429 K - 2007 - 4186 sf - 3 br - 3.5 ba - NO POOL - carport

Los Arroyos Norte - 439 K - 4541 sf - Renov 2010 - 3 br - 3 ba - Casita - pool - 2 car gar

La Cristina - 439 K - 2003 - 4584 sf - 3 br - 2.5 ba - NO POOL - 2 car gar

IMO, the following houses are overpriced.
Arroyo Alto - 459 K - 1,800 sq ft SMALLER - 2006 - 2850 sf - 3 br - 3 ba - pool - Carport

La Floresta - 496,900 - 2009 - 4261 sf - 2 br - 4 ba - NO POOL - 2 car gar

Las Salvias - 499 K - Renov 2012 - 3981 sf - 3 br - 4.5 ba - NO POOL

La Floresta - 499 K - 2009 - 4455 sf - 3 br - 3 ba - NO POOL - 2 car gar

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:31 pm

So, Johnny what does that prove?
What's the selling price? Never divulged.

Las Salvias is a far cry from LAS, just sayin'
So is La Floresta. Walking distance of town.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hueco_negro Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Geez guys I don't know if I should be pissed off that my thread was hijacked or proud of what a "serious" discussion its morphed into.

Well if anyone knows of someone who wants to buy a large liveable fixer upper in Riberas for under 100K USD please let me know.
hueco_negro
hueco_negro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:11 pm

hueco_negro wrote:Geez guys I don't know if I should be pissed off that my thread was hijacked or proud of what a "serious" discussion its morphed into.

Well if anyone knows of someone who wants to buy a large liveable fixer upper in Riberas for under 100K USD please let me know.

Now that's what I call thinking. Also good marketing. Very Happy
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:03 pm

hueco_negro wrote:Geez guys I don't know if I should be pissed off that my thread was hijacked or proud of what a "serious" discussion its morphed into.

Send me some pics to post and let's get that sold for you. Sounds like a bargain.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hueco_negro Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:25 pm

I'm too lazy to take pics. lol. But anyone who is seriously interested is welcome to drop by at any time after communicating with me via the board and I know they are serious, and that my place might meet theirs needs, and they're not just tire kickers.
hueco_negro
hueco_negro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:18 pm

E-raq wrote:So, Johnny what does that prove?

Again, you show you know NOTHING about Ajijic's gated Communities and Fracc's. Who the hell would even think of comparing the oldest development, La Floresta, to Los Arroyos Sur.? Most all of the homes are old, they have flooding problems in the rainy season and sewage smells in one area of La Floresta. Then there's the easy access for robberies just off the Carretera. No thanks!

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:09 pm

joec wrote:
E-raq wrote:So, Johnny what does that prove?

Again, you show you know NOTHING about Ajijic's gated Communities and Fracc's. Who the hell would even think of comparing the oldest development, La Floresta, to Los Arroyos Sur.? Most all of the homes are old, they have flooding problems in the rainy season and sewage smells in one area of La Floresta. Then there's the easy access for robberies just off the Carretera. No thanks!

Wow what an inflated view of yourself you have, we should call you the balloon.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Gee, when I tried to open John's eyes to reality, I was threatened with expulsion. Oh well, rather than saying anything negative, I will just point out, John's house has been for sale for not one year as he posted but going on 1.5 years.

And to his credit he has dropped the price of his "wonderful" home from well over half a million to somewhat less. Once he drops his price, maybe to $333,000, his nice home will sell. But he's got to realize where he lives, way out of town.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:11 pm

Bout right Pete, according to my sources the last one went for less. Canucks I believe.

Ohhh Johnny, better up the price of that aged stainless steel set eh what?
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:27 am

E-raq wrote:Bout right Pete, according to my sources the last one went for less. Canucks I believe.

As usual you don't know what you're talking about!!! Last one where??? Canucks where??? And you get your misinformation from where???

No Canucks have bought here since 4 or 5 years ago. We have 4 Canucks who own here and 2 Mexicans.

The last house just sold for 2.5 million, so I was told!!!

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:01 am

joec wrote:
E-raq wrote:Bout right Pete, according to my sources the last one went for less. Canucks I believe.

As usual you don't know what you're talking about!!! Last one where??? Canucks where??? And you get your misinformation from where???

No Canucks have bought here since 4 or 5 years ago. We have 4 Canucks who own here and 2 Mexicans.

Wow, thanks for the laugh John, 2.5 million what, Pesos?

I think that equates to roughly $175,000, Ooop's a far cry from what you're asking now isn't it?

Wake up to reality. Or alternatively really whack up the price of the used stainless steel pots and pans.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:27 am

E-raq wrote:
joec wrote:

Wow, thanks for the laugh John, 2.5 million what, Pesos?

I think that equates to roughly $175,000, Ooop's a far cry from what you're asking now isn't it?

Wake up to reality. Or alternatively really whack up the price of the used stainless steel pots and pans.

We talk in USD when talking about RE. No, it sold for 2.5 million $$$$. Builders own home. Nothing like that in RC, eh???

And you didn't answer my question where you get your misinformation. I quoted exact statistics for you. I can quote every resale price on houses here too. Most all are waaaay above 400 K.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:25 am

You mean to tell me that a house in LAS recently sold for 2.5 million dollars?

That's absurd. Evil or Very Mad
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:59 am

It's all about LOCATION. Period. Exclamation point.

Our fearless leader was using his brain cells when he bought smack dab on the best street in Ajijic Village. I know the house: wasn't on the market long before he went for it. I don't think he'll be sorry.

