INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Lessons

5 posters

Go down

Golf Lessons Empty Golf Lessons

Post by SunFan Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:35 am

I'm not a golfer.

My wife just bought a great set of clubs for me off one of the local internet sales sites. (is she trying to tell me something???)

Guess I'm tacking up golf!

Questions

Can I get recommendations on where/who to go for golf lessons? I live in Upper Chula Vista beside the Chapala Golf Club.

What's the best place Lakeside or in Guad for golf accessories? I assume I'll needs shoes, gloves, etc

Many thanks

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Golf Lessons Empty Re: Golf Lessons

Post by hockables Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:42 am

SunFan wrote:I'm not a golfer.

My wife just bought a great set of clubs for me off one of the local internet sales sites. (is she trying to tell me something???)

Questions

Can I get recommendations on where/who to go for golf lessons? I live in Upper Chula Vista beside the Chapala Golf Club.

What's the best place Lakeside or in Guad for golf accessories? I assume I'll needs shoes, gloves, etc

Many thanks

SunFan

Beer Hell.... I'll give ya lessons.... You bring the Beer...
anywhere but Chula Vista.... to much like exercise!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:57 am

hockables wrote:

Questions

Many thanks

SunFan

Hocks, I'll buy the beer.....would enjoy watching you give golf lessons......talk about cheap entertainment.....LMAO! Beer Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Jim W wrote:
hockables wrote:

Questions

Many thanks

SunFan

Hocks, I'll buy the beer.....would enjoy watching you give golf lessons......talk about cheap entertainment.....LMAO! Beer Beer Beer

Well I've got most the household chores done... no longer a prisoner to my own home....
git yer ass back here and lets get a golf'n...
I'll buy the first round... { of drinks } Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Hockables.

How many beers does it take to shoot a hole in one???

For the first six months of this year we rented a house that backed (fronted?) onto the 6th and 7th holes on the Chulka Vista golf course. I averaged 6 or 7 balls a week in the yard/pool/windows.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:07 pm

SunFan wrote:Hockables.

How many beers does it take to shoot a hole in one???

For the first six months of this year we rented a house that backed (fronted?) onto the 6th and 7th holes on the Chulka Vista golf course. I averaged 6 or 7 balls a week in the yard/pool/windows.

SunFan
A hole in one is " the Golden Key "
After U get one... U can quit Golf'n....
" Golf?? ... been there, done that!! "
Don't U worry.... folks make a tidy little profit selling those balls back!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:09 pm

The odds of shooting a hole in one are 12,500 to 1. Only reason I know this is that they were comparing the odds of various things to the odds of winning the $550M Powerball drawing yesterday which happened to be 175+M to 1.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:10 pm

Questions

Many thanks

SunFan

As a novice, your best bet for lessons is probably Chapala Country Club. The pro there is Andres, he charges around 200 pesos per hour. He does a pretty good job with his students. I can introduce you when I return. Atlas is another option, they have a teaching pro, not sure of his rates though. Both clubs have driving ranges. Chula Vista you hit into a net or use Hole in One accross the street. Neither of these options give you the visual feedback that a driving range does.

Golf equipment, like fishing gear is pretty expensive here. Example is golf balls, I pay less than $36.00 per dozen in the US, here around 700 pesos per dozen for the same ball.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:24 pm

hockables wrote:
Jim W wrote:
hockables wrote:

Questions

Many thanks

SunFan

Well I've got most the household chores done... no longer a prisoner to my own home....

Hocks, Will be back on Tuesday, have a 2 day tournament Thursday and Friday....beyond that, Golf n Cervesas works for Monday?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:41 am

Jim W wrote:
hockables wrote:
Jim W wrote:
hockables wrote:

Questions

Many thanks

SunFan

Hocks, Will be back on Tuesday, have a 2 day tournament Thursday and Friday....beyond that, Golf n Cervesas works for Monday?

Jim.... give me a call when you are back....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:34 pm

Sun Fan, talk to Brandon at The Score, he's PGA Certified Professional golf teacher. He gives both individual and group lessons. As for shoes, gloves, balls, etc., Atlas Country Club, just past GDL, has an excellent golf shop. Everything same price as in the USA + IVA.

BTW, what size shoes do you need? I have too many.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:50 pm

David wrote:Sun Fan, talk to Brandon at The Score, he's PGA Certified Professional golf teacher. He gives both individual and group lessons. As for shoes, gloves, balls, etc., Atlas Country Club, just past GDL, has an excellent golf shop. Everything same price as in the USA + IVA.

BTW, what size shoes do you need? I have too many.

David, have things changed at Atlas golf shop? Are they still the same company that supplies Santa Anita? Last time I checked, Atlas was charging 720 pesos for a dozen Taylormade Penta TP, plus 16% IVA. US price is around $40.00. I bought 10 dozen last week for $27.00 per dozen, free shipping and zero tax. This is a good time to buy golf gear NOB, as all shops are dumping inventory!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:10 pm

New company moved in a couple of months ago, supposedly the biggest in Mexico. Great selection, all brands, same price as US. I bought a new Ping G20 Driver for $249, had to pay the IVA, but no hassle, no shipping, and no duty. The shop is packed with stuff!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:41 am

Thanks for all the great advice. I'll be following up on Jim and Davids advice. Hocks advice I'll ignore. He sounds too much like me!!!!

Just hope I don't take golfing seriously.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down