John is under the impression that living in his (his capitals) Gated Community is something special, better than the much more conveniently located and IMO much more lush and impressive La Floresta, most of which is not having sewer or flooding problems. As long as he believes that, he'll have the opportunity to stay right there instead of putting up with the joys of the good old U.S.A. That's fine, since I'd kind of miss John/Joe if he left. He's got guts, and sticks with a good fight till the end (or the mod's delete button).

The problem with his Community is that you might as well still be living in the same kind of environment in the U.S.A. That appeals to some people. I suspect that explains the Dinner Group preferences as well.

Personally, I moved to Mexico. Just my opinion. pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:07 am

gringal wrote:It's all about LOCATION. Period. Exclamation point.

Our fearless leader was using his brain cells when he bought smack dab on the best street in Ajijic Village. I know the house: wasn't on the market long before he went for it. I don't think he'll be sorry.

John is under the impression that living in his (his capitals) Gated Community is something special, better than the much more conveniently located and IMO much more lush and impressive La Floresta, most of which is not having sewer or flooding problems. As long as he believes that, he'll have the opportunity to stay right there instead of putting up with the joys of the good old U.S.A. That's fine, since I'd kind of miss John/Joe if he left. He's got guts, and sticks with a good fight till the end (or the mod's delete button).

The problem with his Community is that you might as well still be living in the same kind of environment in the U.S.A. That appeals to some people. I suspect that explains the Dinner Group preferences as well.

Personally, I moved to Mexico. Just my opinion. pirat

I agree, and despite my dislike of many features of the R.C. it is the best, in the opinion of Guadalajarans, of vacation living, Mexican style. Many of the residents here live in Santa Anita Golf and Country club, which is a really lovely suburban area on the road to Colima. A true gated community, no walls around the homes, excellent security, a police station at the entrance etc. It kind of reminded me of Canada.
I agree
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:12 am

gringal wrote:

You mean there are a lot of places in the U.S.A. with someone like John...that's a good one lol! lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:23 am

slainte39 wrote:
gringal wrote:

You mean there are a lot of places in the U.S.A. with someone like John...that's a good one lol! lol!

It is, there are also, newsflash, lots of people like John here. lol!
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Texmexco Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:10 pm

You might try mlsmexico.com, where around 100 Lakeside properties are listed by both Chapala MLS (CAR) members and non-Car members, as well as by the LagunaChapala.com/FSBO. Many of these properties do NOT appear on the Chapala MLS site, thus giving people a greater selection. If the OP wants to list with FSBO, their property would be among those advertised on mlsmexico.com.

I agree with JoeC that Noe Lopez is an excellent agent, one of the best around. But because sad transaction stories abound here in Mexico (even when the agent is a member of a group such as CAR or AMPI), I recommend that ANY transaction be done with the assistance of a good attorney. Finding a "good" lawyer is also a challenge. So ask around! Word of mouth is valuable.

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:45 pm

Texmexco wrote:You might try mlsmexico.com, where around 100 Lakeside properties are listed by both Chapala MLS (CAR) members and non-Car members, as well as by the LagunaChapala.com/FSBO. Many of these properties do NOT appear on the Chapala MLS site, thus giving people a greater selection. If the OP wants to list with FSBO, their property would be among those advertised on mlsmexico.com.

I agree with JoeC that Noe Lopez is an excellent agent, one of the best around. But because sad transaction stories abound here in Mexico (even when the agent is a member of a group such as CAR or AMPI), I recommend that ANY transaction be done with the assistance of a good attorney. Finding a "good" lawyer is also a challenge. So ask around! Word of mouth is valuable.

A good lawyer is not necessary. He cannot do Deeds, Wills and Powers of Attorney. Only a Notario can do that. There are a few good Notarios around, one by the last name of Uarte in Chapala and Jara in Joco.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:51 pm

joec wrote:
Texmexco wrote:You might try mlsmexico.com, where around 100 Lakeside properties are listed by both Chapala MLS (CAR) members and non-Car members, as well as by the LagunaChapala.com/FSBO. Many of these properties do NOT appear on the Chapala MLS site, thus giving people a greater selection. If the OP wants to list with FSBO, their property would be among those advertised on mlsmexico.com.

A good lawyer is not necessary. He cannot do Deeds, Wills and Powers of Attorney. Only a Notario can do that. There are a few good Notarios around, one by the last name of Uarte in Chapala and Jara in Joco.

Yes, a good lawyer is necessary unless you speak fluent Spanish and know how to look up certain records.
The notario does wills, confirms durable powers of attorney and deeds.

I have personally bought and sold property here is Mexico using both an attorney and a notario.

We also use Ramos Uriarte in Chapala for wills and Juan Carlos Lopez Jara in Jocotepec for real estate transactions. I would not do any transaction here without an attorney.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:16 pm

E-raq wrote:
joec wrote:

Yes, a good lawyer is necessary unless you speak fluent Spanish and know how to look up certain records.

I have personally bought and sold property here is Mexico using both an attorney and a notario.

We also use Ramos Uriarte in Chapala for wills and Juan Carlos Lopez Jara in Jocotepec for real estate transactions. I would not do any transaction here without an attorney.

Why use an attorney who has nothing to do with the Deed or closing? You're just wasting money. The Notario does EVERYTHING. You cannot do a closing without a Notario. The two you mentioned are excellent.

Ramos Uriarte in Chapala is our Notario for our Condominium.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:19 pm

joec wrote:
E-raq wrote:
joec wrote:

Why use an attorney who has nothing to do with the Deed or closing? You're just wasting money. The Notario does EVERYTHING. You cannot do a closing without a Notario. The two you mentioned are excellent.

Ramos Uriarte in Chapala is our Notario for our Condominium.

Simply due to prior experiences in this country, I do absolutely nothing without the advice of an attorney, and his legwork.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2